• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'd like to know the truth about pumping. I've heard this administration claim the pumpers don't want to pump and I've heard pumpers say they either can't pump or it's not feasible.

Someone is telling the truth and someone is lying...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          I'd like to know the truth about pumping. I've heard this administration claim the pumpers don't want to pump and I've heard pumpers say they either can't pump or it's not feasible.

Most plausible to me seems to be that the pumpers feel it isn't feasible to pump when there is no pipeline open to move the substance that is pumped efficiently. And there is no pipeline open because our Dufus in Chief has his head up his a$$.

Comment

• Changing subjects...can someone smarter than me explain why it makes any sense to be negotiating a nuclear deal with Iran AND FREAKING RUSSIA right now? How the hell does that work?

It's like trying to negotiate a deal with a bully as he's smashing another kid's head into a locker. Again, someone please enlighten me. No sarcasm.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Most plausible to me seems to be that the pumpers feel it isn't feasible to pump when there is no pipeline open to move the substance that is pumped efficiently. And there is no pipeline open because our Dufus in Chief has his head up his a$$.
              Its more complicated. Domestic oil companies drill when prices are high and import when prices are low. They also strategically plan based on future ability. If leases are canceled today, that is capacity that won't be needed for over a decade. To counteract the reduction in future drilling options, oil companies scale back domestic drilling in order to stretch future capacity. We now have a strange situation where prices are high, yet domestic production isn't increasing because Shell and others don't know where they will be able to drill in 15 years. They are protecting their future capacity.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I'd like to know the truth about pumping. I've heard this administration claim the pumpers don't want to pump and I've heard pumpers say they either can't pump or it's not feasible.

They are absolutely lying. We are pumping our asses off.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Oil doesn't only move in pipes, it's transported in trucks, trains, and ships quite well.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Oil doesn't only move in pipes, it's transported in trucks, trains, and ships quite well.
                    Sort of. Oil moves in trucks, trains and pipelines. Gasoline is also transported in trucks, train and pipelines.

Dollar gasoline makes everyone happy. That is, except the unemployed welders and roughnecks. Cheap gas means no jobs for oil workers. On the other hand, $4.00 gas cripples everyone.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Natural gas is the cleanest, cheapest, and most abundant. It moves in pipelines. It's complicated, but it can be converted to liquid, LNG could be shipped overseas and the technology exists, but regulation is a biotch.

Comment

• Montana Petroleum has announced they're restarting some dormant wells
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I like the idea of green energy but I disagree with how we’ve approached it.

1. Cost — generally speaking way too expensive from a consumer perspective. Outside of a smart thermostat rebate and bs like that, why not give a credit for purchase of an EV? The government wants people to be getting rid of their gas car for what is typically a much more expensive EV.

2. Fear Mongering— It has to stop. Just like covid. Is climate change real? I’m sure it is to some extent. Do we need people screaming we’re all going be dead in 20 years? Come on now…

3. Unity—are countries like China and India doing anything significant because this sure as hell isn’t going to work if they aren’t all-in.

4. Banning and restricting/threatening to kill fossil fuels by year 20XX— Totally the wrong approach. See number 1.

Comment

I like the idea of green energy but I disagree with how we’ve approached it.

1. Cost — generally speaking way too expensive from a consumer perspective. Outside of a smart thermostat rebate and bs like that, why not give a credit for purchase of an EV? The government wants people to be getting rid of their gas car for what is typically a much more expensive EV.

2. Fear Mongering— It has to stop. Just like covid. Is climate change real? I’m sure it is to some extent. Do we need people screaming we’re all going be dead in 20 years? Come on now…

3. Unity—are countries like China and India doing anything significant because this sure as hell isn’t going to work if they aren’t all-in.

4. Banning and restricting/threatening to kill fossil fuels by year 20XX— Totally the wrong approach. See number 1.
                            As I've often said we should have an all of the above approach to energy. Rely mostly on fossil fuels to keep costs down while you develop more green energy.

Stop throwing up roadblock after roadblock on nuclear. Allowing more nuclear would allow us to cut back on fossil fuels for everyday energy.

Utilize wind, solar, hydro, thermo where it makes sense and keep developing and improving them to be better. Solar works well on smaller/individual levels and things like wind could potentially be combined with other things to help move in such directions.

As far as transportation, let the private sector figure it out. I'm not opposed to EVs but they aren't going to work for everyone as it is now. But there are companies working to better the batteries used to extend the distances that can be traveled on a charge. We also need more charging stations to be beneficial, but even then the time to charge is too long and I'm not sure if there's a way around that. I know there has also been some work done in the past trying to use some sort of hydrogen powered engine that showed promise, but I haven't heard much about that in a while.

But the left is all in on one area and says **** the rest, which in turn translates to **** the people because the majority can't afford their extreme views on energy.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

My sex life in a nutshell...

Comment

• This headline seems like it's an insult at first until you read the story :)

Fossilized vampire squid named after Biden - https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...ed-after-biden

A vampire squid that died more than 300 million years ago has been named after President Biden by a group of paleontologists who discovered the new species, The Guardian reported.

The fossilized vampire squid was originally unearthed in 1988 in Montana and then donated to the Royal Museum in Canada. According to The Guardian, it sat untouched in a drawer for years until a scientist decided to give it a more thorough inspection.

The Syllipsimopodi bideni fossil has been described as "incredibly rare," and it seems to have been very well preserved, with the squid’s arms, small suckers and even an ink sac still preserved in the rock.

The researchers decided to name the fossilized sea creature after the president because they were "encouraged by his plans to address climate change and to fund scientific research," The Guardian reported.

The squid is believed to have ventured across oceans about 328 million years ago and is also thought to be the oldest known ancestor of a group of species that includes vampire squids and octopi, called vampyropods.

Syllipsimopodi bideni is not the first species to be named after a president. Former President Obama had nine species in total named after him, while former President Trump had a moth and a wormlike creature named after him.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X