No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Valley has a lot of history as a very good basketball league, we've always had a few teams that have made it to the dance and sometimes 3-4. It was tough to watch last year but we shouldnt throw in the towel just yet. But having said that, lets see if we can get some new blood in the league. UAB would be a nice addition. They have had some good teams through the years , we had some pretty good match-ups with them back during the Antoine-Cliff-X days

Comment

• Conferences are getting bigger too. If the opportunity is going to be there, I'd rather see us just grab up tons of these teams and go to 14 or 16 than try to preserve some kind of 10 team thing. I like 10, but I also like being relevant :)

Comment

• UAB canceling football. Let's add them and disgard Drake! At least it's an upgrade
        Last edited by shocker22; November 30, 2014, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
          UAB cancel king football. Let's add them and disgard Drake! At least it's an upgrade
          Yeah, but if UAB drops football CUSA will no doubt look to scoop up Missouri State.

Comment

• IMO, this is not even the tip of the iceberg. More schools will drop football in the next couple of years or so. Only about 20 football programs make money, and the costs are going to go up considerably in the coming years.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Hard to believe that schools lose this much money on football and continue to chase that dream. A kickass conference could be formed if some of these could wakeup and ditch football. Re the comment above...I can think of more than 3 schools I would trade for UAB.
              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                IMO, this is not even the tip of the iceberg. More schools will drop football in the next couple of years or so. Only about 20 football programs make money, and the costs are going to go up considerably in the coming years.

I completely agree! The cost is astronomical

Comment

• You have to get rid of Elgin before any significant changes would be made. He is the personna of 'status quo'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9 View Post
                    You have to get rid of Elgin before any significant changes would be made. He is the personna of 'status quo'.
                    This isn't just about Elgin. This is the responsibility of everyone of the small time school presidents in the MVC. Which is asinine. It should be up to the ADs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ic-departments

Hard to believe that schools lose this much money on football and continue to chase that dream. A kickass conference could be formed if some of these could wakeup and ditch football. Re the comment above...I can think of more than 3 schools I would trade for UAB.
                      So, based on this article, 56 of the 64 non-Big 5 schools lose money?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                        This isn't just about Elgin. This is the responsibility of everyone of the small time school presidents in the MVC. Which is asinine. It should be up to the ADs.
                        It is about them keeping their jobs (in their minds). Not what is best for our program.
                        On twitter as @WuShocks

Comment

• nm

Comment

• For the millionth time, Elgin does not decide who gets added to the Valley. That is a decision made by university presidents. If they can be convinced the Valley should move to 12 teams, make a move for UAB and a private school in geographic proximity, preferably with a solid basketball program, such as Belmont.

And forget about kicking an existing member out. That isn't going to happen. When is the last time a school was booted from a league for any reason than the school no longer meeting league requirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              For the millionth time, Elgin does not decide who gets added to the Valley. That is a decision made by university presidents. If they can be convinced the Valley should move to 12 teams, make a move for UAB and a private school in geographic proximity, preferably with a solid basketball program, such as Belmont.

And forget about kicking an existing member out. That isn't going to happen. When is the last time a school was booted from a league for any reason than the school no longer meeting league requirements?
                              maybe one of them can get an academic scholarship

Comment

• Seeing scuttlebutt of A-10 looking at adding 2.

Of course just rumors.

Comment

Working...
                                X