American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    True, Heinro -- good point. I've obviously been so mesmerized by the Big East hype machine that I forgot Villanova wasn't a P5er. Nice observation about Connecticut, too, because that would give the AAC two championships in five seasons. The league would be asking the rest of college hoops, "Who's your daddy?"
    Edit - Correction. Thanks Kel.

Going back to Butler's loss to Duke and even counting Louisville as ACC, a non-P5 has been in the title game 5 out of the last 8 years. Talk about a narrative you never hear.
    Last edited by Heinro; April 3, 2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heinro View Post
      Actually looking at it, Louisville was in the AAC when they won the national championship? That would mean if Gonzaga were to win tonight, 4 out of the last 5 years a non-P5 has won. We would make 5 out of the last 6 years if we win next year.
      Louisville was in the Big East in 2013. Last year of the old Big East.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• What impact would this move to the AAC have on our baseball team? Would this be a step-up or down in competition?

Sorry if this was already addressed, this thread is looooong.
        "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
        -- Pele

Comment

• ^This.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perezident View Post
            What impact would this move to the AAC have on our baseball team? Would this be a step-up or down in competition?

The league is pretty good, but not great. My opinion is that anytime you can add a league with Southern schools it's a good thing. But we have much bigger problems than our league right now. Dang!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              I've managed to get my hands on some Royal Salute in anticipation of this announcement.
              Nothing like a couple of Colt 45's to do it up right.

Comment

What impact would this move to the AAC have on our baseball team? Would this be a step-up or down in competition?

Just looking at this year, the AAC has 6 teams in the top 100 of the College Baseball RPI while the MVC has 3. AAC has UH and USF in the top 25 with East Carolina and UCF getting votes. Only Dallas Baptist is getting votes for the Valley.

Comment

I was surprised to learn just now that neither Tulsa nor SMU have baseball teams. Temple is the other team with no baseball. Here are the standings:

Comment

Substantial step up in competition in most years.

Comment

• I'm guessing all the baseball programs in the AAC have facilities with lights, which is more than be said of the MVC.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                        This is just me, but I wouldn't expect any word until middle to end of the week at the earliest.

Go Shocks!
                        Not just you.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• I need to know more people.

Comment

• Unfortunately, we are the one AAC school without lights, however, UCONN recently approved a $46 Million upgrade to our baseball, softball, and soccer facilities: http://csnbbs.com/thread-809996.html

We have held our own in the AAC despite the issues associated with being located in New England. UCONN just swept the series at ECU this past weekend. We are currently 16-9 despite having yet to play a home game this season. Fingers crossed that tomorrow will be our first!

The AAC has definitely been an upgrade from the Big East when it comes to baseball. It's a competitive and fun league. I think you guys will enjoy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                              I need to know more people.
                              What a difference a comma makes.

[/GrammarTroll]

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                What a difference a comma makes.

[/GrammarTroll]
                                My grammar is correct for my intended meaning.

Comment

Working...
                                X