Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So your left-wing friends are smarter than you are. I showed you evidence, objective evidence, and you dismissed it by saying it was a lie. You did not process it, you dismissed it out of hand AND accused me of some sort of warped ideology you pulled out of your backside. Therefore you are projecting.

I would categorize that as a big fail.

Do you perform these same mental gymnastics with your clinical trials? If so, I hope my doc does not prescribe anything your company makes to me.
    I missed any objective evidence you showed me. Please point it out so I can look again. Thanks.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Do you perform these same mental gymnastics with your clinical trials? If so, I hope my doc does not prescribe anything your company makes to me.
      I don’t do clinical trials. I do pharmaceutical biochemistry. o don’t do gymnastics; I follow the science and the regulations. There’s a reasonable chance you’ve taken some of the drugs my company makes if you’ve ever received medication in the hospital. I promise you, they are safe and effective.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• My sisters Father-in-law passed away Thursday night. He was 70 years old, morbidly obese with Type II diabetes, and COPD.

On Wednesday he had a soar throat that progressed to fever and cough on Thursday. He took a rapid flu and Covid test, and both were negative. No known contact with positive individual. He went into a coughing fit and cardiac arrest and died on his way to the ER.

ER doc that pronounced him dead said probable Covid on the chart. They haven’t seen the death certificate yet.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
          My sisters Father-in-law passed away Thursday night. He was 70 years old, morbidly obese with Type II diabetes, and COPD.

On Wednesday he had a soar throat that progressed to fever and cough on Thursday. He took a rapid flu and Covid test, and both were negative. No known contact with positive individual. He went into a coughing fit and cardiac arrest and died on his way to the ER.

ER doc that pronounced him dead said probable Covid on the chart. They haven’t seen the death certificate yet.
          I’m sorry for your loss.

And that’s why people question the data.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            My sisters Father-in-law passed away Thursday night. He was 70 years old, morbidly obese with Type II diabetes, and COPD.

Condolences.

Obesity, diabetes, and COPD... :(

These frontline doctors have seen enough cases by now that they can smell Covid from down the hall. Sore throat and fever usually doesn't accompany a heart attack or stroke... I bet you he died of a pulmonary embolism. This is what gets the big people at home and doesn't show up on the Covid death toll.

Acute pulmonary embolism (PE) was common in COVID-19 cases, often in obese patients and in those not sick enough to require critical care, an observational study showed.

PE turned up in 22% of 328 patients who got pulmonary CT angiography for PCR test-positive COVID-19 at the Henry Ford Health System's hospitals in Detroit from March 16 to April 18.

Notably, 51% of the PE cases were diagnosed in the emergency department and 72% overall were diagnosed in patients who did not require intensive care unit (ICU) level care, reported Neo Poyiadji, MD, of the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, and colleagues in Radiology.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Condolences.

Obesity, diabetes, and COPD... :(

These frontline doctors have seen enough cases by now that they can smell Covid from down the hall. Sore throat and fever usually doesn't accompany a heart attack or stroke... I bet you he died of a pulmonary embolism. This is what gets the big people at home and doesn't show up on the Covid death toll.

It very well could have been. They are not going to do an autopsy.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Please explain your qualifications that would enable you to state you are more of an expert than Fauci is...it certainly isn't because of clinical experience nor is it due to spending your entire career in epidemiology.
                s-l1000.jpg

You asking wufan for a pissing match? What's yours?

You hold Fauci in pretty high regard as does Biden and many others. Not saying you or they shouldn't, but didn't Fauci go on 60 Minutes in March and say masking wasn't that effective, people in general didn't need to do it, and it had other problems. Yet many Fauci supporters on the left hold Trump responsible back into January when he's getting this type of advice from an expert in March.

PS: I don't have any medical or science background. From what I've seen so far, maybe you should be showing yours before asking wufan .

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Cliffsnotes version please

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

Cliffsnotes version please
                      Like reading one of Cold's posts...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Just taking massive oxygen therapy alone destroys mechanical ventilation results in the context of overall mortality with Covid, so it's no surprise that HBO2 fared well. It may be superfluous though. Could it be therapeutic over just straight oxygen in the most dire circumstances? Perhaps. I remember a few doctors talking about this back in the beginning too.

Isn't it crazy that this insidious, alien virus took the standard protocol for treating "dangerously" low oxygen saturation and turned it into an avenue for speeding death? The whole world was shitting themselves over a lack of ventilators when what would have saved thousands of lives would have been a lack of them. Just a simple oxygen canister, a mask, and a lawn chair (in the prone position), w/ some 'roids, Vit. D, zinc, and aspirin thrown in for good measure.

Remember when Italy was flooded and they had to send patients outside "to their doom" with only oxygen and chairs while the "better prospects" got the vents inside? I wonder how many of those folk survived that didn't get the "luxury" of a vent.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Like reading one of Cold's posts...

Comment

Just taking massive oxygen therapy alone destroys mechanical ventilation results in the context of overall mortality with Covid, so it's no surprise that HBO2 fared well. It may be superfluous though. Could it be therapeutic over just straight oxygen in the most dire circumstances? Perhaps. I remember a few doctors talking about this back in the beginning too.

Isn't it crazy that this insidious, alien virus took the standard protocol for treating "dangerously" low oxygen saturation and turned it into an avenue for speeding death? The whole world was shitting themselves over a lack of ventilators when what would have saved thousands of lives would have been a lack of them. Just a simple oxygen canister, a mask, and a lawn chair (in the prone position), w/ some 'roids, Vit. D, zinc, and aspirin thrown in for good measure.

Remember when Italy was flooded and they had to send patients outside "to their doom" with only oxygen and chairs while the "better prospects" got the vents inside? I wonder how many of those folk survived that didn't get the "luxury" of a vent.
                            Damn aliens...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just taking massive oxygen therapy alone destroys mechanical ventilation results in the context of overall mortality with Covid, so it's no surprise that HBO2 fared well. It may be superfluous though. Could it be therapeutic over just straight oxygen in the most dire circumstances? Perhaps. I remember a few doctors talking about this back in the beginning too.

HBO works differently than vents or therapeutic O2. At pressure, O2 is saturated in the plasma and exchanged efficiently in organs. I dont understand the entire physiology, but it is different. It is proving to be effective e at keeping people off vents, with much lower mortality rate and sending them home faster. This could reduce the load of hospital beds and staff. Again, my guess is due to logistics within hospitals, HBO will not be offered as an option.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Everyone brace yourselves. What I am about to post is not a joke. This is seriously what King Newsom here in Commiefornia has put out regarding Christmas/Thanksgiving. He can f**k right off if he thinks I’m following this BS. I’ve had about enough.

3A6D3C4B-77E1-42BB-9F73-5D33410F7FC4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                                X