Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Some of us have an option 3 (unless you work for Chase).....most people in financial services are already working from home. But I don't believe in lockdowns if we can avoid them. What we have to do to get to that point is to follow state/local/health expert guidance.

When people do not comply (some of the posters on this page, for instance), that's where the problems come in. They spread it around the community, which makes it worse and increases the chances that a lockdown will occur.
    The wealthy and fortunate can quarantine. What about those that aren’t wealthy or fortunate? Why should they be punished for that?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Good! Why don't you go to the dentist for your annual checkup and cleaning when the positivity rate in your community hits 20%. I imagine dentists are hurting with all the docs as well, since most old farts like me are deferring anything that is elective right now. Just think of it as you are helping the economy.

Co-worker of mine (in Colorado) did that and brought home the 'rona to his wife and less-than-1-year old (go google how long it takes for a child to develop immunity to 'normal' diseases). I had to go to the dentist (it was an emergency) and elected to have the tooth pulled rather than go back for further appointments because the positivity rate is kicking up and we've had about a 20% increase in transmission over the last couple of weeks. I mention that last part because it was ironic, we were talking about going to the dentist and how risky it was. He went to see his dentist a few days before I did.

He's been living in the basement for about a week. I met with him yesterday and he's saying he's fine, except he has a really congested cough. I think he's past the 7-8 day window where complications set in, so he will probably be fine. And not really a whole lot of symptoms, except for that cough.

But following your logic, I bet the guy who passed the infection through the office (perhaps a tech or the dentist itself) just needed to live his life as well.
      I've been to the dentist several times during the Covid Era. The professionals, by and large, have been well-masked (and even shielded at one point). It is a risk though having your mouth jacked open for periods on end. Any appointment I go on I wait in the car and have the receptionist call me when they're ready. I DO NOT do waiting rooms. I also mask up (N95) the entire time until work/cleaning is to be done. It's also a good idea to schedule your appt. as early as possible so you beat the crowed of 'breathers' scheduled throughout the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

My mother passed away this summer. One of the last things she was able to do was spend a week at the lake with the family she loved doing the thing she loved. No masks. No social distancing. I guess we were selfish, but I am glad we were. I would have hated to deprive her of that last joy in her life. BTW she did not have Covid and nobody at the lake got it either.

People will die, but people also need to live.

But go ahead and deprive the grandmother her one last Christmas with her family.
        How touching. You should have recounted your story at the Republican National Convention.

Again, saying that you can't see grandma and still be smart is a false dilemma.

You could have hung out with Grams hundreds of times during last spring, summer, and fall if you wanted. Backyards, porches, patios, and parks. Even the lake if it's just for a day and everybody drives separately.

So drop the entitled "woe is me" act. It sounds way too woke. All you're essentially trying to do is provide supporting testimony for Trump's failure in dealing with a very dangerous pandemic in a logical and responsible manner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          I'm just curious if there is anyone that is advocating lockdowns, are you going to be out of a job if said lockdown occurs? And you are willing to sacrifice your livelihood in the fight against Covid?
          Do you think that we will be in a better position to fight the pandemic with a thriving economy or a crappy economy?

Because when I hear lockdowns, I hear "I need to quit my job to fight this pandemic" and "I think millions more unemployed and less supply is the cure for Covid".

Prove me wrong.

There's no reason for lockdowns if everybody acts responsibly and wears their ******* mask whenever they are out in public. Lockdowns are necessary when the public is uncooperative and hospital capacity is dangerously low. If you don't do a lockdown in that situation, you run the risk of having people dying in the streets, and the hospital parking lot.

We failed as a nation because we didn't have a unified national plan of attack and a president that showed 100% trust in his medical advisors. I absolutely believe, had Dr. Fauci and Birx been given 100% authority over this pandemic, we'd be sitting at a few thousand infections a day right now and less than 30k total deaths. It would essentially have been a Nothingburger in the context of distress and disruption. Our economy would be in MUCH better shape also.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Is that so. So what do you say to the study out of Italy where only 4% is community spread and the vast majority of cases were spread at homes? Kind of de-bunks your little "theory".
            Where do you think the people originally got infected before bringing it to their homes you nincompoop?

Comment

• Do masks help slow spread of COVID-19 in Kansas? One study says ‘Yes,’ by as much as 50%
              The End.

We are the dumbest nation in the world thanks to Trump.

We are currently battling Ecuador for the coveted #9 spot in the 2020 Covid Fail Challenge Cup. Mexico is leading us. Do they still have to dig their own holes to take a **** in Mexico?

When's November 3rd again?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There's no reason for lockdowns if everybody acts responsibly and wears their ******* mask whenever they are out in public. Lockdowns are necessary when the public is uncooperative and hospital capacity is dangerously low. If you don't do a lockdown in that situation, you run the risk of having people dying in the streets, and the hospital parking lot.

We failed as a nation because we didn't have a unified national plan of attack and a president that showed 100% trust in his medical advisors. I absolutely believe, had Dr. Fauci and Birx been given 100% authority over this pandemic, we'd be sitting at a few thousand infections a day right now and less than 30k total deaths. It would essentially have been a Nothingburger in the context of distress and disruption. Our economy would be in MUCH better shape also.
                LMFAO
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...246781727.html

The End.

We are the dumbest nation in the world thanks to Trump.

We are currently battling Ecuador for the coveted #9 spot in the 2020 Covid Fail Challenge Cup. Mexico is leading us. Do they still have to dig their own holes to take a **** in Mexico?

When's November 3rd again?
                  #trustingthedatatoomuch
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Maybe we can all get a bunch of these to pass around the mashed potatoes at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Naw, that's not necessary. Science has proven long ago that you primarily get Covid from the air, not by surfaces.

Maybe a few of you will need something like this though:

Pro Christmas tip: Maybe shop for a lovely pair of earrings to match Gramma's new nasal cannula.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

#trustingthedatatoomuch
                      #withoutdataitsjustanotheropinion

Cold, is there any data that proves the mandate leads to a higher propensity of mask usage? Polling data has shown 80% of Americans have been masking since early in the pandemic regardless of mandates. Any data that shows the other 20% are more willing to comply when it’s a mandate? Otherwise, how do we infer causation?

Comment

Where do you think the people originally got infected before bringing it to their homes you nincompoop?
                        Can't fight the data right? It is science.

Comment

Naw, that's not necessary. Science has proven long ago that you primarily get Covid from the air, not by surfaces.

Maybe a few of you will need something like this though:

Pro Christmas tip: Maybe shop for a lovely pair of earrings to match Gramma's new nasal cannula.
                          Hey, I am just trying to be a responsible citizen and follow King Newsom's rules. It's for the greater good right. We have to sit 6 feet apart outside to eat Christmas dinner. That's gonna be one big table. 10 people on each side, that's a 60 foot long table.

Comment

• she's hot!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

she's hot!
                              I bet she likes making out on park benches.

Comment

• Saw someone wearing this recently. Gonna get me one.

Comment

Working...
                                X