X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living”
    Mother Jones
    :moon:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• As for his long-term future in a state where basketball is huge but where Wichita State will also never usurp the Kansas Jayhawks in terms of fans or interest, Marshall said Thursday: “I have a great job. I could retire there, I hope. … But at the same time, if the right situation ever came along at the right time, I haven’t closed any doors. I listen. But I am very cautious on making moves. … I don’t care if you pay me $5 million a year and I’m getting my brains beat out, I’m not going to be very happy.” HCGM
      :poster_wu:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• “Retreat, hell – we just got here.”

—Capt. Lloyd W. Williams, 5th Marines, Belleau Wood
        :encouragement:

Comment

• "On days like this, there are no Republicans or Democrats, we are united as Americans" -President Obama
          :cry:

Comment

• Dont count the days, make the days count. Mohammad Ali
            :beaten:

Comment

• What happened in Boston is quite simply – unimaginable. On a day when friends and families gathered, traveling from all over the world to celebrate and strive for greatness, an act of terror destroyed lives and shattered a sense of security. But this terrorist, or group of terrorists, whether foreign or domestic, will never succeed in robbing us of our way of life – nor will they escape our system of justice. I extend my deepest sympathies and my prayers to the families and loved ones of all of those killed and injured in this heartless attack. I commend the brave first responders in Boston, and the kind and generous spirit of all of those Bostonians, and others, who rushed to help. They exhibited the true spirit of America. Emanual Cleaver
              :heart-borken:

Comment

• "Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -- A.A. Milne
                :apple:

Comment

• "They failed because the people of Boston refused to be intimidated. They failed because as Americans we refuse to be terrorized."

-President Barack Obama
                  :tiger:

Comment

• "It's a funny thing about life; if you refuse to accept anything but the best, you very often get it." -- W. Somerset Maugham
                    :glee:

Comment

• The words you speak become the house you live in. Hafiz
                      :sentimental:

Comment

• “It is more important that innocence be protected than it is that guilt be punished, for guilt and crimes are so frequent in this world that they cannot all be punished.
                        But if innocence itself is brought to the bar and condemned, perhaps to die, then the citizen will say, “whether I do good or whether I do evil is immaterial, for innocence itself is no protection,” and if such an idea as that were to take hold in the mind of the citizen that would be the end of security whatsoever.”John Adams on why he defended in court the British soldiers in the Boston Massacre
                        :very_drunk:

Comment

• ''But we didn't say, 'Good bye,''' Marshall said. ''We didn't say, 'This is it.' This is just the beginning. This is just a beginning for us. A lot of good players in that locker room, all they're talking about right now is working hard this summer and getting better.''
                          :poster_wu:

Comment

• "Every generation inherits a world it never made; and, as it does so, it automatically becomes the trustee of that world for those who come after. In due course, each generation makes its own accounting to its children." Robert F Kennedy
                            :encouragement:

Comment

• "Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth"

Comment

• "My thoughts turn to all who are unemployed, often as a result of a self-centred mindset bent on profit at any cost."
                                ~~ Pope Francis
                                :apple:

Comment

Working...
                                X