Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs said that WE "don't have that capability." Hell, THE ****ING FRENCH ARE DOING IT
    Military leadership has proven to be incompetent.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Military leadership has proven to be incompetent.
      But they understand white rage.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• ‘I trust the science’

’I trust the taliban’

Therefore, Consensus of the experts I choose as credible will guide me.

-Joe Biden
        Last edited by shocktown; August 20, 2021, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Robert J. O'Neill

@mchooyah
          ·
          4h
          Brits, French and German troops are getting their people out. Please grab some of our folks. The United States doesn’t have the stones.

Comment

• I read on the BBC that one of the UK ministers had a similarly inexcusable failure to communicate to their people in Afghanistan.

Incompetence abounds!

Comment

• "The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy."

-Dave Berry

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                "The Democrats seem to be basically nicer people, but they have demonstrated time and again that they have the management skills of celery. They're the kind of people who'd stop to help you change a flat, but would somehow manage to set your car on fire. I would be reluctant to entrust them with a Cuisinart, let alone the economy."

-Dave Berry
                Pretty funny!

When it comes to “a flat tire” or any other difficulty; I’ve always thought that “conservative” folks will make sure you have all the tools you need to be successful whereas “leftist” folks will make sure you have all the emotional support you need to get through the trauma.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Pretty funny!

When it comes to “a flat tire” or any other difficulty; I’ve always thought that “conservative” folks will make sure you have all the tools you need to be successful whereas “leftist” folks will make sure you have all the emotional support you need to get through the trauma.
                  It’s the difference between having read about things and having lived it.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                  Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• It's painful to watch the President take and answer questions. It is SO scripted. Why was the VP there today? Just to prove she's alive? Masked the entire time (that I saw) maybe it's not even her?

His comments weren't awful, but what in the holy eff was he talking about when he said he wasn't hearing other governments condemn our actions, even quite the opposite?? Are you serious Joe?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      It's painful to watch the President take and answer questions. It is SO scripted. Why was the VP there today? Just to prove she's alive? Masked the entire time (that I saw) maybe it's not even her?

His comments weren't awful, but what in the holy eff was he talking about when he said he wasn't hearing other governments condemn our actions, even quite the opposite?? Are you serious Joe?
                      I just don't think he knows

Comment

• I'd guess they don't let him know what's actually going on
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          It's painful to watch the President take and answer questions. It is SO scripted. Why was the VP there today? Just to prove she's alive? Masked the entire time (that I saw) maybe it's not even her?

She was in Alaska headed to Singapore at some point today
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Lucas Tomlinson @LucasFoxNews

BREAKING: U.S. embassy Kabul warns of "potential security threats" outside Kabul airport. "We are advising U.S. citizens to avoid traveling to the airport and to avoid airport gates at this time."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Here's my thing though.

YOU (the Afghans) HAD 20 EFFING YEARS!!!! The U.S. was there, for 20 YEARS!!! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL EFF else do you want? This majority of the country can't fight? No will to fight? What is it? So, either the majority is fine with the Taliban, or they aren't willing to fight them. Either way, they had 20 years to get their **** together under the protection of the U.S. And still, there didn't ever really seem to be a strong majority of the country willing to be a wall against Taliban push.

You don't take over a country that fast unless you are invading France. I don't mean to be so blunt, or inconsiderate, and I feel awful for the people of that country, but it's all they know. It's a culture thing that we in the West will never understand and foolish to try and turn them into a Westernized region.
                              Your question was put to an interpreter who was being interviewed. Basically, the question was put to him by playing a video of Biden saying that the Afghans didn't want to fight and refused to fight when the Americans left. This Afghan interpreter (and his family, father, brothers, etc.) have a long history of fighting alongside the United States troops, and are very loyal (I might add that he speaks very clear English too) to the cause. They all fought against the Taliban, hoping for freedoms for their people and their family, including their sisters.

He answered this question (very quickly because he only had a minute or so), by saying that Afghanistan has a long history of not having strong leaders within this movement. Their President/Central Government had weak leadership, and so did their military. When the U.S. military was fighting with them, they had strong morale, felt strong, and their troops were willing to fight. However, when the U.S. totally left, their weak leadership showed up, their Central Government leaders fled, and so did their military leaders. Maybe not a sufficient answer, but the interviewer was a former Marine who had worked with this interpreter and had a relationship with him, and his family. The U.S. Marine vouched for this willingness of this young man to "fight" for the cause, and he considered him a brother. The interpreter went on to say that his family and many other families just like his had done their fair share of fighting, and proven themselves to be worthy of not being left behind. The interpreter was currently out of Afghanistan but his family was in danger, and he was contemplating finding a way to get back in to Afghanistan to find a way to help his family get out safely.

Strong leadership is so important to the success of any country, any military, and any government. I am concerned about our current leaders, and American's willingness to fight. I'm not sure it will happen in the future.

Comment

• a couple hundred.............

Comment

Working...
                                X