Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The point of the comment is... that therapy is not available to the general public. How great it must be to be a part of the political elite. Nothing like having a Sikorsky Sea King at your disposal so you can make a quick trip to Walter Reed and take advantage of the latest and publicly unavailable treatments, then go out and tell everybody the virus is nothing to be afraid of... literally the mind and manners of a child.
    Or to be able to make you and your family rich through back door dealings with Ukraine and China while accomplishing nothing over 47 years. But, I digress...

Comment

• Wow! How careless and reckless of Biden to plan a full in person inauguration during a pandemic. Doesn't he realize that we are all in this together and we all need to be taking the necessary precautions to get rid of this insidious alien disease. This just shows how selfish and out of touch he is. We are all making sacrifices for the good of everyone. He should be tried for murder if anyone contracts it and dies as a result of this super spreader event. Or, maybe this just applies to conservatives?

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/08/joe-b...d-masks-tests/

One thing the coronavirus pandemic won't dramatically change is President-elect Biden's inauguration ceremony -- although there will be a few COVID safety measures in place ... TMZ has learned.
      A rep from the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies -- which oversees the swearing-in process -- tells TMZ, the team is still planning to hold the big event in-person ... not virtually.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Or to be able to make you and your family rich through back door dealings with Ukraine and China while accomplishing nothing over 47 years. But, I digress...
        Half of what you've been told about Biden is probably true. I personally feel like after Trump, the bar has been lowered even further on what you can believe from a politician.

I think Marco Rubio would have been a really honest dude. Ted Cruz has decorum but I think he might be vulnerable to special interests.

I believe when I took a test during the primary I was matched closest to Rubio.

Comment

Wow! How careless and reckless of Biden to plan a full in person inauguration during a pandemic. Doesn't he realize that we are all in this together and we all need to be taking the necessary precautions to get rid of this insidious alien disease. This just shows how selfish and out of touch he is. We are all making sacrifices for the good of everyone. He should be tried for murder if anyone contracts it and dies as a result of this super spreader event. Or, maybe this just applies to conservatives?

Hypos gonna hypo.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Wow! How careless and reckless of Biden to plan a full in person inauguration during a pandemic. Doesn't he realize that we are all in this together and we all need to be taking the necessary precautions to get rid of this insidious alien disease. This just shows how selfish and out of touch he is. We are all making sacrifices for the good of everyone. He should be tried for murder if anyone contracts it and dies as a result of this super spreader event. Or, maybe this just applies to conservatives?

There's no way he will have a normal inauguration. Not after all those car rallies. Biden believes in science.

Comment

There's no way he will have a normal inauguration. Not after all those car rallies. Biden believes in science.
              Did you not read the article? There is no plan to have a virtual or scaled down inauguration. Are you saying they are lying?

Comment

• I'm tired of hearing science this and science that coming out of our politicians. This is all the language of climate change if you ask me. Which makes sense as this crisis is being used as a huge power play by governments to do things that they aren't able to do with climate change. (yet)

It's very similar in that you have a large population that continues to ask questions and want to be convinced before they make the 'sacrifices' (which those in power will not have to bear) they are told are necessary to overcome the problem. And, of course it's all rooted in 'science' (which is settled, mind you). And those that will be called on make said sacrifices are again belittled as deniers and imbeciles, if they go against almighty science and try to live their lives. Funny how that is always the case.

The real problem, not unlike climate change, is that you are asking the population to pay a very heavy price in order to overcome a relatively unscary problem. People are willing to risk getting this virus in order to go have a beer at a bar.

Let that sink in for a minute.

People would rather have that beer at the bar and risk getting covid as opposed to not having the beer in the bar.

230,000 people have died in this country because of this virus and people still aren't ready to sacrifice to stop it. Why is that? Is it because they are stupid? Or is it because they are willing to accept the risk? For sure, the government hasn't made the case that it's scary enough to outweigh their financial security. Trump obviously didn't make it be as scary as some people wanted it to be and he is not the president anymore. And there are probably millions of people that aren't in financial ruin right now because of that decision. Is that a bad thing? If a million more people had gone broke, could we have saved 100,000 lives? Where is that science? That's what people want to know.

And 'science' doesn't change that fact. And no one is going to go poor so that they aren't called a denier. So, the left should probably get a better burn.

So maybe we need to find a better science that can't be disputed and is more clear and to the point. Or maybe we have that science, and it just isn't as scary as some people want it to be.

Or maybe America is saying, 'Give Me Liberty, or Give me Death'.

I don't know the answer, but neither does anyone else, so when I hear science, it doesn't lift my skirt.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If this has been already mentioned, I apologize but Biden has now said that he promises 100 Million doses of vaccination by February.

How many has Trump promised by February? 20 Million in December. 30 Million in January. 50 Million in February. Biden can actually count when he makes promises to the American people. LOL

President-elect Joe Biden is promising to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to 100 million people during the first three months of his incoming administration, pledging “100 million shots in the first 100 days.”

Comment

It's misinformation if he knows what he says to be untrue when he says it. And if Tucker has an IQ above 75, some of the **** he is saying is not his sincere opinion. I don't think he's doing it to harm people, he's simply giving the Trumpers what they want... food to feed their delusion. His job is to bring the ratings. And he doesn't always get to pick his own topics, that's for sure.
                    Sure...if he’s lying then it’s misinformation. I don’t think that’s the case though. I think he is presenting the facts relative to his narrative and then giving his opinion.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Sure...if he’s lying then it’s misinformation. I don’t think that’s the case though. I think he is presenting the facts relative to his narrative and then giving his opinion.
                      No no no. If it's about Biden then it's a lie. If it's about Trump and something bad, then it's the truth. Matter of fact, if it's about Biden, it's not even worth reporting so just skip over that. Nothing to see here. #orangemanbad

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

One of the greatest executives of our lifetime put on a veritable masterclass of executing vision against the greatest of odds, and you completely missed that entire bright moment of history due to myopic political bias. I don't blame you really; you were led by the strings of your puppet masters, but man what a show you missed.
                        So I'm guessing you ignore single points of failure....and you're an engineer. Please explain to me how you do this when you are still gainfully employed in software development?

His election was the result of an isolated, random incident. He caught lightning in a bottle. He had the good fortune of running against probably the most unpopular, dishonest, entitled candidate in the history of Democratic politics.

But back to my criticism of Trump's leadership. He lacks neither the discipline nor the ability to plan. So if I follow the strings of the puppet masters, can I call you a contrarian, because your rules in politics vs. the rules in your job (i.e. real life) are diametrically opposed.

Comment

• Another example of the real pandemic. No chance of this kid recovering. Is it worth it, especially when we know who the most vulnerable are and they can isolate?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maine-dad...virus-pandemic

[QUOTE]
                          A Maine father whose 16-year-old son committed suicide last week has said that the isolation the teen felt from remote learning contributed to his death.

Jay Smith, of Brunswick, told a local news station that his son, Spencer Smith, left a note about how he struggled to cope over the past several months, feeling like he had been locked in the house and was growing apart from his friends while learning virtually during the coronavirus pandemic.
                          [/QUOTE]

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So if I follow the strings of the puppet masters?.
                            The MSM leads you and your ilk around like a First Chair Symphony Violinist Virtuoso.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MikeKennedyRulZ;n1266203]Another example of the real pandemic. No chance of this kid recovering. Is it worth it, especially when we know who the most vulnerable are and they can isolate?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/maine-dad...virus-pandemic

A Maine father whose 16-year-old son committed suicide last week has said that the isolation the teen felt from remote learning contributed to his death.

Jay Smith, of Brunswick, told a local news station that his son, Spencer Smith, left a note about how he struggled to cope over the past several months, feeling like he had been locked in the house and was growing apart from his friends while learning virtually during the coronavirus pandemic.
                              [/QUOTE]
                              I better not hear another squeak out of you when I say...

COVID IS REAL,...denier

Amazing how fast a conservative can become a bleeding heart when it fits their agenda. Oh my, the poor depressed football player committed suicide because he couldn't sit in class. You're not even a serious person MKR. Replace "remote learning" with any other social injustice and you're flinging spittle all over this forum in feigned outrage. Wake the **** up and realize you're hanging from a set of strings.

Comment

• Glad to know you feel his life didn’t matter. Nice job.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X