No announcement yet.

American Athletic Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the BE opens their door to public schools (WSU, VCU), I would not be shocked if there is an inequitable distribution of revenue to offset the advantage private schools believe public schools have in terms of finances and admission standards.

While that would be the most stable conference option, I just don't see them putting out the same size welcome mat for a public school.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      If the BE opens their door to public schools (WSU, VCU), I would not be shocked if there is an inequitable distribution of revenue to offset the advantage private schools believe public schools have in terms of finances and admission standards.

While that would be the most stable conference option, I just don't see them putting out the same size welcome mat for a public school.
      Another consideration is the alignment beyond sports.As Bardo stated, alignment benefits academia as well. How would we be accepted in the "private" BE? I think we'd be fine, but I recognize the perspective I have is as the school that is saying, "Pick me! Pick me!"

Comment

• I definitely wouldn't look down on an invite into the AAC, although admittedly it would be much less attractive without Cincy and UConn. For a little reference, assuming an East/West conference split with a double round robin with your division and a single game each against the other division (and placing Cincy rather than Tulane in the West, which may be a stretch) we would have had 6 top 50 and 10 top 100 conference games based on current RPI, not to mention the built in rivalry with Tulsa. While the Big East dream is definitely attractive (and a dream), and the A-10 geographically just doesn't seem to make sense, I think the AAC becomes a really attractive option for WSU going forward.
        “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart” – Red Auerbach

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          If the BE opens their door to public schools (WSU, VCU), I would not be shocked if there is an inequitable distribution of revenue to offset the advantage private schools believe public schools have in terms of finances and admission standards.

What size welcome mat would they put out for St Louis who is most likely only going to take and not add to the pot?

Comment

• IF the Big East is actually serious about adding the four schools (WSU, VCU, Dayton, SLU), I believe that is the best option.

Granted, football would be an exciting addition (at least initially), but the BE would be a much safer bet.

FS1 or not, you cannot deny that the BE would provide MUCH better basketball in Wichita. (I don't know how other sports will be effected, but I'm sure it' would all work out)
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              IF the Big East is actually serious about adding the four schools (WSU, VCU, Dayton, SLU), I believe that is the best option.
              I agree. And it is interesting to think about the geography at that point. The western Big East would consist of CU, WSU, SLU, Marquette, DePaul, Butler, and Dayton/Xavier, and would be only marginally larger than the MVC's footprint. As far as travel, we would hardly notice a difference for 7 of our 10-11 conference road games.
              Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; March 2, 2016, 03:39 PM. Reason: math is hard
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                I agree. And it is interesting to think about the geography at that point. The western Big East would consist of CU, WSU, SLU, Marquette, DePaul, Dayton, and Butler, and would be only marginally larger than the MVC's footprint. As far as travel, we would hardly notice a difference for 7 of our 10-11 conference road games.
                This doesn't really change your point, but it would be interesting to know whether it would be the schools you listed for whether Xavier would be subbed out for Dayton.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  This doesn't really change your point, but it would be interesting to know whether it would be the schools you listed for whether Xavier would be subbed out for Dayton.
                  Good point. Either of those would be potential western division teams. Fixed original post.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Dayton would be building new division rivals either way (although they would have already been playing St. Louis). Xavier would probably have a very strong desire to continue with the "old guard" it has been playing with for a long time. In the example given, the western would be made up of 3 new schools and 2 that's only been around for a short time. Because of their location, Marquette and DePaul wouldn't have much choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                      I'm dead serious. You might love soccer but I hate it. Matter of opinion.
                      Sure, but why would you deny others the opportunity to participate in a sport that THEY love, because of YOUR preference?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Dayton would be building new division rivals either way (although they would have already been playing St. Louis). Xavier would probably have a very strong desire to continue with the "old guard" it has been playing with for a long time. In the example given, the western would be made up of 3 new schools and 2 that's only been around for a short time. Because of their location, Marquette and DePaul wouldn't have much choice.
                        I don't know that it would make that much difference for Xavier since they have only been in the big east since 2013, having been in the a10 before that.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I don't know that it would make that much difference for Xavier since they have only been in the big east since 2013, having been in the a10 before that.
                          Yes, in that scenario, I wonder if Marquette would make the most fuss as they would get forced to the more 'mid-majorie' west side. They would only get to play Nova, GTown and the more traditional Big East teams once. Perhaps they would have Dayton and Xavier in the west to include Marquette with the traditional eastern schools.

Obviously all dreamworld. However, I love it, sounds beautiful. Even though, with all the complaining about how often we had to play Depaul previously, I'm surprised not one uproar about signing up to play them twice in the same season. No doubt because we would rather it be Depaul than Drake we have to play at least twice a season.

Comment

My big error. :hopelessness:

Comment

• Dayton and Xavier would probably be in separate divisions due to the disliking Xavier has for them.

Comment

• Obviously Creighton is missing us.

Comment

Working...
                                X