No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody see any new American tshirts at Tads yet?

Comment

• Is WSU going to have soccer teams? When?
      SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
      gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
        Anybody see any new American tshirts at Tads yet?
        Tad's Locker Room
        (316) 977-9332
        ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Anybody see any new American tshirts at Tads yet?
          Well Sully's got my answer. Won't be until July. https://t.co/bGvgawUV0n

Comment

• The only Shocker gear I own that has a conference logo on it is conference champion stuff. What exactly are you guys looking to buy that has a conference logo integrated into the design?

Comment

• I heard a rumor that this “American” design has been tossed around…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                The only Shocker gear I own that has a conference logo on it is conference champion stuff. What exactly are you guys looking to buy that has a conference logo integrated into the design?
                I was never proud of the conference we were in before. Now I am. It's as simple as that for me.

Comment

I just had lunch with someone in the athletic department. I asked him, "so how's life within the AAC?" He immediately replied, "don't use the term 'AAC'" I asked why not and he explained that they had been doing some research on the conference as a whole and found that the conference wants to be known as "The American" or "The American Conference" but not "AAC." He said many members don't want even the slightest possibility of being confused with the ACC. He also said, "We are The American, we are our own thing." I thought this was really interesting.
                  Branding is so very important for contracts and TV/Internet money. And "The American" is a good brand name.

I had a conversation today about WSU and our new conference. The person I was talking to had a hard time knowing the conference at the start with their saying "aa" or "acc" or "aac" or "aaaa something something" or "a - whatever". I decided to just say "The American". And their attitude completely changed from confusion to 'this is cool'. Just because they had an actual name to hang the idea on.

Odd. But, people really need solid names to connect ideas and opinions to.

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                    Branding is so very important for contracts and TV/Internet money. And "The American" is a good brand name.

I had a conversation today about WSU and our new conference. The person I was talking to had a hard time knowing the conference at the start with their saying "aa" or "acc" or "aac" or "aaaa something something" or "a - whatever". I decided to just say "The American". And their attitude completely changed from confusion to 'this is cool'. Just because they had an actual name to hang the idea on.

Odd. But, people really need solid names to connect ideas and opinions to.
                    I agree. I've never liked saying the term 'AAC'. It just doesn't flow, it sounds like stuttering. 'The American' is nice and bold. Grabs your attention.

Comment

• We're the AMERICANS from the AMERICAN and we're here to MAKE THE AMERICAN GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxHailGGG View Post
                        I agree. I've never liked saying the term 'AAC'. It just doesn't flow, it sounds like stuttering. 'The American' is nice and bold. Grabs your attention.
                        Saying AAC reminds me of the Fred Thompson commercial. He sounded pretty dumb when he kept saying 'AAG'. Sort of the same meme.

Comment

• I'm gonna try it one more time. "American, American, American..."

Comment

I'm gonna try it one more time. "American, American, American..."
                            Dude! That is NSFW. How am I supposed to get an American Babe out of my office without my coworkers noticing now?

Stupid magic words!

Comment

Dude! That is NSFW. How am I supposed to get an American Babe out of my office without my coworkers noticing now?

Stupid magic words!
                              boltforge that sounds like a 1st world country problem.

Comment

Stupid magic words!
                                Napoleon Dynamite???
                                SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                                gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Working...
                                X