Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Your question was put to an interpreter who was being interviewed. Basically, the question was put to him by playing a video of Biden saying that the Afghans didn't want to fight and refused to fight when the Americans left. This Afghan interpreter (and his family, father, brothers, etc.) have a long history of fighting alongside the United States troops, and are very loyal (I might add that he speaks very clear English too) to the cause. They all fought against the Taliban, hoping for freedoms for their people and their family, including their sisters.

He answered this question (very quickly because he only had a minute or so), by saying that Afghanistan has a long history of not having strong leaders within this movement. Their President/Central Government had weak leadership, and so did their military. When the U.S. military was fighting with them, they had strong morale, felt strong, and their troops were willing to fight. However, when the U.S. totally left, their weak leadership showed up, their Central Government leaders fled, and so did their military leaders. Maybe not a sufficient answer, but the interviewer was a former Marine who had worked with this interpreter and had a relationship with him, and his family. The U.S. Marine vouched for this willingness of this young man to "fight" for the cause, and he considered him a brother. The interpreter went on to say that his family and many other families just like his had done their fair share of fighting, and proven themselves to be worthy of not being left behind. The interpreter was currently out of Afghanistan but his family was in danger, and he was contemplating finding a way to get back in to Afghanistan to find a way to help his family get out safely.

Strong leadership is so important to the success of any country, any military, and any government. I am concerned about our current leaders, and American's willingness to fight. I'm not sure it will happen in the future.
    If guys like him made up a significant force, there might be a chance. But that's not the case, I'm afraid.

And yes, there are no leaders.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      Lucas Tomlinson @LucasFoxNews

BREAKING: U.S. embassy Kabul warns of "potential security threats" outside Kabul airport. "We are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time."
      But I though they just need to wave their passport.

Comment

• Why do we even have a VP at this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

If guys like him made up a significant force, there might be a chance. But that's not the case, I'm afraid.

And yes, there are no leaders.
          That will be Biden talking points. He will blame everyone else. I think people can disagree on some points of Afghanistan, but to give Biden a way out by allowing him to blame Trump, and Afghan fighters, when our Allies (NATO) are all blaming Biden, and he left British, French, Australian, German, and U.S. citizens in Afghanistan to fend for themselves is unacceptable. The U.S. was attacked on 9/11 and Great Britain, France, Germany, and Australia all have sent troops, even though they weren’t attacked, and Biden has evacuated American troops with no escape for all of the citizens of ALL of these countries. We had commitments to all of these countries, and Biden and Blinken from his State Department have botched everything and there is going to be blood on Biden and Blinken’s hands. To think we can negotiate with the Taliban to mitigate this catastrophe is impossible and unacceptable.

Comment

That will be Biden talking points. He will blame everyone else. I think people can disagree on some points of Afghanistan, but to give Biden a way out by allowing him to blame Trump, and Afghan fighters, when our Allies (NATO) are all blaming Biden, and he left British, French, Australian, German, and U.S. citizens in Afghanistan to fend for themselves is unacceptable. The U.S. was attacked on 9/11 and Great Britain, France, Germany, and Australia all have sent troops, even though they weren’t attacked, and Biden has evacuated American troops with no escape for all of the citizens of ALL of these countries. We had commitments to all of these countries, and Biden and Blinken from his State Department have botched everything and there is going to be blood on Biden and Blinken’s hands. To think we can negotiate with the Taliban to mitigate this catastrophe is impossible and unacceptable.
            I'm not giving Biden a pass. We screwed the pooch. But my point is that if the people of Afghanistan, a majority, really want the Taliban gone, they have to kill it. And I have seen nothing since we've been there to convince me that the Taliban are worth fighting to most of the people of that country. For a host of reasons. Shared religion being #1, 2 and 3.

Biden is a dumbass and it wouldn't surprise me if China bribed some U.S. officials to get this done.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Shared religion being #1, 2 and 3.
              Christians are a minority in Afghanistan, but there are more than you think. However, they and many non Taliban Muslims aren’t as ruthless.

i read an article if a US interpreter, who was caught. The Taliban cut off his arms, killed him and his family, and kept his 10 year old sister to be a sex slave.

Comment

I'm not giving Biden a pass. We screwed the pooch. But my point is that if the people of Afghanistan, a majority, really want the Taliban gone, they have to kill it. And I have seen nothing since we've been there to convince me that the Taliban are worth fighting to most of the people of that country. For a host of reasons. Shared religion being #1, 2 and 3.

Biden is a dumbass and it wouldn't surprise me if China bribed some U.S. officials to get this done.
                I believe that early in the pullout of US troops, the Taliban immediately made a big push and the Afghanistan troops made strong attempts to hold them. Then there was a group of troops who ran out of ammunition and surrendered to the Taliban.....many were assassinated. That sent a strong message to all Afghani troops. You fight us, we take no prisoners. The Taliban push immediately went into high gear. Where was the air support to try and hold the Taliban back and give more help until at least the pullout of US, European, and Afghan supporters were out. Maybe I'm wrong?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe that early in the pullout of US troops, the Taliban immediately made a big push and the Afghanistan troops made strong attempts to hold them. Then there was a group of troops who ran out of ammunition and surrendered to the Taliban.....many were assassinated. That sent a strong message to all Afghani troops. You fight us, we take no prisoners. The Taliban push immediately went into high gear. Where was the air support to try and hold the Taliban back and give more help until at least the pullout of US, European, and Afghan supporters were out. Maybe I'm wrong?
                  Air support? Biden closed the air base two months ago

Comment

• Tony Blair has launched a furious attack on Joe Biden's "imbecilic" withdrawal from Afghanistan, as the airport at the centre of evacuation efforts was forced to shut on Saturday amid horrific scenes.

Tony Blair is pist

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

That, in a nutshell is why we lose wars. We can't win a war that involves total vanquishing of an enemy through death. The Taliban, every last one of them needs to meet their demise. The U.S. has no stomach for that. We don't live by that culture. The Taliban doesn't abide by our Western values of life, forgiveness, mercy, freedom, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Air support? Biden closed the air base two months ago
                        Like I said. Just because Biden did it ass-backwards, doesn't mean what I said was wrong.

Comment

That, in a nutshell is why we lose wars. We can't win a war that involves total vanquishing of an enemy through death. The Taliban, every last one of them needs to meet their demise. The U.S. has no stomach for that. We don't live by that culture. The Taliban doesn't abide by our Western values of life, forgiveness, mercy, freedom, etc.
                          Exactly. Changing tacks for a moment....regarding the weaponry that the Taliban now has, is it surprising to anyone else that at least our mechanized (PAVs, planes, drones etc) don't have some kind of high level kill switches? Like we can't turn off any blackhawk anytime we want? Because I want to see that tweet when a dozen towel heads are celebrating flying their new toy and we cut power at about 1000 feet.

Comment

•  

Comment

• https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...e-said-he-was/

"Biden is a hollow man, incapable of managing a picnic, let alone a war."

my goodness

Comment

Christians are a minority in Afghanistan, but there are more than you think. However, they and many non Taliban Muslims aren’t as ruthless.

i read an article if a US interpreter, who was caught. The Taliban cut off his arms, killed him and his family, and kept his 10 year old sister to be a sex slave.
                                They also burned his DOD ID into his chest
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X