No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They had 4 NCAA teams this year and Georgetown and Marquette were down. With Gonzaga and us, this league has the potential for 5-7 NCAA tourney teams yearly.

Comment

• 12 would be great for the BE (as long as it included WSU), but I think it would make sense to go up to 14; only because 3-4 schools are "perfect fits".

WSU, VCU, and Dayton are no-brainers.

Battle between SLU and Gonzaga for the 14th slot.

Obviously Gonzaga would be awesome, but would it make sense logistically? If the presidents and Zaga don't mind. Welcome aboard Bulldogs! Otherwise it's the Bilikens that get that last spot.
      The Assman

Comment

• This. Or just WSU and VCU. This would also allow WSU to potentially increase revenue (via TV, post-season $ etc), continue to increase name recognition, and gradually build a football program over time if they wish. All of this should help boost enrollment...isn't that one of Bardo's main objectives?

It may not be the absolute best situation, but I would think they'd take a hard look at it.

Comment

• I would like to be in a conference that has generated an at large team not named Wichita State in the past 10 years.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• You'd have to be out of your mind to not be excited about the possibility of Wichita State being in the Big East.

Comment

• St Louis University is not an exciter in regards to basketball.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I wonder if the members of the mensa/bjcafe society will be calling for AD Rasmussen's job for speaking blasphemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                  This. Or just WSU and VCU. This would also allow WSU to potentially increase revenue (via TV, post-season $ etc), continue to increase name recognition, and gradually build a football program over time if they wish. All of this should help boost enrollment...isn't that one of Bardo's main objectives?

It may not be the absolute best situation, but I would think they'd take a hard look at it.
                  Have to agree that VCU is kinda the no brainer. Adding one more public school (WSU) makes perfect sense.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I wonder if the members of the mensa/bjcafe society will be calling for AD Rasmussen's job for speaking blasphemy.
                    Not yet, they won't be up til noon, and a couple more hours after that until the hangovers ease off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      St Louis University is not an exciter in regards to basketball.
                      SLU is in a much better place than the dregs of the Valley. While they aren't exciting, it would be exciting to be part of a conference where middling teams still aren't a major drop to the RPI.

Oh, and as a St Louis resident, I support as many games in St Louis as possible (even though our track record here is less than stellar).

Comment

I wonder if the members of the mensa/bjcafe society will be calling for AD Rasmussen's job for speaking blasphemy.
                        It did cause a mild uproar - they rationalized it away by saying he was just playing to what he thought Lutz wanted to hear, no way would he every really want WSU in their conference because they are so much better than WSU in all aspects.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          SLU is in a much better place than the dregs of the Valley. While they aren't exciting, it would be exciting to be part of a conference where middling teams still aren't a major drop to the RPI.

Oh, and as a St Louis resident, I support as many games in St Louis as possible (even though our track record here is less than stellar).
                          Well, 250+ teams can claim they are better than the dregs of the Valley. That's a pretty low bar. Saint Louis' RPI this year is lower than DePaul's [laugh track], which is the second worst team in the Big East.

Adding dregs to your conference is not how you bolster a conference. It's how you kill it slowly like the MVC has done.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Oh they have.

They're a really insecure bunch over there. They're probably afraid that they'll continue to slip in the pecking order and be closer to the conference's doormat.

They now think they're the Duke of the Midwest, calling all the shots, as if their status in their newfound glory matters to anybody else. They're at the bottom of the totem pole.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• AAC or bust.
                              Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                Oh they have.

They're a really insecure bunch over there. They're probably afraid that they'll continue to slip in the pecking order and be closer to the conference's doormat.

They now think they're the Duke of the Midwest, calling all the shots, as if their status in their newfound glory matters to anybody else. They're at the bottom of the totem pole.
                                Wow they really are but hurt over at bjunderground. They say our fan base is terrible but have they ever looked at themselves? Talk a lot a bunch of losers.

Comment

Working...
                                X