Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Not selfish at all. King Newsom's ruling from on high is the self-serving part.

And, I don't wish you well or luck at all.

And,, unlike you, I am not afraid of a virus that is mild to 80% of the people that get it and in my health and age range that is probably more like 95%. Same with anyone who I will be around during the holidays.
    You simply can't comprehend complex systems and neither can most of the Trump party.

But it's your attitude that betrays your innocence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Antibodies that will protect him when he is elderly?
      That would be the ideal situation. Unfortunately, in a pandemic, there are unintended consequences. With MKR though, I can't say for certain they are truly unintended. Without a doubt though, that gentleman is why rules and law were invented. He has confused freedom and rights with responsibility and sound judgment.

Comment

• Complex systems = regurgitating what I read on MSM and posting unoriginal thoughts to project some false superiority on a message board.

Sure thing Clod...

Comment

• Comment

• lmao
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

And,, unlike you, I am not afraid of a virus that is mild to 80% of the people that get it and in my health and age range that is probably more like 95%. Same with anyone who I will be around during the holidays.
              Good! Why don't you go to the dentist for your annual checkup and cleaning when the positivity rate in your community hits 20%. I imagine dentists are hurting with all the docs as well, since most old farts like me are deferring anything that is elective right now. Just think of it as you are helping the economy.

Co-worker of mine (in Colorado) did that and brought home the 'rona to his wife and less-than-1-year old (go google how long it takes for a child to develop immunity to 'normal' diseases). I had to go to the dentist (it was an emergency) and elected to have the tooth pulled rather than go back for further appointments because the positivity rate is kicking up and we've had about a 20% increase in transmission over the last couple of weeks. I mention that last part because it was ironic, we were talking about going to the dentist and how risky it was. He went to see his dentist a few days before I did.

He's been living in the basement for about a week. I met with him yesterday and he's saying he's fine, except he has a really congested cough. I think he's past the 7-8 day window where complications set in, so he will probably be fine. And not really a whole lot of symptoms, except for that cough.

But following your logic, I bet the guy who passed the infection through the office (perhaps a tech or the dentist itself) just needed to live his life as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Good! Why don't you go to the dentist for your annual checkup and cleaning when the positivity rate in your community hits 20%. I imagine dentists are hurting with all the docs as well, since most old farts like me are deferring anything that is elective right now. Just think of it as you are helping the economy.

Co-worker of mine (in Colorado) did that and brought home the 'rona to his wife and less-than-1-year old (go google how long it takes for a child to develop immunity to 'normal' diseases). I had to go to the dentist (it was an emergency) and elected to have the tooth pulled rather than go back for further appointments because the positivity rate is kicking up and we've had about a 20% increase in transmission over the last couple of weeks. I mention that last part because it was ironic, we were talking about going to the dentist and how risky it was. He went to see his dentist a few days before I did.

He's been living in the basement for about a week. I met with him yesterday and he's saying he's fine, except he has a really congested cough. I think he's past the 7-8 day window where complications set in, so he will probably be fine. And not really a whole lot of symptoms, except for that cough.

But following your logic, I bet the guy who passed the infection through the office (perhaps a tech or the dentist itself) just needed to live his life as well.
                I went to the dentist when the % positive was 18%.

We’ve had mandatory masking, social distancing, cleanings at the beginning and end of shift, and contact tracing since April 1 where I work. We just hit 50 cases in my building where 1000 people work.

It would probably be better if we just turned off the the treatments and ride this one out.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

On a day of giving, you've chosen the selfish route. How poignant.

Be heartened, you are not alone. And this is why America will make history this fateful winter season.

I would wish you luck but... ehh... **** it. You get what you deserve.
                  My mother passed away this summer. One of the last things she was able to do was spend a week at the lake with the family she loved doing the thing she loved. No masks. No social distancing. I guess we were selfish, but I am glad we were. I would have hated to deprive her of that last joy in her life. BTW she did not have Covid and nobody at the lake got it either.

People will die, but people also need to live.

But go ahead and deprive the grandmother her one last Christmas with her family.

Comment

• I'm just curious if there is anyone that is advocating lockdowns, are you going to be out of a job if said lockdown occurs? And you are willing to sacrifice your livelihood in the fight against Covid?
                    Do you think that we will be in a better position to fight the pandemic with a thriving economy or a crappy economy?

Because when I hear lockdowns, I hear "I need to quit my job to fight this pandemic" and "I think millions more unemployed and less supply is the cure for Covid".

Prove me wrong.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      I'm just curious if there is anyone that is advocating lockdowns, are you going to be out of a job if said lockdown occurs? And you are willing to sacrifice your livelihood in the fight against Covid?
                      Do you think that we will be in a better position to fight the pandemic with a thriving economy or a crappy economy?

Because when I hear lockdowns, I hear "I need to quit my job to fight this pandemic" and "I think millions more unemployed and less supply is the cure for Covid".

Prove me wrong.

The real problem with lock downs (strictly utilitarian view) is that you aren’t locking down everything. Healthcare and groceries remain open. Police and military continue. The virus still has hosts. All you’ve done is select who gets to keep working and who doesn’t.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I went to the dentist when the % positive was 18%.

We’ve had mandatory masking, social distancing, cleanings at the beginning and end of shift, and contact tracing since April 1 where I work. We just hit 50 cases in my building where 1000 people work.

It would probably be better if we just turned off the the treatments and ride this one out.
                        I had the tooth pulled rather than go through the 2-step (actually 3-step these days - the first appointment you get to talk to the billing person who asks how you want to pay and sets up the appointment). I also asked for an extra bottle of antibiotic mouthwash. Makes my teeth look crappy (discoloration), but could keep me from having to go back when this stuff starts ramping up down here (we're not there yet - it was in the 90's down here until this week).

I'll go go Mexico (Cancun or Nogales (family there) or Los Algodones (across from Yuma)) if I need a whole bunch of work after this is over.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The real problem with lock downs (strictly utilitarian view) is that you aren’t locking down everything. Healthcare and groceries remain open. Police and military continue. The virus still has hosts. All you’ve done is select who gets to keep working and who doesn’t.
                          Some of us have an option 3 (unless you work for Chase).....most people in financial services are already working from home. But I don't believe in lockdowns if we can avoid them. What we have to do to get to that point is to follow state/local/health expert guidance.

When people do not comply (some of the posters on this page, for instance), that's where the problems come in. They spread it around the community, which makes it worse and increases the chances that a lockdown will occur.

Comment

So it sounds like your co-worker had a mild case similar to 80% of all cases and about 95% of cases in his age range. Thank you for proving my point further.

Comment

Some of us have an option 3 (unless you work for Chase).....most people in financial services are already working from home. But I don't believe in lockdowns if we can avoid them. What we have to do to get to that point is to follow state/local/health expert guidance.

When people do not comply (some of the posters on this page, for instance), that's where the problems come in. They spread it around the community, which makes it worse and increases the chances that a lockdown will occur.
                              Is that so. So what do you say to the study out of Italy where only 4% is community spread and the vast majority of cases were spread at homes? Kind of de-bunks your little "theory".

Comment

• Maybe we can all get a bunch of these to pass around the mashed potatoes at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X