• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're WSU, do you:

A) celebrate joining the AAC?
    - or -
    B) carry on as if "business as usual"?
    Last edited by Shock Top; April 2, 2017, 10:30 PM.
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      If your WSU, do you:

- or -
      Business in the front, party in the back. Act like we've been here before, smash some mimosas this morning and watch some rap on MTV Classic.

For the record, I am definitely NOT doing that at this very moment.

Comment

If your WSU, do you:

- or -
        I would love to hear the coaches or players perspective but I'm sure it would be something like we respect all our opponents. But I'm sure they are just excited as the fans to start playing bigger schools in bigger cities who invest time, money and support into their athletics.
        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I doN't know that a change in Conference will chaNge all that muCh for Next year's Championship aspirations.
          100% of the time, every time, I forget to include the first capital letter due to it being the first letter in the sentence... sighs.

Comment

If your WSU, do you:

- or -
            If it happens, it is an absolutely historic moment in the history of WSU; a threshold of history that we will look back on as transformational - both athletically and institutionally.

If some want to "act like they've been there before" (in spite of that perspective being factually incorrect) then that's fine with me, but speaking for myself I'm going to be excited as hell - inside and out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              If it happens, it is an absolutely historic moment in the history of WSU; a threshold of history that we will look back on as transformational - both athletically and institutionally.

If some want to "act like they've been there before" (in spite of that perspective being factually incorrect) then that's fine with me, but speaking for myself I'm going to be excited as hell - inside and out.
              I know they will be excited, for sure. Just wondering to what extent the university officially celebrates it. Loud both publicly and privately, or quiet publicly and loud privately?
              The Assman

Comment

I know they will be excited, for sure. Just wondering to what extent the university officially celebrates it. Loud both publicly and privately, or quiet publicly and loud privately?
                It is free, positive, national-level PR for the University. I can't think of a reason why they shouldn't milk it for all it is worth.

Comment

If your WSU, do you:

- or -
                  This move has been presented as being bigger than just athletics. This move has been presented as important to the university as a whole. I agree. Acknowledge, Appreciate, Celebrate.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    Stickboy this is why you are a handful. I haven't ticked off anybody yet so I'm still in the clear.
                    Lucky you!
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• The Valley that once was, is no more, even if WSU is it. Any WSU allegiance owed to the MVC is the MVC of the past. I hope that we are rejoining some of those strong former Valley brothers in the AAC. The Valley that was once known for its strong college basketball, and still was not that many years ago, gave up on that to be FCS relevant.

WSU gave up football and has become, after many years, a strong, nationally know basketball force. The university, as a whole, and Wichita will benefit.

The MVC did not push basketball and has become, outside of their little spaces, not known nationally for football. They are dropping other Olympic sports left and right. Their schools, and the cities closely tied to those schools, will continue to be smaller dots on the map.

Some of them say we were "too big for our britches". I think we have tried, I hope successfully, to continue to earn to wear our britches while they have become to small to wear what britches they use to.

Comment

WSU looking at the Valley and leaving like
                        An Adorable Classic
                        SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                        gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• Another Cincinnati fan here!

Really excited about the possible addition of Wichita State and I am extremely hopeful it is for this upcoming year! The AAC was very down this past season in basketball aside from UC and SMU (who had an exceptional team regardless of their NCAA performance), but I look for teams like Temple and UCF to be much improved with their talented underclassmen gaining another year of development. Connecticut and Memphis are clearly in flux, so the significance of adding WSU cannot be understated from a brand and quality of competition perspective. With what UC and WSU return, I'd imagine they would be co-favorites heading into the season. Can't wait!

Comment

• More details from Paul Suellentrop this afternoon http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...142152734.html

Comment

• I am pretty handy with a needle and thread. When it comes time to take those Valley patches off the uniforms, and replace them with AAC insignia, I will be there. Someone else will have to redo the floor at CKA.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                More details from Paul Suellentrop this afternoon http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...142152734.html
                                The AAC has scheduling models already for a 12 team league? Interesting. Like they've been considering/planning for a while. Makes sense. Im sure they have considered this move fromnevery conceivable angle. It would only be prudent.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X