Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I don't really have a personal opinion on the issue. I defer to the experts. They've said from day one that it depends on the local infection rate. If the hospitals are bursting at the seams with everybody rocking out with their cocks out showing no change in community attitude or concern, then you've gotta start welding doors shut. If people act responsibly and stop transmitting the virus like it's their God-given right, then you start opening essential **** back up. It's simple math.
    As a father experiencing this farce, I proclaim myself to be an expert. They are badly bungling the schools. Not to worry though! Sports practice may continue.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Thank you for sparing me more of your mindless idiotic drivel. I could get more knowledge from Bongo the monkey.
      So when do the rest of us get spared from more of your mindless idiotic drivel?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

As a father experiencing this farce, I proclaim myself to be an expert. They are badly bungling the schools. Not to worry though! Sports practice may continue.
        Nah, you're more like a POC and less like a SME.
        Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; December 2, 2020, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The lasting effects of a wasted year of school far outweighs in miniscule Covid potential in school age children. It has been so politicized and co-opted by the left that it should almost be considered illegal. It is a major disgrace. They play politics over long-term health and education of these kids.
          Not in Texas. My daughter teaches special needs kids (in the Houston metro) and she's been back in the classroom since the school year started. Not my fault you hate where you live.......I feel the same way about most of our politicians here as you do there. But I do think the classrooms need to be open.

The good news for me is that I am expecting in the next four years our major metro areas here in Texas will start washing the votes of all the country bumpkins in Abilene, Plainview and Tyler away. Once that happens, we will get better representation at the state level, because dumbshits like Cornyn, Cruz and Dan Patrick will have to start looking over their shoulders when they say and do ridiculous things, as the voters will be paying attention. You probably won't be so lucky. You'll still have people like Gavin Newsome going maskless in the French Laundry in Yountville and running up enough of a bar tab with his party to buy any of us an inexpensive new car.

PS: I don't know why you should give two shits about public schools when you admit you home school your kids.
          Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; December 2, 2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

PS: I don't know why you should give two shits about public schools when you admit you home school your kids.
            Why do you care about what happens in Kansas?
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              Dr. Fauci, Birx, and the task force came up with a very reasonable plan from the beginning. It was for each region to reopen gradually as the positivity rates dropped. Trump offered his blessing on television and then went into the closet and Tweeted totally contradictory information. As expected, half the country followed the task force's guidance and we never made much progress.

Unless your kid is a retard, he should actually be doing better at home than in school. Self-directed learning is VASTLY superior to classroom environs where the lowest common denominator drags everybody down with him. If he isn't finishing his homework, beat his ass.
              Clod - Here is an article on the retards you were referring to. Will more welfare for poor people who don't have skills be the answer?

Students falling behind in math during pandemic

ASSOCIATED PRESS

A disproportionately large number of poor and minority students were not in schools for assessments this fall, complicating efforts to measure the pandemic’s effects on some of the most vulnerable students, a not-for-profit company that administers standardized testing said Tuesday.

Overall, NWEA’s fall assessments showed elementary and middle school students have fallen measurably behind in math, while most appear to be progressing at a normal pace in reading since schools were forced to abruptly close in March and pickup online.

The analysis of data from nearly 4.4 million U.S. students in grades 3-8 represents one of the first significant measures of the pandemic’s impacts on learning.

But researchers at NWEA, whose MAP Growth assessments are meant to measure student proficiency, caution they may be underestimating the effects on minority and economically disadvantaged groups. Those students made up a significant portion of the roughly 1 in 4 students who tested in 2019 but were missing from 2020 testing.

NWEA said they may have opted out of the assessments, which were given in-person and remotely, because they lacked reliable technology or stopped going to school.

“Given we’ve also seen school district reports of higher levels of absenteeism in many different school districts, this is something to really be concerned about,” researcher Megan Kuhfeld said on a call with reporters.

The NWEA findings show that, compared to last year, students scored an average of 5 to 10 percentile points lower in math, with students in grades three, four and five experiencing the largest drops.

English language arts scores were largely the same as last year.

NWEA Chief Executive Chris Minnich pointed to the sequential nature of math, where one year’s skills – or deficits – carry over into the next year.

“The challenge around mathematics is an acute one, and it’s something we’re going to be dealing with even after we get back in school,” he said.

NWEA compared grade-level performance on the 2019 and 2020 tests. It also analyzed student growth over time, based on how individual students did on assessments given shortly before schools closed and those given this fall.

Both measures indicated that students are advancing in math, but not as rapidly as in a typical year. The findings confirm expectations that students are losing ground during the pandemic, but show those losses are not as great as projections made in spring that were based in part on typical “summer slide” learning losses.

A November report by Renaissance Learning Inc., based on its own standardized testing, similarly found troubling setbacks in math and lesser reading losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Why do you care about what happens in Kansas?
                Hey POC, he's not in Kansas or he's lying (he says he is in San Diego) "I report, you decide"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Clod - Here is an article on the retards you were referring to. Will more welfare for poor people who don't have skills be the answer?

ASSOCIATED PRESS

A disproportionately large number of poor and minority students were not in schools for assessments this fall, complicating efforts to measure the pandemic’s effects on some of the most vulnerable students, a not-for-profit company that administers standardized testing said Tuesday.

Overall, NWEA’s fall assessments showed elementary and middle school students have fallen measurably behind in math, while most appear to be progressing at a normal pace in reading since schools were forced to abruptly close in March and pickup online.

The analysis of data from nearly 4.4 million U.S. students in grades 3-8 represents one of the first significant measures of the pandemic’s impacts on learning.

But researchers at NWEA, whose MAP Growth assessments are meant to measure student proficiency, caution they may be underestimating the effects on minority and economically disadvantaged groups. Those students made up a significant portion of the roughly 1 in 4 students who tested in 2019 but were missing from 2020 testing.

NWEA said they may have opted out of the assessments, which were given in-person and remotely, because they lacked reliable technology or stopped going to school.

“Given we’ve also seen school district reports of higher levels of absenteeism in many different school districts, this is something to really be concerned about,” researcher Megan Kuhfeld said on a call with reporters.

The NWEA findings show that, compared to last year, students scored an average of 5 to 10 percentile points lower in math, with students in grades three, four and five experiencing the largest drops.

NWEA Chief Executive Chris Minnich pointed to the sequential nature of math, where one year’s skills – or deficits – carry over into the next year.

“The challenge around mathematics is an acute one, and it’s something we’re going to be dealing with even after we get back in school,” he said.

NWEA compared grade-level performance on the 2019 and 2020 tests. It also analyzed student growth over time, based on how individual students did on assessments given shortly before schools closed and those given this fall.

Both measures indicated that students are advancing in math, but not as rapidly as in a typical year. The findings confirm expectations that students are losing ground during the pandemic, but show those losses are not as great as projections made in spring that were based in part on typical “summer slide” learning losses.

A November report by Renaissance Learning Inc., based on its own standardized testing, similarly found troubling setbacks in math and lesser reading losses.
                  On your left kids, we have a Republican extolling the virtues of public education while offering platitudes (see also: virtue signaling) for poor and minority students. *all the kids gasp in unison*

Comment

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Those 'retards' are a lot smarter than you, and especially in their fields, unless you are a doc, in which case I would wonder if you were retired.

Comment

Those 'retards' are a lot smarter than you, and especially in their fields, unless you are a doc, in which case I would wonder if you were retired.
                      If your daughter is truly a Special Needs teacher, you wouldn’t be referring to them as RETARDS. Special Needs parents and others who work with these kids and adults would totally take offense to this term.

Comment

If your daughter is truly a Special Needs teacher, you wouldn’t be referring to them as RETARDS. Special Needs parents and others who work with these kids and adults would totally take offense to this term.
                        Wichita has a lot of poor kids with many needs.

Comment

Those 'retards' are a lot smarter than you.
                          Just a FYI, using that term is now verboten and considered offensive. There are Shocker fans here that would be offended because they have special need children.

Comment

See, you just proved my point. Either 1) improve your editing skills or 2) learn to read.

I was actually quoting your post, but if you did not know that, you're beyond help.....
                            The use of quotes actually refers to the your use of the perjorative term in your post.

Comment

See, you just proved my point. Either 1) improve your editing skills or 2) learn to read.

I was actually quoting your post, but if you did not know that, you're beyond help.....
                              The use of quotes actually refers to the your use of the perjorative term in your post.
                              I quoted Clod. You took the word and said that they (retards) were smarter than me. You’ve lost all credibility and no one believes your “schtick” anymore.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...ud-coronavirus

Tucker Carlson: The coronavirus pandemic is a global fraud perpetrated by China, abetted by the powerful
                                You've heard a lot recently about "voter fraud" and "election fraud." But now comes more profound news, of a global fraud that began long before Election Day and has ruined millions of lives, killed hundreds of thousands, and deeply affected the outcome of our presidential election.
                                This clown is completely off his rocker. The irony of his Fake News article replete with click-bait Fake News heading which is followed by a story with a completely different narrative. Taking a page straight out of CNN's editorial dept. He posts this right as we're losing thousands. Sad.

And you better believe it deeply affected the outcome of a presidential election. The incompetent who's responsible for the death of thousands got fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X