X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Please provide me with your proof that there is a large contingency of people who do not mask up or that mask up inappropriately. Also provide me with evidence that they are mostly Trumpers. This is the biggest fallacy being perpetrated by the MSM and morons like yourself. There is absolutely zero evidence. It is complete hearsay and conjecture and shows your simplicity and laziness.
    Hey bro, don't ever call me out again. I'm exactly the last person you ever wanna call out lol.

I shouldn't have even responded. Anybody that would even ask for proof that Trumpers don't mask appropriately is either insincere or ****ing mental.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/17/polit...rus/index.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...latest-updates

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/ele...face-mask.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...s-don-n1243841

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...of-face-masks/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...hat-they-said/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=73392694

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/03/polit...ask/index.html

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ch-members-ill

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-s...-bidens-masks/

3 billion links more...

Comment

• So no evidence then? Ok, thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        No thoughts on India huh?
        Pune has been on and off lockdown. You can book that. I have inside knowledge. There's a lot of it over there. Businesses having to close/sterilize/open multiple times, excessive case rate triggering general lockdowns in the general community numerous times.......

Comment

• I venture through the hood on the way to my job frequently. I see lots of folks out on the porch with people clearly not from their same households shooting the breeze within 6 feet of each other. No masks. All Trump supporters I’m sure.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Who didn’t take it serious enough? Wichita State fans? Sedgwick Countians? Americans, People of the World?
            We. Us. Maybe County Commissioner Howell, who said in April that as long as we have hospital beds available, the county doesn't need to do anything. Then in November when he was told that the hospitals were full, his reply was that the hospitals were woefully unprepared and all we needed was more hospital beds.

Maybe the Republican legislators who gave counties the option to ignore any mandates from the governor. Some of my friends in rural counties have mentioned how happy they are to be in a rural area so they have no worries about a virus that only affects urban areas.

IMHO, our governor's early all-size-fits-all mandates were ill-advised. A better approach would have been restrictions based on local statistics. That would have given local communities a motive to reduce the spread in their areas.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

We. Us. Maybe County Commissioner Howell, who said in April that as long as we have hospital beds available, the county doesn't need to do anything. Then in November when he was told that the hospitals were full, his reply was that the hospitals were woefully unprepared and all we needed was more hospital beds.

Maybe the Republican legislators who gave counties the option to ignore any mandates from the governor. Some of my friends in rural counties have mentioned how happy they are to be in a rural area so they have no worries about a virus that only affects urban areas.

IMHO, our governor's early all-size-fits-all mandates were ill-advised. A better approach would have been restrictions based on local statistics. That would have given local communities a motive to reduce the spread in their areas.
              But you don’t want a political argument on here so you’ll leave it at that right??

Too much political nonsense in the basketball threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

But you don’t want a political argument on here so you’ll leave it at that right??

Too much political nonsense in the basketball threads.
                I stated an opinion directly related to basketball. I was asked a question. I answered the question accurately with underlying context that directly related to the question that was asked.

Apparently it's political if you don't like the answer.

Comment

Well I can't speak for others but I know that I stayed home for 2 months, and wouldn't see any family and almost no one else. Since then, I still have used good judgement and taken responsibility for myself and others close to me. I don't know if I'm a good judge for everyone as I don't know everyone's circumstances but most people I know took the pandemic pretty seriously, except for the crowds (mostly on the left) that I saw on television protesting and rioting. You seem to know what others are thinking and doing more than me but I believe more in getting information, which I did and then making good decisions and taking personal responsibility. You seem (I may be wrong) to make excuses for some and blame others.

Comment

Well I can't speak for others but I know that I stayed home for 2 months, and wouldn't see any family and almost no one else. Since then, I still have used good judgement and taken responsibility for myself and others close to me. I don't know if I'm a good judge for everyone as I don't know everyone's circumstances but most people I know took the pandemic pretty seriously, except for the crowds (mostly on the left) that I saw on television protesting and rioting. You seem to know what others are thinking and doing more than me but I believe more in getting information, which I did and then making good decisions and taking personal responsibility. You seem (I may be wrong) to make excuses for some and blame others.
                    There is equal blame on both sides of the political spectrum as people selectively chose which things were safe and which weren't based on their wants and desires. Unfortunately for everyone, the virus doesn't have a political party.

Comment

The moment the mandates were lifted after the shutdown, the bars in Wichita were filled with people not wearing masks and not maintaining distance from each other. I wasn't there, but both TV and the Eagle had pictures and video. Shortly after that we began the summer spike and the average age of those infected took a major downward trend. Memorial Day family, friends and neighbor parties, Same for July 4.

There weren't any protests out in western Kansas and the counties out there eventually got to the same level of per capita infection as Houston in its' worst period.

If you're going to make the "mostly on the left" comment, you might want to include Trump's campaign rallies - you know, just to create the appearance that you're not biased. Those "mostly on the left" protests got Trump millions of votes. There was pretty much nothing those on the left could have done that would throw more support behind trump and get his voter base to the polls.

Comment

• Jesus Aargh, take your opinions to the political forum.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The moment the mandates were lifted after the shutdown, the bars in Wichita were filled with people not wearing masks and not maintaining distance from each other. I wasn't there, but both TV and the Eagle had pictures and video.
                          I witnessed this first hand at a west Wichita bar in October. Went inside and it was packed by pre-COVID standards. Like Saturday night at Pumphouse packed. We turned around and left. Not just young people in there either.

And I'm not saying this to shame anyone because we all have our choices in life to make and different risk thresholds.

Hopefully by this time next year all this crap will be mostly in the rear view mirror and we can move on to arguing and hating each other over something else.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Jesus Aargh, take your opinions to the political forum.
                            Seriously. Where are the mods? This conversation needs to be moved. We come to the basketball thread for basketball, we go to the politics section for politics. I've certainly had things moved for far less than this.

Comment

• https://www.amazon.com/dp/1953039073...6253560&sr=1-5

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

India either has superior compliance, a genetic/comorbidity advantage to our country, or spotty reporting (but that effect would be limited as they have a mostly free press). I cannot imagine they have a better doctor-patient ratio. And their communities surely must be, on average, more dense than ours.

Covid is real.
                                IN India if u don’t make it in from the villages to the cities where the hospital are then you never get counted as a COVID case or death.

BBC has a story on reason why India numbers really cannot be compared to the west numbers.

Coronavirus: How many Covid-19 deaths is India missing? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-53773070

Comment

Working...
                                X