• Show
Clear All

• Very interesting

Comment

• Yay!!!
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Did anybody else hear Kennedy say it is not "if, but when..."?
        Don't you lay this evil on me. My heart can't take disappointment today.

(Oh please, oh PLEASE)

Comment

• Does anybody else enjoy it as much as I do that UCONN is acting like they need to go to the Big East yet their team sucks absolute balls this year? Just kinda funny.

Might as well start trash talking now since I'm trying to dress for the job I want not the one I have

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
            Does anybody else enjoy it as much as I do that UCONN is acting like they need to go to the Big East yet their team sucks absolute balls this year? Just kinda funny.
            Everything has made it sound like they are one of the main drivers behind adding us. I do find it ironic that UCONN is pissed off about the state of AAC basketball, since they are part of the problem this year, but I'm all for them pushing for us to be in.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              That's literally the scenario I proposed a couple pages back..

Great minds think alike, I suppose! :)
              SHURTZtheHERTZ, That was your scenario, I wasn't claiming it as mine. Only commenting that the West would be made up of either 4 or 5 former MVC schools in this scenario which would be almost like returning home.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                SHURTZtheHERTZ, That was your scenario, I wasn't claiming it as mine. Only commenting that the West would be made up of either 4 or 5 former MVC schools in this scenario which would be almost like returning home.
                Ha! Sorry, I just saw the teams listed and instantly thought how fimilair it appeared.

No harm no foul, my apologies!
                The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Would rather be in the AAC. Don't want to play half our games while most of the country is asleep.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                      Would rather be in the AAC.
                      Much rather. Named teams, some East Coast footprint, and the West division of the AAC would be very advantagous geographically. The Mountain West is going in the same direction as the MVC in basketball, and while still better, they can have fun with their football and watch their basketball die.
                      Last edited by Heinro; March 4, 2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Not that fan forums ultimately matter, but the posters at the MWC forum feel that WSU is below them, and have consitently conveyed that for a long time. They've always been really derogatory towards the idea of football-less WSU joining their conference. Similar vibes as if you suggested the same thing at a B10 or SEC or whatever forum. Like they're big time, and WSU is small time. Considering the dwindling profile of the MWC across the board it would seem to be a strange take, but whatever.

Conversely, the huge majority of posters at the AAC forum are actively rooting for the WSU deal to come through. Strange contrast of emotions between the two fanbases.

Comment

• Sorry if anybody has asked this (the thread is getting too long to check it out)--but BEST possible scenario--how soon could this happen??? I'm sure the AAC Members are meeting during their upcoming tournament. Of course, we don't know if a vote is going to happen anytime soon...but, if they vote us in (and we accept), how soon could we be playing in the AAC and be rid of the Valley? Could it happen next season (2017-2018) or would there be a year delay? I've been a Valley fan for close to 50 years. I've always supported it. But, after the last few years, and especially this season, I am done with it. What's the timeline (hypothetical, of course)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
                            Sorry if anybody has asked this (the thread is getting too long to check it out)--but BEST possible scenario--how soon could this happen??? I'm sure the AAC Members are meeting during their upcoming tournament. Of course, we don't know if a vote is going to happen anytime soon...but, if they vote us in (and we accept), how soon could we be playing in the AAC and be rid of the Valley? Could it happen next season (2017-2018) or would there be a year delay? I've been a Valley fan for close to 50 years. I've always supported it. But, after the last few years, and especially this season, I am done with it. What's the timeline (hypothetical, of course)?
                            The AAC's TV deal is up in 2019. I bet it'd be around then when we made the switch.

Comment

• One last tour so the other coaches can give Gregg parting gifts.
                              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
                                The AAC's TV deal is up in 2019. I bet it'd be around then when we made the switch.
                                If the MVC and AAC both have TV deals with ESPN (I'm too lazy to look it up) - I think it could happen sooner than 2019. There could be some epic match ups with UConn, SMU, Memphis, Tulsa, and others - Every one of those would be a better TV game than anything the MVC has to offer.

Deals are renegotiated all of the time. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X