No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Don’t be afraid to scrape the paint off and do it again. This is the way you learn, trial and error, over and over, repetition. It pays you great dividends, great, great dividends." -- Bob Ross,
    :cocksure:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Four years ago today

Barack Obama has only four years to save the world. That is the stark assessment of NASA scientist [and snake oil salesman] and leading climate expert Jim Hansen who last week warned only urgent action by the new president could halt the devasting climate change that now threatens Earth, Crucially, that action will have to be taken with Obama's first adminstration, he added -- January 17, 2009
      This just in from the AP [maybe the dumbest headline ever]

Capture.JPG

Comment

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.

John F Kennedy
        :triumphant:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "I want to take a look one more time" —President Obama

:glee:

Comment

• ‎"A peanut butter and water crest sandwich and a glass of milk would have been sufficient enough, Alfred." - Batman, from the 1966 TV show
            :abnormal:

Comment

• “While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.” Leonardo Da Vinci
              :watermelon:

Comment

• It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
                Aristotle

:rugby:
                Last edited by kcshocker11; March 4, 2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• ‎"We are buried beneath the weight of information, which is being confused with knowledge; quantity is being confused with abundance and wealth with happiness. We are monkeys with money and guns." - Tom Waits
                  :abnormal:

Comment

• The best way to know life is to love many things, Vincent Van Gogh
                    :peach:

Comment

• After being married for 50 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said, "Fifty years ago we had a cheap house, a junk car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep with a hot 23-year-old girl every night.

Now, I have a $500,000 home, a $45,000 car, a nice big bed and a large screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 69-year-old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 23-year-old girl and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap house, driving a junk car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10-inch black and white TV.
                      :victorious:

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                        After being married for 50 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day and said, "Fifty years ago we had a cheap house, a junk car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep with a hot 23-year-old girl every night.

Now, I have a $500,000 home, a $45,000 car, a nice big bed and a large screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 69-year-old woman. It seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go out and find a hot 23-year-old girl and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap house, driving a junk car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10-inch black and white TV.
                        Evidently, he's sleeping with a different woman. Otherwise, she'd be 73 years old now and not 69.

Comment

• "Fortune favors the bold."– Virgil
                          :stupid:

Comment

• "Man tries to make for himself in the fashion that suits him best a simplified and intelligible picture of the world; he then tries to some extent to substitute this cosmos of his for the world of experience, and thus to overcome it. This is what the painter, the poet, the speculative philosopher, and the natural scientists do, each in his own fashion. Each makes this cosmos and its construction the pivot of his emotional life, in order to find in this way peace and security which he can not find in the narrow whirlpool of personal experience." Mike Mentzer
                            :kiwi-fruit:

Comment

• An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. M K Gandhi
                              :moon:

Comment

• "I am certain that if we want to bring about peace in the world, there is no other way except that of nonviolence." MK Gandhi
                                :watermelon:

Comment

Working...
                                X