No announcement yet.

Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I am for economy. After that I am for more economy." - President Calvin Coolidge

Comment

• If there is anything to take away from this tragedy, it's the reminder that life
      is very fragile. Our time here is limited and precious. And what matters at the end of the day is not
      the small things; it's not the trivial things, which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately, it's
      how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.

President Barack Obama
      July 20, 2012
      :sorrow:
      Last edited by kcshocker11; July 20, 2012, 11:06 PM.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Every one of my positions cuts - out half the country. I'm pro-choice, I'm pro-gay rights, I'm pro-immigration, I'm against guns, I believe in Darwin.
        Michael Bloomberg

:devilish:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• My fellow Americans, I once asked you for your prayers, and now I give you mine. May God guide this wonderful country, its people and those they have chosen to lead them.
          #38 Gerald R. Ford, State of the Union address, January 12, 1977
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• To make it possible for our children, and for our children’s children, to live in a world of peace. To make this country be more than ever a land of opportunity—of equal opportunity, full opportunity for every American. To provide jobs for all who can work, and generous help for those who cannot work. To establish a climate of decency and civility, in which each person respects the feelings and the dignity and the God-given rights of his neighbor. To make this a land in which each person can dare to dream, can live his dreams—not in fear, but in hope—proud of his community, proud of his country, proud of what America has meant to himself and to the world.
            #37 Richard M. Nixon, Public address, April 30, 1973

Comment

• It's all make believe, isn't it?
              Marilyn Monroe
              :love_heart:

Comment

• "I come to them not so much as president but as a father and a husband," "I confessed to them that words are always inadequate in these kinds of situations, but that my main task was to serve as a representative of the entire country and let them know that we are thinking about them at this moment and will continue to think about them each and every day."
                President Barack Obama
                :grief:

Comment

• When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.
                  Tommy Smothers

:loyal:

Comment

• A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew.
                    Herb Caen

:apple:

Comment

• White collar conservative flashin down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me, they all assume my kind will drop and die, but I'm gonna wave my freak flag high.
                      Jimi Hendrix
                      :afro:

Comment

• If you fail to prepare, you're prepared to fail.
                        Mark Spitz
                        :welcoming:

Comment

• The men who have guided the destiny of the United States have found the strength for their tasks by going to their knees. This private unity of public men and their God is an enduring source of reassurance for the people of America.
                          #36 Lyndon B. Johnson, date unknown

I will do my best. That is all I can do. I ask for your help - and God's.
                          #36 Lyndon B. Johnson, Andrews Air Force Base, November 22, 1963

Comment

• Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.
                            Bernard Baruch
                            :strawberry:

Comment

• “But I should tell you honestly that this administration under President Obama is doing, in regard to our security, more than anything that I can remember in the past.”

Ehud Barak , Israel's current defense minister & former prime minister
                              :good:

Comment

• Capture.JPG:good:

Comment

Working...
                                X