Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
    http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-s-dot-concern
    She wrote that “the government’s overall concern is related to the low number of targeted Wichita personnel offered positions in San Antonio” and to having too-few workers in the Texas city who meet the standards for Air Force One maintenance. “It’s anticipated” Boeing won’t be able to fulfill contract requirements “in the area of experienced personnel,” according to Wright’s letter.
    Screw the government. The stuff that was done in Wichita can be done anywhere where you have the proper maintenance personnel and Boeing San Antonio is well staffed for that anyway - that is why VC25/VIP-SAM contract is probably being moved there in the first place because it most cost effective.

The real root of the issue is not experience, it really about travel time for the government program office people that oversees the VC25 program. See they were encouraging Boeing to move operations out of Wichita - because they thought it would all be moved to Oklahoma City and they would no longer have to do their 3 hour drive to Wichita for design reviews, program briefings and status updates. Now when reality sits in that Boeing is going to have to go to San Antonio and that means 8 hours drives they are now whining and complaining because they can't just drive up to Wichita early in the morning and be back in their beds that evening.

Comment

• The backseat produced the sexual revolution.
      Jerry Rubin
      :afro:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        lol not even close
        Sorry to burst your bubble.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
          KSU veterinary science dept needs to do a better job of screening their staff applicants. http://www.kansas.com/2012/09/14/248...challenge.html
          I was thinking the same of WSU.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• “There is no question that if one were to ask whether we Americans are moving towards more liberty or more government control over our lives, the answer would unambiguously be the latter – more government control over our lives. We might have reached a point where the trend is irreversible and that is a true tragedy for if liberty is lost in America, it will be lost for all times and all places.”
            ----Walter Williams

Comment

• Anyone who knows history, particularly the history of Europe, will, I think, recognize that the domination of education or of government by any one particular religious faith is never a happy arrangement for the people.
              Eleanor Roosevelt
              :peaceful:
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• We don't accomplish anything in this world alone... and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one's life and all the weavings of individual threads form one to another that creates something.
                Sandra Day O'Connor
                :rugby:

Comment

• Men have looked upon the desert as barren land, the free holding of whoever chose; but in fact each hill and valley in it had a man who was its acknowledged owner and would quickly assert the right of his family or clan to it, against aggression.
                  T. E. Lawrence
                  :strawberry:

Comment

• On College Cheerleaders - "The stuff they do on HARD WOOD, it blows my mind"
                    ----Jumping Joe Biden

Comment

• You're looking at a middle-class guy. I am who I am.
                      Joe Biden
                      :dog:

Comment

• These are bagpipes. I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equalled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig.
                        Alfred Hitchcock
                        :tan:

Comment

• “To the progressive mind, the very concept of ‘the enemy’ is obsolescent: there are no enemies, just friends whose grievances we haven’t yet accommodated.”

-----Mark Steyn

Comment

• Liberals like using government to solve problems in OUR country and conservatives are using our government to solve problems in OTHER countries.
                            Matthew Lesko
                            :victorious:

Comment

• “Once we realize that government doesn’t work, we’ll know that the only way to improve government is by reducing its size – by doing away with laws, by getting rid of programs, by making government spend and tax less, by reducing government as far as we can.”
                              ---- Harry Browne

Comment

• ‎"Having covered Watergate and the impeachment of Richard Nixon, and more recently written a biography of Nixon, I believe that the wrongdoing we are seeing in this election is more menacing even than what went on then. Watergate was a struggle over the Constitutional powers and accountability of a president, and, alarmingly, the president and his aides attempted to interfere with the nominating process of the opposition party. But the current voting rights issue is even more serious: it’s a coordinated attempt by a political party to fix the result of a presidential election by restricting the opportunities of members of the opposition party’s constituency—most notably blacks—to exercise a Constitutional right. This is the worst thing that has happened to our democratic election system since the late nineteenth century, when legislatures in southern states systematically negated the voting rights blacks had won in the Fifteenth Amendment to the Constitution." ~~Elizabeth Drew
                                :afro:

Comment

Working...
                                X