Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
    So do we have a second potential super-spreader event in progress that originated at the White House?
    Not since Clinton has there been a super-spreader in the White House.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'm not a fan of Hillary, but this is wrong. Trump not only shot himself in the foot several times (including getting his coordinator of campaign lawsuits testing positive at probably the worst time), but also because of all the bullshit he puts out. He is a superspreader X2.

The majority of disinformation in America is domestic. We need to pay more attention to what it's doing to our democracy and politics.

Even Steve Bannon says he likes to flood the zone with s.... That's the same Steve Bannon who teamed with Roger Stone on the whole 'steal the vote' thing.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Hillary, but this is wrong. Trump not only shot himself in the foot several times (including getting his coordinator of campaign lawsuits testing positive at probably the worst time), but also because of all the bullshit he puts out. He is a superspreader X2.

The majority of disinformation in America is domestic. We need to pay more attention to what it's doing to our democracy and politics.

Even Steve Bannon says he likes to flood the zone with s.... That's the same Steve Bannon who teamed with Roger Stone on the whole 'steal the vote' thing.
        https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/09/face...ve-bannon.html
        I think it was a joke.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Don't you mean not since Monica?

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I think it was a joke.
            And I think you're right. But if I made Trump, Pence or a number (or my favorite felony indicted AG who keeps getting elected down here in spite of himself) of other republicans the constant butt of my jokes, I would probably get called out for it.

Hillary is retired and needs to stay that way. Perhaps Trump's stink will hang on as long as Hillary's has, perhaps not. Let's see what happens after January 20th.

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I missed the part where Trump and Republicans weren't being made fun of 99% of the time on every media platform. Was I missing something?
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Trump adviser: Michigan should 'rise up' against coronavirus restrictions

Whitmer responds to Atlas: I won't 'be bullied into not following reputable scientists'

Scott Atlas, a medical adviser to President Trump, called on Michiganders to “rise up” after Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) announced new restrictions amid a surge in coronavirus cases.

"The only way this stops is if people rise up," Atlas tweeted Sunday after Whitmer’s office announced a three-week return to remote learning for high schools and college students, as well as a reimposed ban on dine-in service at restaurants.

"You get what you accept. #FreedomMatters #StepUp," Atlas added.

I'd REALLLLLY like to cancel this guy...

Comment

• In this story, California elected lawmakers defy their own rules they’ve preaching to others. They tell them not to gather in large numbers, even during these Thanksgiving days (not allowed inside, in churches, or even families. However, they schmooze together in Hawaii for a retreat with lobbyists. First Gov. Newsome had an expensive lobbyist birthday dinner in Napa Valley, and now Democrat lawmakers go to Hawaii. Hypocritical Maybe?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/politics...y-15732099.php

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...s-restrictions

Trump adviser: Michigan should 'rise up' against coronavirus restrictions

I'd REALLLLLY like to cancel this guy...
                      I'm surprised that you don't want to cancel Gov. Gretchen Whitmer for her hypocritical stance on the epidemic in the past. Her husband (back in the summer) was caught breaking the law and using their vacation home at the lake while others were told they couldn't travel in Michigan. There is a lot of unfair hyperbole about his comments from the "woke crowd" that hurt others. Personally, I don't like it when a Governor makes sweeping state mandates of mask wearing if that is what they want to do (although I think it's best if local governments do it), but I'd prefer that they give people a little freedom. Laws regarding mask wearing, regarding protection of nursing homes and independent living for the elderly who can't take care of themselves, some protection in state hotspots for schools for several weeks, and then off again if possible, etc., bars or businesses where people refuse to distance can have some restrictions, but leave it up to communities and counties to handle instead of widespread state mandates. Give people the information, and allow them the freedom to make their own decisions is my view.

If you read Scptt Atlas' ideas, he does make a lot of sense. He has talked extensively of the unintended consequences of lockdowns. He says that 1 of 4 College students have thought of committing suicide. He talks about increased child abuse when schools are closed, and diseases such as cancer that are not being handled, and eventually these diseases Kill People. He also talks about how people in the lower class have difficulty earning money when they are locked down while people who have more money are able to find ways to work from home. He also says to create mandates on nursing homes and protect those who need protection the most.

Here is just a small excerpt of what he has said or written:
                      The lockdown has created unintended consequences. Dr. Scott Atlas made the following observations in a recent interview with U.K. journalist Freddie Sayers:

“In the U.S., many common cancers were not diagnosed due the shutdown. These are people who will present themselves to the hospital or their doctor with la, butter-stage disease — many of these people will die. In the U.S., 650,000 Americans are on chemotherapy — half of them didn’t come in for their chemo because they were afraid. Two-thirds of screenings for cancer were not done; half of childhood immunizations did not get done; 85% of living organ transplants did not get done. And then we see the other harms: 200,000 cases plus child abuse in the U.S. during the two months of Spring school closures were not reported because schools are the number one agency where abuse is noticed; we have one out of four American young adults, college age, who thought of killing themselves in June….

All of these harms are massive for the working class and the lower socioeconomic groups. The people who are upper class, who can work from home, the people who can sip their latte and complain that their children are underfoot, or that they have to come up with extra money to hire a tutor privately — these are people who are not impacted by the lock downs.” www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpn3JxXqnp4

Many negative outcomes from the national lockdown are in Illinois, including high unemployment, budget deficits, financial instability, and mounting debt.

When considering public policy mandates, government officials must do their best to identify the negative consequences and the positive outcomes that a proposed policy may create. Once the expected benefits and costs are thoughtfully calculated, humane and rational public policy may be implemented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm surprised that you don't want to cancel Gov. Gretchen Whitmer for her hypocritical stance on the epidemic in the past. Her husband (back in the summer) was caught breaking the law and using their vacation home at the lake while others were told they couldn't travel in Michigan. There is a lot of unfair hyperbole about his comments from the "woke crowd" that hurt others. Personally, I don't like it when a Governor makes sweeping state mandates of mask wearing if that is what they want to do (although I think it's best if local governments do it), but I'd prefer that they give people a little freedom. Laws regarding mask wearing, regarding protection of nursing homes and independent living for the elderly who can't take care of themselves, some protection in state hotspots for schools for several weeks, and then off again if possible, etc., bars or businesses where people refuse to distance can have some restrictions, but leave it up to communities and counties to handle instead of widespread state mandates. Give people the information, and allow them the freedom to make their own decisions is my view.

If you read Scptt Atlas' ideas, he does make a lot of sense. He has talked extensively of the unintended consequences of lockdowns. He says that 1 of 4 College students have thought of committing suicide. He talks about increased child abuse when schools are closed, and diseases such as cancer that are not being handled, and eventually these diseases Kill People. He also talks about how people in the lower class have difficulty earning money when they are locked down while people who have more money are able to find ways to work from home. He also says to create mandates on nursing homes and protect those who need protection the most.

Here is just a small excerpt of what he has said or written:
                        The lockdown has created unintended consequences. Dr. Scott Atlas made the following observations in a recent interview with U.K. journalist Freddie Sayers:

“In the U.S., many common cancers were not diagnosed due the shutdown. These are people who will present themselves to the hospital or their doctor with la, butter-stage disease — many of these people will die. In the U.S., 650,000 Americans are on chemotherapy — half of them didn’t come in for their chemo because they were afraid. Two-thirds of screenings for cancer were not done; half of childhood immunizations did not get done; 85% of living organ transplants did not get done. And then we see the other harms: 200,000 cases plus child abuse in the U.S. during the two months of Spring school closures were not reported because schools are the number one agency where abuse is noticed; we have one out of four American young adults, college age, who thought of killing themselves in June….

All of these harms are massive for the working class and the lower socioeconomic groups. The people who are upper class, who can work from home, the people who can sip their latte and complain that their children are underfoot, or that they have to come up with extra money to hire a tutor privately — these are people who are not impacted by the lock downs.” www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpn3JxXqnp4

Many negative outcomes from the national lockdown are in Illinois, including high unemployment, budget deficits, financial instability, and mounting debt.

When considering public policy mandates, government officials must do their best to identify the negative consequences and the positive outcomes that a proposed policy may create. Once the expected benefits and costs are thoughtfully calculated, humane and rational public policy may be implemented.
                        Scott Atlas is the poster child for people who claim to be experts but have absolutely no knowledge of the field they claim to be an 'expert' at.

I would have a better chance of being a certified actuary than he does of being an epidemiologist. And I'm smarter than him, because I'd have enough common sense not to do an interview with RT in the White House.

I think that's pretty damn sad. My belief was that Doctors were thought leaders, he is living proof that an exception exists to every rule.

Comment

Scott Atlas is the poster child for people who claim to be experts but have absolutely no knowledge of the field they claim to be an 'expert' at.

I would have a better chance of being a certified actuary than he does of being an epidemiologist. And I'm smarter than him, because I'd have enough common sense not to do an interview with RT in the White House.

I think that's pretty damn sad. My belief was that Doctors were thought leaders, he is living proof that an exception exists to every rule.
                          Everything I mentioned above regarding deaths (and unintended consequences caused by lockdowns) because of mental difficulties/suicide, child abuse, deaths caused by untreated cancer and other diseases, and lower socio-economic classes being left behind middle and upper class people are FACTS. You give us no facts. Just hyperbole. You do sound like Cold and not a Texan.

Comment

• Rules don't apply to the Demorats. You little minions stay in your place and do what I say, but I can run around and not follow my own rules. SMH.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...rus-guidelines

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-feinstein-spotted-walking-around-senate-without-a-mask

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Rules don't apply to the Demorats. You little minions stay in your place and do what I say, but I can run around and not follow my own rules. SMH.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...rus-guidelines

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-feinstein-spotted-walking-around-senate-without-a-mask
                              Not necessarily true. A friend and associate of mine, who is a consultant and lives in Jersey is having the kind of Thanksgiving party you are planning. Jersey's gov if Phil Murphy. Oh, and he's a Republican.

He said to me F*** Phil Murphy, I'm having my family (all 18) over for Thanksgiving. Tell me if that sounds familiar....I bet it does.

I'm glad I am locked down these days. I had to laugh my butt off, but I would not go over there for his dinner (even though I bet it would be good). And when this is over with, I'm going up there and visiting him, because I think he's a great guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Everything I mentioned above regarding deaths (and unintended consequences caused by lockdowns) because of mental difficulties/suicide, child abuse, deaths caused by untreated cancer and other diseases, and lower socio-economic classes being left behind middle and upper class people are FACTS. You give us no facts. Just hyperbole. You do sound like Cold and not a Texan.
                                I would invite you to visit San Antonio, Dallas, Austin or Houston and figure it out for yourself. Now if you were in Plainview or Floydada, your statement is accurate. However, those of us in large urban areas are totally different animals.

P.S. I can tell you have never spent much time in any of our beautiful big cities.
                                P.S.S. Mental illness is all in your head. You need to strengthen your constitution. You seem like a weak, spineless person.

See how easy that was?

Comment

Working...
                                X