American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
    I think the American logo is located outside of the lane, at least from what I remember.
    I was just going off of where the current "The Valley" logo is....which is in the black of the free throw lane.........just inside of where Tekele would take off to dunk (man I miss that guy!)

Also I hope they keep it white. Don't put any blue or red on that court.

Comment

• It looks like it will likely be outside the lane from the images I'm seeing from other American schools. This seems to be true even if the conference logo previously was in the lane as was the case with Cincy before the BE broke up.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Dang. Thanks Mad H. I really didn't want any blue & red on our court. I'll get over it eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
          Dang. Thanks Mad H. I really didn't want any blue & red on our court. I'll get over it eventually.
          The "A" is team colors on the court for the majority of AAC schools. I would bet our's will be black with a yellow star, which the AAC has already used in all of our promo stuff during the move.

Comment

• 202 more LONG days....

Comment

• Take confort in the fact that the days start getting shorter after June 21. Of course, the nights get longer then.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

202 more LONG days....
                I tho we joined July 1
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Thank you to @Aargh: for the reminder of our time at university, it is our quest for knowledge is never ending.

To that end, please note the following as we pine for the start of another Shocker basketball season.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

"Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, discuss"
                    Please don't share this with Missouri State.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      I tho we joined July 1
                      We do. But Basketball season is 202 long days away. And because of Aargh, at the summer solstice I'll switch to calling them short days.

Comment

We do. But Basketball season is 202 long days away. And because of Aargh, at the summer solstice I'll switch to calling them short days.
                        You aren't going to do this everyday are you, since we already have a Game Countdown?

Comment

• I take comfort in knowing Shocker Volleyball is only about 125 days away and the 1st ever Wichita State vs AAC contest is about 154 days as the AAC era will be ushered in when the Shockers travel to Philadelphia to take on Temple on September 22nd (or so that has been reported).

That always helps pass the time until basketball season in very enjoyable fashion.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 21, 2017, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Shouldn't you wait for the Autumnal Equinox to start calling them short days?
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• SMU - WSU chat

Comment

Another random thought for the off-season: "how Big will the American 'Big A' logo be in the free throw lane at CKA? How's it gonna look? Will it say "American" or just the logo?"

"Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, discuss"
                                Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                                Please don't share this with Missouri State.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X