Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Put your faith in Joe!

I'm changing my opinion on outdoor restaurants now too btw. I have a friend that got infected at a lake party. A whole bunch of them did. And several of them never went indoors with anybody. While you are likely safe from aerosols outdoors, people can still "spit in your mouth" which is essentially how people have traditionally gotten sick. Droplets that get in your mouth, nose, eyes by way of spray, or it getting on your hands and then you rubbing your face. So if you're outdoors and sitting close to a group drinking and chatting all night long, you absolutely can infect everybody at that table. It sucks, but it's science. People eating outdoors need to be 6 feet apart. How are they gonna manage that?

This isn't alien, this is just virus 101.

I'm so tired of it all.
    Outdoor dining spreading Covid is not science. LA county was given four weeks by a court to provide the scientific evidence. They stated they had 6 studies but have yet to provide that evidence to the court. There is no legitimate scientific evidence outdoor dining causes huge spread of Covid. It’s bullshit. Nobody believes them anymore because they don’t provide their scientific evidence. They just say it’s science so we’re supposed to believe. I’m no sucker. I need proof.

A judge on Wednesday ordered Los Angeles County public health officials to show scientific evidence justifying the outdoor dining ban imposed last week amid soaring coronavirus cases.

Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; December 8, 2020, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Yes! This is the issue. Government routinely picks winners and losers through regulation. It is quite transparent in Covid who the losers are. This is not normally the case.
      Exactly. Arbitrary rules being applied inconsistently without scientific proof. Meanwhile these politicians get to keep lining their pockets and jettsetting wherever and dining out and hobknobbing.

Comment

Tucker hosts an opinion show.
        Don't look now, but my comment was directed at some of your fellow travelers, who seem to be quite interested in all the misinformation Tucker puts out on a daily basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I’m not sure why anyone would make fun of someone catching the insidious alien virus, regardless of what side of the aisle they’re on.
          I think it's extremely ironic that this pandemic seems to wreak havoc on everything that Trump tries to do, in spite of all his attempts to ignore it. For instance, not a mask in sight amongst his closest advisors.

Another result of Giuliani getting sick is a shutdown of the Arizona legislature (due to being exposed by Giuliani after his testimony there last week) at the exact time Trump was pushing them to overturn the election results. An unprotected single point of failure waiting to happen, that's what this is. From where I stand, Trump is not a good executive. A good executive would conserve resources in order to maximize his opportunity of success and employ tactics to manage around single points of failure. And don't even ask me about his leadership during this pandemic.

Why doesn't Trump care about keeping his people safe? He should understand that if people don't follow CDC guidelines they are going to get sick, but there he goes again, holding a maskless Christmas party for hundreds of guests at the White House.

And while we are on the subject, I'm a little surprised you would tell me that it's wrong to bring this up as a topic, I have you tabbed (based on your posts) as a Covid denier. I will ask the question again. If Herman was still here with us, WWHD? Would he wear a mask? Would he volunteer (again) to be a sacrificial prop? I'm guessing if he were here, he would be telling us to wear a mask.

BTW, what's the positivity rate in India today? Our Medical Director hasn't given us an update lately (or maybe I missed it because of my work load).

P.S. Please stay safe, no matter how you feel about this virus.
          Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; December 8, 2020, 06:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Don't look now, but my comment was directed at some of your fellow travelers, who seem to be quite interested in all the misinformation Tucker puts out on a daily basis.
            Like any opinion show, Tucker states facts and then gives his take. That’s not misinformation despite what anyone wants to call it.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Bernie blames dems for holding up stimulus bill:

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., on Monday criticized Democratic leaders for getting behind a smaller $908 billion coronavirus relief package after rejecting a $1.8 trillion proposal from President Trump in October.

CNN host Jake Tapper asked the senator whether it was a mistake for Democrats to walk away from the White House's $1.8 trillion bill, which likely would have included $1,200 direct payments to all Americans, when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was proposing a $2.2 trillion bill at the time.

Sanders said, "That's right. ... That's what I'm saying."

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Outdoor dining spreading Covid is not science. LA county was given four weeks by a court to provide the scientific evidence. They stated they had 6 studies but have yet to provide that evidence to the court. There is no legitimate scientific evidence outdoor dining causes huge spread of Covid. It’s bullshit. Nobody believes them anymore because they don’t provide their scientific evidence. They just say it’s science so we’re supposed to believe. I’m no sucker. I need proof.

A judge on Wednesday ordered Los Angeles County public health officials to show scientific evidence justifying the outdoor dining ban imposed last week amid soaring coronavirus cases.

Well, infection by respiratory droplet is science and if you are seated less than 6 ft. from someone, and particularly if you are facing them square on, you will receive their invisible spittle on your face, in your mouth and in your eyes.

There are tons of articles discussing how airborne infection occurs. Most will recommend folks to meet outdoors rather than indoors. This is a trade-off with the best advice and what the common citizen will accept. The best advice is for everyone to lock themselves in their homes for 8 weeks until the hospitals are empty and then resume life normally. Nobody is going to do that outside of China. So people are encouraged to meet outdoors instead of indoors. Even that advice wasn't followed anywhere. The reality is you can absolutely get infected outdoors, but if you add social distancing and time to the equation, you are VERY safe compared to meeting people inside a restaurant, bar, church, etc. Outdoors will take most of the aerosol risk away UNLESS you are meeting in large groups of people. Large outdoor groups require masks as concentrations of virus can certainly build - particularly if the air is still. They randomly tested the air in front of a hospital and department store in China and were able to register Coronavirus.

So, eating outdoors is vastly safer than eating indoors, but in the context of a severe outbreak w/ hospitals strained, probably not safe enough. They say that 75% of Covid infections are being spread by asymptomatics. Those people are everywhere and cannot be identified. If you are sitting closely with an asymptomatic, for a period of time, indoors or out, you are going to get exposed.

I have a highly credible account of a big super-spreader event that started at an outdoor lake party. People were standing in groups, drinking and chatting. Some were on boats together. People that spent any time of consequence with "patient zero", got the bug. And she got it from her kid who came home from college for the weekend "with a cold".

Comment

Like any opinion show, Tucker states facts and then gives his take. That’s not misinformation despite what anyone wants to call it.
                  It's misinformation if he knows what he says to be untrue when he says it. And if Tucker has an IQ above 75, some of the **** he is saying is not his sincere opinion. I don't think he's doing it to harm people, he's simply giving the Trumpers what they want... food to feed their delusion. His job is to bring the ratings. And he doesn't always get to pick his own topics, that's for sure.

Comment

I think it's extremely ironic that this pandemic seems to wreak havoc on everything that Trump tries to do, in spite of all his attempts to ignore it. For instance, not a mask in sight amongst his closest advisors.

Another result of Giuliani getting sick is a shutdown of the Arizona legislature (due to being exposed by Giuliani after his testimony there last week) at the exact time Trump was pushing them to overturn the election results. An unprotected single point of failure waiting to happen, that's what this is. From where I stand, Trump is not a good executive. A good executive would conserve resources in order to maximize his opportunity of success and employ tactics to manage around single points of failure. And don't even ask me about his leadership during this pandemic.

Why doesn't Trump care about keeping his people safe? He should understand that if people don't follow CDC guidelines they are going to get sick, but there he goes again, holding a maskless Christmas party for hundreds of guests at the White House.

And while we are on the subject, I'm a little surprised you would tell me that it's wrong to bring this up as a topic, I have you tabbed (based on your posts) as a Covid denier. I will ask the question again. If Herman was still here with us, WWHD? Would he wear a mask? Would he volunteer (again) to be a sacrificial prop? I'm guessing if he were here, he would be telling us to wear a mask.

BTW, what's the positivity rate in India today? Our Medical Director hasn't given us an update lately (or maybe I missed it because of my work load).

P.S. Please stay safe, no matter how you feel about this virus.
                    That's the understatement of the year.

Great post btw. Your instrument is calibrated well.

Comment

• The secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development says in a Facebook post that he credits monoclonal antibody treatments with helping him recover from COVID-19.

Ben Carson, secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development, took to Facebook on Friday to report he has been "extremely sick" with the coronavirus. But Carson, one of several individuals in the Trump administration who recently contracted the virus, said the worst is behind him.

Carson said his initial symptoms were light, but then he became "desperately ill," and noted that he has "several co-morbidities" that played a role.

"President Trump was following my condition and cleared me for the monoclonal antibody therapy that he had previously received, which I am convinced saved my life," Carson wrote. He said he is now "out of the woods."

In October, Trump credited his recovery to antibody treatments from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
                      I don't know how many are aware of this, but Dr. Carson almost died from Covid. Lucky he has friends in high places no?

Had Trump and Dr. Carson not had access to monoclonal therapy they might not be with us right now. Superior genetics... right Mr. President.

Comment

• co-morbidities...

Comment

From where I stand, Trump is not a good executive.
                          One of the greatest executives of our lifetime put on a veritable masterclass of executing vision against the greatest of odds, and you completely missed that entire bright moment of history due to myopic political bias. I don't blame you really; you were led by the strings of your puppet masters, but man what a show you missed.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

One of the greatest executives of our lifetime put on a veritable masterclass of executing vision against the greatest of odds, and you completely missed that entire bright moment of history due to myopic political bias. I don't blame you really; you were led by the strings of your puppet masters, but man what a show you missed.
                            Indeed. Literally one of the most masterful leadership executions in four years given the immense obstacles he faced from a group of left wing batshit crazy mouth frothing TDS groups in history. I guess leadership to him is not accomplishing anything in 8 years and saying you will just fake a disease and resign if you have a disagreement with your VP. Sh!t the Bed Joe at it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              co-morbidities...
                              The point of the comment is... that therapy is not available to the general public. How great it must be to be a part of the political elite. Nothing like having a Sikorsky Sea King at your disposal so you can make a quick trip to Walter Reed and take advantage of the latest and publicly unavailable treatments, then go out and tell everybody the virus is nothing to be afraid of... literally the mind and manners of a child.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Indeed. Literally one of the most masterful leadership executions in four years given the immense obstacles he faced from a group of left wing batshit crazy mouth frothing TDS groups in history. I guess leadership to him is not accomplishing anything in 8 years and saying you will just fake a disease and resign if you have a disagreement with your VP. Sh!t the Bed Joe at it again.
                                I used to believe like you guys, but I did so always with one eye open. To overlook some of his suspicious behavior over the last 4 years would be to leave oneself vulnerable to "the slaughter". He finally gave me a clear signal that he wasn't a serious/competent person and I was able to break away. But I did so with great discomfort. Remaining with the herd and tumbling over the cliff is not a bad alternative to standing alone, identifying with no party. So much isolation for CB in 2020. :(

His accomplishments were mostly luck of the draw (SCOTUS vacancies), a close working relationship with McConnell loading up the circuits, and executive orders. He failed on the wall (even when he had a super majority) - which in all honesty, is a mostly symbolic solution; he failed on Obamacare (my personal biggest issue), and he absolutely **** the bed on Covid like no other president before him has ****. I mean, this rivals Vietnam.

The interesting thing about my perspective on Trump is that when I was able to break away, I achieved a greater level of clarity on his presidency that I thought was possible. I had been making major excuses for his behavior. Pressure from my friends and family kept me in the fold and slightly anesthetized to reality. I had lost sight of land. In that respect, I am grateful for my current standing today. Yet I am also sad for the lost opportunity. It was our moment to show the nation (and the world) what kind of "Utopia" WE could create with freedom instead of handouts. With the divisive clown in office attracting every measure of attack imaginable from the opposition, the dream was over before it began. Every "accomplishment" was a "Trump accomplishment" and a troll at the same time. And you know what happens to trolls... they get banned.

I hope someday we get another chance to put a great conservative in the White House. And I hope he is a uniter instead of a divider and brings peace, prosperity, and OUR vision of the American Dream back to the forefront.

Comment

Working...
                                X