Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Two new peer-reviewed studies show a sharp drop in mortality among hospitalized Covid patients. The drop is seen in all groups, including older patients and those with underlying conditions, suggesting providers are getting better at treating the illness.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
    Absolutely we're getting better at treating the virus. I said that months ago. We'd be at 2x current deaths with March treatment plans. The greatest life-saving improvement has been the reduction of ventilator use. So when they say we are predicted to reach 2-3k daily deaths during the winter, it would have been 4-6k had be larned nuttin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-...entary-2020-10

Ahhhh... what could have been. Had we called for aggressive social distancing, national masking and a limited shutdown on that day, we may have saved our economy and 100's of thousands of lives. Instead we used Iraqi Information Minister politics - lying to the American people so they could spread it as fast as possible. And then we lost the economy anyways.

trump.jpg
      Maybe you're not quite remembering things too well, but as I recall, we did shut the **** down for quite a while from March to May. There wasn't a whole lot open or going on. Hence, everybody working from home or getting laid off. What else did you want them to do? Close down the grocery stores?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Maybe you're not quite remembering things too well, but as I recall, we did shut the **** down for quite a while from March to May. There wasn't a whole lot open or going on. Hence, everybody working from home or getting laid off. What else did you want them to do? Close down the grocery stores?
        Naw. Everything was disjointed and discombobulated. Every city and state closed in varying degrees and in varying times. Some never closed at all. And mask mandates were WAYYYY late. All the while Trump is Tweeting: "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" "LIBERATE VIRGINIA".

We needed fast and cohesive action. Some of that likely couldn't have been achieved due to our lack of pandemic response infrastructure. But Trump was offering resistance every step of the way. He made it clear to all who have their heads residing outside his lower colon, that he was against serious action and sacrifice. He thought this would all just disappear. He made the wrong call and that is why he will be fired for it.

Comment

Absolutely we're getting better at treating the virus. I said that months ago. '.
          This is a positive statement. You’ve had no positive statements or we would remember them.

Comment

Naw. Everything was disjointed and discombobulated. Every city and state closed in varying degrees and in varying times. Some never closed at all. And mask mandates were WAYYYY late. All the while Trump is Tweeting: "LIBERATE MICHIGAN" "LIBERATE VIRGINIA".

We needed fast and cohesive action. Some of that likely couldn't have been achieved due to our lack of pandemic response infrastructure. But Trump was offering resistance every step of the way. He made it clear to all who have their heads residing outside his lower colon, that he was against serious action and sacrifice. He thought this would all just disappear. He made the wrong call and that is why he will be fired for it.
            Huh? Did the entire nation of China shut down in January or just a province or two?

What did we need mask mandates for? The entire country was essentially shut down. Once again, as I recall, the only thing open was essentially grocery stores. And the times I went in there, most everybody was either social distancing or wearing a mask.. and this was before the mandate. So once again, what else did you expect to happen? How come the Chinese got away with "closing in varying degrees"?

How come Nancy Pelosi criticized the President for shutting down China when he did? How come she told everyone to "go out to Chinatown" in February?

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Hey Cold, I thought you said India was gonna fall off a cliff? Looks like their death rate and case rate are going down pretty quickly. Their death rate didn't even pass the U.S.'s? What happened? Did they shut everything down or something? Delhi now a ghost town?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Huh? Did the entire nation of China shut down in January or just a province or two?

What did we need mask mandates for? The entire country was essentially shut down. Once again, as I recall, the only thing open was essentially grocery stores. And the times I went in there, most everybody was either social distancing or wearing a mask.. and this was before the mandate. So once again, what else did you expect to happen? How come the Chinese got away with "closing in varying degrees"?

How come Nancy Pelosi criticized the President for shutting down China when he did? How come she told everyone to "go out to Chinatown" in February?
                When they identified the virus, they locked the city down, barricaded the highways, manning them with armed guards (nobody in or out), welded home doors shut (I'm talking nobody leaves for any reason - food was delivered), and they removed sick family members from homes and held them in hospital tents. Draconian ****.

Dude, go back and read my posts from like late Feb-into March. The virus was spreading across the country and Dillon's was jam-packed on a Saturday with NO masks. That's back when I said there were likely 10's of thousands of infections circulating through Sedgwick (I was a little off on that one lol). We even had a jam-packed country concert at the IBA when there were cases all across the U.S. We hadn't seen NYC totally melt down yet but there were active clusters in all the major cities across the country. I predicted the coming storm. I was a little early, but oh well...

Nancy Pelosi was wrong. But Nancy Pelosi wasn't mocking mask wearing as less-than-macho in May either. Nobody was expected to be on top of everything in late Jan-early February (including Fauci). China didn't allow the information out for a while, remember? They were locking doctors up left and right. But the moment we knew it was in our country, we should have went to war: federally/nationally/governmentally... Washington tells the states what to do and they don't quibble one bit. Exactly the same as if we entered World War III (or II, or I). During times of disaster, the federal government takes over. It has to because the states are separate, but vulnerable in catastrophic events. You don't go to war and conscript soldiers from Texas and not California. Everybody lines up and unites as one team. Then after the disaster is over, we go back to being individual entities.

We needed leadership. It was Donald's opportunity to shine. He started out pretty good. I was fine with his early performance. But when he decided to go "herd", I dumped him. Because that means he's clearly insane... or maybe worse (we all know that Covid hits the minorities disproportionately).

Comment

Hey Cold, I thought you said India was gonna fall off a cliff? Looks like their death rate and case rate are going down pretty quickly. Their death rate didn't even pass the U.S.'s? What happened? Did they shut everything down or something? Delhi now a ghost town?
                  Yeah. They were late to the party. they hit 100k infections and have tailed off slightly. I have no idea their seasonal cycles and don't want to look it up. I also don't know what measures they've taken. They're still having almost 1k deaths a day.

Okay, okay... you got me. Covid is a hoax.

Government’s scientific panel warns the onset of winter and upcoming festivals could lead to significant spike in cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This is a positive statement. You’ve had no positive statements or we would remember them.
                    Yeah I have. Plenty.

Comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/cdc-...entary-2020-10

Ahhhh... what could have been. Had we called for aggressive social distancing, national masking and a limited shutdown on that day, we may have saved our economy and 100's of thousands of lives. Instead we used Iraqi Information Minister politics - lying to the American people so they could spread it as fast as possible. And then we lost the economy anyways.

trump.jpg
                      The CDC, WHO, and Faucci all said NO masking at that time. Trump shut down China and was called xenophobic. Over a week later NY and SF Dems were saying don’t worry. You’re a shallow MSM straw man. You know it and don’t care. You’re a bad person.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Two new peer-reviewed studies show a sharp drop in mortality among hospitalized Covid patients. The drop is seen in all groups, including older patients and those with underlying conditions, suggesting providers are getting better at treating the illness.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
                        So here's your counterpoint.......even though we are getting better at treatment and improving outcomes (which you would expect - it's the learning curve), there is still a risk that if the hospitals fill up and there is no capacity to treat, the death rate will go up because people die at home (because they can't get admitted to a hospital).

It is still possible that if people don't follow public health advice (social distancing, masks and so forth) we could have a spike so large it would overwhelm our hospitals. This happened here during the summer.....people from the Valley being sent to Del Rio, San Antonio, Austin.

Seems like Republicans in general don't like to wear masks, socially distance and so forth. I have a friend whose son is getting married next month and marrying into a Republican family. They are planning a big wedding with no masks, social distancing and so forth.

Seems to me like this would have the potential of being a super-spreader event like the Amy Comey Barrett shindig in the Rose Garden, which resulted in a cluster of 34 cases. I don't care where you are, if you have this happen about 3 or 4 times and don't cooperate with the contact tracers, you run the potential of having a big problem in your community whether it is a large or small. The resulting strain on our medical systems, especially if they run out of capacity, could result in people dying at home because they can't get treatment, not because the treatment would be substandard.

Comment

• I would bet that had this virus been the plague and getting it was a death sentence, we'd be treating it 10000X more seriously. But that simply is not the case. The majority of people are not afraid of getting it. And that's the bottom line.

Right, Wrong, or indifferent
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Democrats: Trump is literally Hitler
                            Democrats: Why won't Trump use an iron fist to shut down the country.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Yeah. They were late to the party. they hit 100k infections and have tailed off slightly. I have no idea their seasonal cycles and don't want to look it up. I also don't know what measures they've taken. They're still having almost 1k deaths a day.

Okay, okay... you got me. Covid is a hoax.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/...nth-govt-panel
                              That was a pretty lame white flag response. Sorry about slowing your roll with that party pooper.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When they identified the virus, they locked the city down, barricaded the highways, manning them with armed guards (nobody in or out), welded home doors shut (I'm talking nobody leaves for any reason - food was delivered), and they removed sick family members from homes and held them in hospital tents. Draconian ****.

Dude, go back and read my posts from like late Feb-into March. The virus was spreading across the country and Dillon's was jam-packed on a Saturday with NO masks. That's back when I said there were likely 10's of thousands of infections circulating through Sedgwick (I was a little off on that one lol). We even had a jam-packed country concert at the IBA when there were cases all across the U.S. We hadn't seen NYC totally melt down yet but there were active clusters in all the major cities across the country. I predicted the coming storm. I was a little early, but oh well...

Nancy Pelosi was wrong. But Nancy Pelosi wasn't mocking mask wearing as less-than-macho in May either. Nobody was expected to be on top of everything in late Jan-early February (including Fauci). China didn't allow the information out for a while, remember? They were locking doctors up left and right. But the moment we knew it was in our country, we should have went to war: federally/nationally/governmentally... Washington tells the states what to do and they don't quibble one bit. Exactly the same as if we entered World War III (or II, or I). During times of disaster, the federal government takes over. It has to because the states are separate, but vulnerable in catastrophic events. You don't go to war and conscript soldiers from Texas and not California. Everybody lines up and unites as one team. Then after the disaster is over, we go back to being individual entities.

We needed leadership. It was Donald's opportunity to shine. He started out pretty good. I was fine with his early performance. But when he decided to go "herd", I dumped him. Because that means he's clearly insane... or maybe worse (we all know that Covid hits the minorities disproportionately).
                                Oh, so now Jan and Feb were irrelevant, and you do agree with those of us who know that the media, and retards, who blame Trump's early response as a failure are Full. Of. S**t. It's about time you finally got up offa' your knees.

But, what about March? Was that the line of demarcation? What were the experts saying then:

MARCH.jpg

If you insist on being the persistent little turd that won't flush, at least until late night at the phog, could you at least bring something new to the conversation? Like, for instance, why is the median age of fatality 78?

Comment

Working...
                                X