Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m going to wear 3!
    What a concept; I’m going to start wearing three pairs of underwear.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why the Best Leaders Set Unreasonable Goals

You are so blinded by politics you can't even appreciate the monumental global effort undertaken by various private industries, the Trump administration, local governments far and wide, and countless foreign entities to bring about the vaccinations at a historically breathtaking pace.

That's one hell of an uplifting human story that has unfolded right before your eyes, yet once again due to politics you have missed it completely.
      you see the glass half-full, I see it half-empty. I don't think a bunch of role models running around with out masks and not socially distancing is an uplifting human story. I see room for improvement, an opportunity to do better.

Hey, don't you believe in six-sigma or are you one of those 'that's close enough' people?

Edit: Checked the article you linked. I can align to that. If you don't have (and most of us don't) the internal discipline to push yourself, you need a leader to help you do it.

The best manager I ever worked for at HP was obsessive about getting the work done. He had your back 100%, 24 X 7, but you would catch pure hell if you missed a deadline.

We have different contexting from reading this, you are looking at it from an emotional aspect (are you Asian? I would think that's unusual to react emotionally), I'm looking at this from the aspect that if you accept normal, that's what you will get. If you compromise, that's what you will get.

Always room for improvement.
      Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; January 26, 2021, 06:46 AM.

Comment

SubGod22 , what do you think about the Mises caucus?
        I follow the Mises caucus on FB and Twitter. I get their appeal to many and the negatives that others feel towards them. They bring a lot of good to the plate, but I do tend to be a bit more pragmatic in my approach as a whole. I'm not one to take sides on that issue as some have. I'm open to many points of view and then decide from there on specific issues. There is a lot of growth connected to the caucus and that's a good thing. I believe they're an overall benefit to spreading the libertarian message and that's never a bad thing. All political parties have their disagreements on how things should be done or priorities of issues.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Germany, Austria and France have announced new measures that push fabric masks aside. European leaders have tied the policy changes to efforts to fend off fast-spreading coronavirus variants.

A number of European countries have announced new mask recommendations and requirements, pushing aside fabric masks in favor of surgical masks or medical-grade respirators.

In Germany, the federal and state governments introduced measures last week making medical masks — identified as surgical masks or KN95 or FFP2 masks — mandatory in stores and on public transit. It also issued a recommendation that medical masks be worn whenever there is close or prolonged contact with other people, particularly in enclosed spaces.

FFP2 is a European standard promising filtration similar to that of N95 or KN95 respirators.

The government said that in light of the new coronavirus variants, medical masks "offer greater protection than normal cloth masks, which are not subject to any standards with regard to their effectiveness."

"We must take the danger posed by this variant very, very seriously, and we must slow the spread of this variant as far as possible," said Chancellor Angela Merkel.

The German state of Bavaria had already introduced rules requiring FFP2 masks on transit and in shops. The federal government earlier announced it would distribute millions of FFP2 masks to people over 60 and those with chronic conditions.
          Germany continues to lead by example in the West w/ the war on Covid. Well done Angela!

Of course, CB was ordering his first box of N95 variants wayyyy back in February 2020... but few should ever be expected to live up to CB's pandemic protocol. :P

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...asks-in-public

Germany continues to lead by example in the West w/ the war on Covid. Well done Angela!

Of course, CB was ordering his first box of N95 variants wayyyy back in February 2020... but few should ever be expected to live up to CB's pandemic protocol. :P
            It’s a miracle I’m alive!
            Livin the dream

Comment

It’s a miracle I’m alive!
              It is. With 200 million people dying, it is a miracle any of us have survived.

Comment

• Looks like sh!t for brains Cuomo tried to cover up nursing home deaths, which they apparently under reported by 50%. What a disaster this idiot is. Still want to defend him Clod? He was the hero of Covid right? Not surprisingly, Mr. Loudmouth is strangely silent. Where are the calls for his job?

#unity

New York Attorney General Letitia James said that the state Department of Health underreported nursing home deaths due to the coronavirus by as much as 50%, according to a report released Thursday. 

New York Attorney General Letitia James said that the state Department of Health underreported COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes by as much as 50%, according to a report released Thursday.

The report holds New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's feet to the fire for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic in the early months of 2020, after he directed nursing homes in the Empire State to accept patients who had or were suspected of having COVID-19. The decision created an onslaught of COVID-19 cases that infected thousands of elderly patients and resulted in hundreds of deaths among the state's most vulnerable population.
                The state Department of Health reported that as of Jan. 27, 2021 there were 5,957 confirmed deaths due to the coronavirus in nursing homes and an additional 2,783 presumed deaths. In assisted care facilities, there were 160 deaths and 52 presumed deaths.

Cuomo has defended the nursing home policy as in-line with guidance from the Trump administration at the time. The governor was silent Thursday following the new AG report and did not respond to Fox News' immediate request for comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Looks like sh!t for brains Cuomo tried to cover up nursing home deaths, which they apparently under reported by 50%. What a disaster this idiot is. Still want to defend him Clod? He was the hero of Covid right? Not surprisingly, Mr. Loudmouth is strangely silent. Where are the calls for his job?

#unity

New York Attorney General Letitia James said that the state Department of Health underreported nursing home deaths due to the coronavirus by as much as 50%, according to a report released Thursday. 

Haven’t you read his book? He’s a hero of the republic!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Haven’t you read his book? He’s a hero of the republic!
                    Yep. He's so busy patting himself on the back and yuckin it up with his dumba$$ brother he forgot to report the deaths I suppose. Lol.

Comment

• Sedgwick County positivity rate dips to 7.6%, it’s lowest since October.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Sedgwick County positivity rate dips to 7.6%, it’s lowest since October.
                        Which means a pep band at WSU games!

Comment

• Cuomo sticking to the narrative and shifting blame to Trump. This dufus is so predictable. He should be recalled like Gavin is on his way to.

Comment

• Why isn’t Cold bumping this thing up anymore?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Cuomo sticking to the narrative and shifting blame to Trump. This dufus is so predictable. He should be recalled like Gavin is on his way to.
                              I don't think that current New York law allows a recall like Newsome. It's either a lot more difficult or the law has to be totally changed so he probably feels safe.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/politics/iow...s-restrictions

Iowa governor lifts mask requirements, other coronavirus restrictions

A celebration of idiocy from Propaganda Central.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds on Friday lifted coronavirus restrictions that had been in place in the state since before Thanksgiving.

The Republican’s latest health proclamation won’t require Iowans to wear masks while inside public buildings and removes limits on both indoor and outdoor gatherings.

"I strongly encourage that all businesses or other employers remaining open with in-person operations take reasonable measures under the circumstances of each establishment to ensure the health of employees, patrons and members of the public, including social distancing practices, increased hygiene practices and other public health measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19," the proclamation said, according to KCCI-TV in Des Moines.
                                She does away with masks then says to stay safe. Complete incoherency and almost identical in spirit to the former president.

Jessica Dunker, president and CEO of the Iowa Restaurant Association, praised the order, which dispenses with social distancing requirements in restaurants and bars.

But Lina Tucker Reinders, executive director of the Iowa Public Health Association, said she thinks the restrictions are being lifted too early.

"I don't think it's a good idea, to put it bluntly," she said, according to the Register. "We're not out of the pandemic yet."

Rep. Cindy Axne, the lone Democratic U.S. congressperson from Iowa, called the decision "short-sighted, ill-conceived, and dangerous."

In Des Moines, Mayor Frank Cownie said the city's mask mandate would remain in effect, KCCI reported.

"To me, the science has been very clear. When you see a spread like we're seeing in the state of Iowa and in Polk County, we need to be more diligent," Cownie told the station.
                                Trump's legacy regarding the war on reality, health, and common sense continues...

Only after what we've been through with the demented former administration could I ever find myself saying the following: "Thank GOD for the Democrats..."

Comment

Working...
                                X