American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Is women's mud wrestling an NCAA sport? If not, can we start a trend here?
    I'll throw in the first Benjamin!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      And that is the question that would have to be answered. How and to what extent do the benefits outweigh the costs? If they do it will be added.
      Wichita strongly supported baseball once it became nationally competetive. With the local interest I imagine the same would be true of soccer. Build a nationally competetive program and the people will come.

It might actually end up being a more revenue neutral sport like baseball was.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
        Wichita strongly supported baseball once it became nationally competetive. With the local interest I imagine the same would be true of soccer. Build a nationally competetive program and the people will come.

Sporting KC does very well up there. Obviously that KC and a pro team. But I think there is a market for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post

Who knows. Maybe. Probably should move on as I think we have hijacked the thread. Perhaps start a Should We Add Soccer thread on one of the other forums if there is strong interest in that.

Comment

• Comment

• I have a lot of cases tomorrow. Its going to be hard to concentrate with all the excitement. Be glad I'm not putting YOU to sleep. Haha.
              Professional gas passer.

Comment

• It is done......UNdo All your room reservatioNs In Missouri and bOok yoUr hotelS for mco

Oh, and EO is in ICT, do I get double points

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  http://www.kwch.com/content/news/UCo...418553283.html

Don't know if this was posted. But confirmation that UCONN is on board (the administration at least)
                  Easily the new aka Creighton/ISUr for me. I have always disliked them especially with Calhoun... right up there with NC for me.

Comment

• Oh man! I may have been a patient of yours a couple of years ago. Had two different procedures done.

Comment

• Soccer please not soccer. That's gotta be the most boring sport ever invented.

How about adding beach volleyball. I hear our brothers at Missouri State are adding it.

Comment

• When I was attending WSU we did a feasibility study in my Sport Marketing class on WSU adding football. The results were not good... the Title 9 issues alone almost kill the plausibility of it. In simple terms, title 9 requires you to have the ratio of athletic scholarships handed out to women equal the ratio of women attending the university. If the university is 60% female, then you must provide 60% of your athletic scholarships to women. Division 1 football has 85 scholarships... WSU would have to add women's swimming, soccer, lacross, ice hockey, gymnastics, equestrian, hockey, and water polo just to make up the difference. All sports that would lose money. And that's just the beginning. I'm not even going to get into the crippling finances of football...

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                          Soccer please not soccer. That's gotta be the most boring sport ever invented.

How about adding beach volleyball. I hear our brothers at Missouri State are adding it.
                          Lambo would like to have it I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                            When I was attending WSU we did a feasibility study in my Sport Marketing class on WSU adding football. The results were not good... the Title 9 issues alone almost kill the plausibility of it. In simple terms, title 9 requires you to have the ratio of athletic scholarships handed out to women equal the ratio of women attending the university. If the university is 60% female, then you must provide 60% of your athletic scholarships to women. Division 1 football has 85 scholarships... WSU would have to add women's swimming, soccer, lacross, ice hockey, gymnastics, equestrian, hockey, and water polo just to make up the difference. All sports that would lose money. And that's just the beginning. I'm not even going to get into the crippling finances of football...
                            Just curious. What year was that study conducted?

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                              Soccer please not soccer. That's gotta be the most boring sport ever invented.

I might be able to sit through a soccer game if a priest prescribed it as a penance.

Comment

• NO commie ball should ever be played at wsu. Nobody wants to watch a bunch of girly men running around kicking a ball and crying if they get bumped. How about a real sport like wrestling. Would love to see some boys out there in some tight singlets taking each other down

-Uncle Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X