Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The CDC, WHO, and Faucci all said NO masking at that time. Trump shut down China and was called xenophobic. Over a week later NY and SF Dems were saying don’t worry. You’re a shallow MSM straw man. You know it and don’t care. You’re a bad person.
    You and the rest of the indoctrinated Trumpers know full well why the guidance on masks was given at the time. You're farming for likes in a tree of deluded, low-hanging fruits.

1) Trump "shutting down China" is a favorite of the propagandaholics. Of course, those of us "in the know" (meaning the infectious disease community as well as any clear-thinking, unindoctrinated American) understand that closing our borders to China was mostly symbolic as 10's of thousands of Chinese nationals were allowed to enter our country AFTER the closing.

2) We also know that the main strain of virus came from Europe - by way of China - wrecking the east coast and spreading across the entire U.S. Therefore, the Chinese border closing was, for all intents and purposes, meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Now I'm going to help any sincere person, who may be reading this post, better understand the whole "they didn't recommend masks in the beginning" by way of a short analogy. I know you understand the issue because you have medical training. You are either just mentally broken, trolling, or emotionally desperate. I don't have the time or interest to parse that out.

Imagine the United States was on the brink of war and an invasion on our homeland was imminent. Also imagine that we had a very average stockpile of ammunition and were caught by surprise by the hostile actions of another nation. A directive from the U.S. government would go out to all retail sources across the country advising them to remove the ammunition for civilian sale, reserving it for military use. There would also be a public statement asking folks not to try to horde ammunition. You see, if the military didn't have sufficient ammo, then civilians would become the first line of defense even though they aren't trained to fight. This is similar to reserving PPE for healthcare workers in a pandemic as they are also the first line of defense.

Of course outside of propagandist circle-jerks, we all know that masks for all soon became available and Trump and his clowns (TO THIS DAY) continue to downplay their effectiveness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      I would bet that had this virus been the plague and getting it was a death sentence, we'd be treating it 10000X more seriously. But that simply is not the case. The majority of people are not afraid of getting it. And that's the bottom line.

Right, Wrong, or indifferent
      Actually, had this virus cooperated like SARS-1 and MERS, it would have snuffed itself out (like they did) with little help from us. You see, when you contracted those viruses you became immediately quite ill and did not happily walk around oblivious to your public viral carpet bombing excursions so common with SARS-2. They also had a death rate of around 60%. A death rate like that is "convenient". This virus however is much more dangerous on a societal scale. A large portion is asymptomatic, a larger than acceptable portion has long-term symptoms, and a far greater than flu portion has very serious cases.

The majority of people who are "not afraid" are those lucky enough to have either not gotten infected yet, or have had an asymptomatic/extremely mild case. Then if those folk are political (thanks to The Dummy), they scream from the mountaintops that Covid is a hoax. This statement is why Covid-19 is so dangerous. It tricks your average low-information citizen - particularly when we only have a 10-15% penetration.

It really comes down to the biker who doesn't wear a helmet, or the the drunk driver that hasn't yet gotten caught. Everything's a joke until the day of reckoning arrives.

Understand this my friend, if you get a strong case of this virus like so many millions have before you, it will not be a joke any longer. Be smart. Be safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
        Seems to me like this would have the potential of being a super-spreader event like the Amy Comey Barrett shindig in the Rose Garden, which resulted in a cluster of 34 cases. I don't care where you are, if you have this happen about 3 or 4 times and don't cooperate with the contact tracers, you run the potential of having a big problem in your community whether it is a large or small. The resulting strain on our medical systems, especially if they run out of capacity, could result in people dying at home because they can't get treatment, not because the treatment would be substandard.
        Or the BLM and Antifa protests? Or are those immune from spreading Covid?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Actually, had this virus cooperated like SARS-1 and MERS, it would have snuffed itself out (like they did) with little help from us. You see, when you contracted those viruses you became immediately quite ill and did not happily walk around oblivious to your public viral carpet bombing excursions so common with SARS-2. They also had a death rate of around 60%. A death rate like that is "convenient". This virus however is much more dangerous on a societal scale. A large portion is asymptomatic, a larger than acceptable portion has long-term symptoms, and a far greater than flu portion has very serious cases.

The majority of people who are "not afraid" are those lucky enough to have either not gotten infected yet, or have had an asymptomatic/extremely mild case. Then if those folk are political (thanks to The Dummy), they scream from the mountaintops that Covid is a hoax. This statement is why Covid-19 is so dangerous. It tricks your average low-information citizen - particularly when we only have a 10-15% penetration.

It really comes down to the biker who doesn't wear a helmet, or the the drunk driver that hasn't yet gotten caught. Everything's a joke until the day of reckoning arrives.

Understand this my friend, if you get a strong case of this virus like so many millions have before you, it will not be a joke any longer. Be smart. Be safe.
          A large portion is asymptomatic but yet you’re “lucky” if you’re asymptomatic? If the odds are more likely that if you get it, it’ll be mild or symptom free, then how is that lucky? Isn’t that just science? That seems conflicting to me.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Or the BLM and Antifa protests? Or are those immune from spreading Covid?
            Funny how that stuff NEVER gets a mention, but a gathering of 50 people in the Rose Garden is malicious homicide.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Funny how that stuff NEVER gets a mention, but a gathering of 50 people in the Rose Garden is malicious homicide.
              And I was being diplomatic in calling them protests...

Comment

You and the rest of the indoctrinated Trumpers know full well why the guidance on masks was given at the time. You're farming for likes in a tree of deluded, low-hanging fruits.

1) Trump "shutting down China" is a favorite of the propagandaholics. Of course, those of us "in the know" (meaning the infectious disease community as well as any clear-thinking, unindoctrinated American) understand that closing our borders to China was mostly symbolic as 10's of thousands of Chinese nationals were allowed to enter our country AFTER the closing.

2) We also know that the main strain of virus came from Europe - by way of China - wrecking the east coast and spreading across the entire U.S. Therefore, the Chinese border closing was, for all intents and purposes, meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Now I'm going to help any sincere person, who may be reading this post, better understand the whole "they didn't recommend masks in the beginning" by way of a short analogy. I know you understand the issue because you have medical training. You are either just mentally broken, trolling, or emotionally desperate. I don't have the time or interest to parse that out.

Imagine the United States was on the brink of war and an invasion on our homeland was imminent. Also imagine that we had a very average stockpile of ammunition and were caught by surprise by the hostile actions of another nation. A directive from the U.S. government would go out to all retail sources across the country advising them to remove the ammunition for civilian sale, reserving it for military use. There would also be a public statement asking folks not to try to horde ammunition. You see, if the military didn't have sufficient ammo, then civilians would become the first line of defense even though they aren't trained to fight. This is similar to reserving PPE for healthcare workers in a pandemic as they are also the first line of defense.

Of course outside of propagandist circle-jerks, we all know that masks for all soon became available and Trump and his clowns (TO THIS DAY) continue to downplay their effectiveness.
                You can use this as your new ringer on you phone, Cold.

Comment

A large portion is asymptomatic but yet you’re “lucky” if you’re asymptomatic? If the odds are more likely that if you get it, it’ll be mild or symptom free, then how is that lucky? Isn’t that just science? That seems conflicting to me.
                  A large portion doesn't mean majority. And it's all relative to your age group. The Shockernet audience that continues to argue with me in here ranges from 35-85 yrs. old. That age group will have fewer asymptomatics than ages 0-21. And as I've stated before; mild is defined in the medical community as: not requiring hospitalization. Mild can absolutely be the sickest you've been in your life with lasting complications.

If you catch this bug and pass it with zero complications and little hardship beyond the age of 40, you are lucky. 90% of the people that have heart attacks survive them, but I'm quite certain they all feel lucky to have survived when it's all said and done.

Death is not the only bad outcome.

Stay safe! Avoid the alien, virus, plague if at all possible! Good times are ahead, but we have to go through one last difficult trial. The sun comes out after the rain.

Comment

A large portion doesn't mean majority. And it's all relative to your age group. The Shockernet audience that continues to argue with me in here ranges from 35-85 yrs. old. That age group will have fewer asymptomatics than ages 0-21. And as I've stated before; mild is defined in the medical community as: not requiring hospitalization. Mild can absolutely be the sickest you've been in your life with lasting complications.

If you catch this bug and pass it with zero complications and little hardship beyond the age of 40, you are lucky. 90% of the people that have heart attacks survive them, but I'm quite certain they all feel lucky to have survived when it's all said and done.

Death is not the only bad outcome.

Stay safe! Avoid the alien, virus, plague if at all possible! Good times are ahead, but we have to go through one last difficult trial. The sun comes out after the rain.
                    How do you know so much about a virus we know so little about? How do you know what’s going to happen? Why are you only focusing on the 10%?

I just find it baffling that the most contagious disease on the planet has only “infected” .5% of the world’s population in 9 months.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How do you know so much about a virus we know so little about? How do you know what’s going to happen? Why are you only focusing on the 10%?

I just find it baffling that the most contagious disease on the planet has only “infected” .5% of the world’s population in 9 months.
                      I know a lot about a lot of things my friend. :)

The virus's penetration speed (or lack thereof) is a testament to the resilience and ingenuity of humanity. Our country is essentially dead last in that effort of course, but many parts of the world have been making this virus their *****. It takes a cooperative effort and strong leadership with unwavering vision. The majority of people are sheep and they just want a shepherd they can trust.

If you feel confused or at a loss for perspective, just go back to what you were thinking in Jan., Feb., March. Then compare/contrast that to today. You will start to understand how big changes can be almost imperceivable when viewed under a daily microscope.

I had a conversation with my father back in March when we had only a couple thousand deaths in America. I tried to explain to him what was coming. I used the lily pad story. He laughed and said this isn't even close to the flu. He still denies the reality of the situation today. Denial is a powerful mechanism humans use to relive themselves of pain/anxiety. When you have a president that traffics in the same psychological opiate, there's bound to be a lot of confusion, so don't worry too much about it.

Listen to me though and you'll be in the 99th percentile of civilization with respect to health, wealth, safety, survival, natural selection, etc. I see the endgame in just about everything. You could call it a gift, I would call it a curse. I wish I was "normal". I wish I responded naturally to advertisements, authority, "shepherding". I see all the gimmicks, deceptions, manipulations, control mechanisms; I see them from a mile away... and it is a source of continual discomfort.

I would gladly give up all the advantages my mind (or whatever it is) has afforded me in my lifetime to just stop seeing what's behind the curtain. I wanna suspend my "reality" for a moment and enjoy the film like the producers, directors, and actors intended. Ignorance is truly bliss.
                      Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; October 21, 2020, 05:19 PM. Reason: Unacceptable Grammar!

Comment

• NM

Comment

YOU said he should have listened to the scientists about masking. He did.

YOU said we should have masked since day one. That’s the opposite of the science on day one.

Which is it?

YOU said we know why they said not to mask. That is true and contradicts both the things you are blaming Trump for. You have set up an unfalsifiable anti-Trump Religion.

You are not an honest person. You know all of this and you lie.

Never attribute to malice, that which can be attributed to ignorance. You are not ignorant. You are a bad person with bad intentions and bad faith arguments.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

YOU said he should have listened to the scientists about masking. He did.
                            Nope.

C'mon man! *Biden voice*

Originally posted by wufan View Post

YOU said we should have masked since day one. That’s the opposite of the science on day one.
                            That is my personal opinion. But it's also science. We had a supply problem. Asians masked up immediately.

When the supply problem was solved, Trump and his legion of deniers attacked both masking and social distancing, and the very viral threat itself through too many means to list here. Spoken word, dog whistles, surrogates, retweets, inter-departmental policy changes, staffing changes, etc. etc. etc.

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            You are not an honest person. You know all of this and you lie.

You are a bad person with bad intentions and bad faith arguments.
                            Why wufan, what an ugly thing to say...

P.S. I might be the most honest man you know... and that's not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

Nope.

C'mon man! *Biden voice*

That is my personal opinion. But it's also science. We had a supply problem. Asians masked up immediately.

When the supply problem was solved, Trump and his legion of deniers attacked both masking and social distancing, and the very viral threat itself through too many means to list here. Spoken word, dog whistles, surrogates, retweets, inter-departmental policy changes, staffing changes, etc. etc. etc.

Why wufan, what an ugly thing to say...

P.S. I might be the most honest man you know... and that's not necessarily a good thing.
                              And the most honest man I know skipped the unfalsifiable truth.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Don't forget superspreader too. Only Republicans can be superspreaders though. Democratic love defeats the superspreader gene.

Comment

Working...
                                X