American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was published two hours ago on the Dallas Morning News website:

"A team like that could really help the AAC. This year's seeds for SMU and Cincinnati show the conference could use a perception boost. Wichita State's addition, the conference-realignment version of a graduate transfer, should help the conference raise its overall RPI.

At the end of the season, Aresco was optimistic about the future of the AAC.

"In two years, we'll be among the best conferences in the country," the commissioner said. "I'm totally convinced."

Now that outlook appears to be even brighter with the addition of the Shockers, a move that could pay dividends for all involved next March."

Not a smoking gun, but boy do I like the look and tone of the article.

FWIW, could not find anything from the Memphis newspaper on the AAC invite.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm excited too but how about a ban on new threads on this topic until someone links the press conference?
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
          I'm excited too but how about a ban on new threads on this topic until someone links the press conference?
          Oh shoot. I was just about ready to ask what the over/under would be on new threads between now and the end of the day of the official announcement.

Comment

• Well, someone is already editing the AAC entry in Wikipedia, so it must be true. American Athletic Conference - Current Members

Comment

• okay, heard through source at Memphis. Now @Power6Tigers is tweeting it. Sorry I shouldn't have started a new thread or had the hot links at lunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
                okay, heard through source at Memphis. Now @Power6Tigers is tweeting it. Sorry I shouldn't have started a new thread or had the hot links at lunch.
                Sometimes you just can't resist the temptation.

Comment

• Final USA Today Coaches Poll

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/bas...ches-poll/

21 Wichita State
                  22 Cincinnati
                  23 SMU

Comment

• [QUOTE=WstateU;724604][img]https://s

That's a Kielbasa, not a hot link......just sayin.....a hot link looks more like a hot dog (and not like a Kielbasa).

Comment

• Damn, was hoping this was the official announcement thread
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• [QUOTE=shocka khan;724614]
                        Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        [img]https://s

That's a Kielbasa, not a hot link......just sayin.....a hot link looks more like a hot dog (and not like a Kielbasa).
                        But they are linked. Someone posted "Link?" @WstateU responded with a couple of meat products that are linked. He still has game.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 4, 2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Mmm. Some Earl Campbell hot links sound good right now.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• [QUOTE=shocka khan;724614]
                            Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            [img]https://s

NOW you have done it....I WANT KIELBASA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                                Bets on who leaks it first?

A new conference brethren? Our school? A disgruntled SGA dork? Kellen?
                                Susan Rice? ..... Too soon?

Comment

Working...
                                X