No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were wondering how 3G would do coaching at a power conference. Now we get to find out.

We will also find out if this team and players are ready for the big time.

Comment

• Kansas football needs to compete at the FCS level.
      Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I'm wondering if the pool that the American uses for basketball officials is the same pool the MVC uses. Be interesting if any like PJ do any games in the American. And its not PJ Cousinard.
        There is only one pool of officials. All conferences use the same pool. Now, each comference has a person, or they share a person that assigns referees from that single referee pool. In the American, Mark Whitehead assigns referees. Mark Whitehead also assigns referees for the SEC. Therefore, you will probably see a lot of the referees that call SEC games also call games in the American. Some referees only take games within a region, so it's possible that a referee that calls a Kentucky home game, will also call a Memphis home game, but never call a Wichita State home game. And since some referees don't leave regions, and Paul Jansen has called games at Wichita State, it is possible for Mark Whitehead to assign Paul Jansen to a Wichita State home game. My guess is that Mark Whitehead will assign the same refs he contacts to call Tulsa games to call Shocker games.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          There is only one pool of officials. All conferences use the same pool. Now, each comference has a person, or they share a person that assigns referees from that single referee pool. In the American, Mark Whitehead assigns referees. Mark Whitehead also assigns referees for the SEC. Therefore, you will probably see a lot of the referees that call SEC games also call games in the American. Some referees only take games within a region, so it's possible that a referee that calls a Kentucky home game, will also call a Memphis home game, but never call a Wichita State home game. And since some referees don't leave regions, and Paul Jansen has called games at Wichita State, it is possible for Mark Whitehead to assign Paul Jansen to a Wichita State home game. My guess is that Mark Whitehead will assign the same refs he contacts to call Tulsa games to call Shocker games.
          I never understood why people complained about "Valley" officiating for this very reason...John Higgins being my top example.
          78-65

Comment

• It's not the officials (usually). I think it's more based on how a league might want the rules enforced. One thing's really obvious - Arch Madness is officiated differently than March Madness.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              It's not the officials (usually). I think it's more based on how a league might want the rules enforced. One thing's really obvious - Arch Madness is officiated differently than March Madness.
              True. Officials get jobs based on relationships they have with each conference's director of officials. And each conference may have different points of emphasis. An official could call games a certain way in one conference and completely different in another.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                I never understood why people complained about "Valley" officiating for this very reason...John Higgins being my top example.
                IMHO, some very good referees become very mediocre referees if they feel the game they are officiating is beneath them or if they believe they are paired with timid, lazy, unprepared or poor officials and try to do it all themselves. I believe Higgins and Janssen both fall into this category.
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

True. Officials get jobs based on relationships they have with each conference's director of officials. And each conference may have different points of emphasis. An official could call games a certain way in one conference and completely different in another.
                  I've seen many occasions where the officials call the first half entirely different than the second half. Just sayin'
                  "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    🌻🏀🌻🏀🌻🏀🌻🏀🌻🏀

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      I've seen many occasions where the officials call the first half entirely different than the second half. Just sayin'
                      That could also be because teams trade sides at half, yet the officials mechanics and rotations remain the same.

Comment

Paul Jansen will only work in Wichita if Mark Whitehead is a soulless ass hat
                        The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

That could also be because teams trade sides at half, yet the officials mechanics and rotations remain the same.
                          So are you saying some officials are left-handed, left-eyed or left-brained?

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                            So are you saying some officials are left-handed, left-eyed or left-brained?
                            I think he was just trying to be polite in saying that Janssen is horrible at his job.

Comment

• Looks like American basketball tournament semifinals and finals will be moving to CBS Sports from ESPN2 and ESPN next season. https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGang/st...48016703885312

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                Looks like American basketball tournament semifinals and finals will be moving to CBS Sports from ESPN2 and ESPN next season. https://twitter.com/CBSSportsGang/st...48016703885312
                                I wonder if this was going to happen before WSU moved to the AAC or if it was because of WSU moving to the AAC?

Paul Suellentrop said CBS was hosting the semifinals and finals and not CBS Sports.

“We are extremely pleased to have our semifinal and championship games on CBS,” American commissioner Mike Aresco said in the news release.
                                Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Edit: Or did he just mean CBS Sports since it's part of CBS.
                                Last edited by 1979Shocker; May 23, 2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X