Coronavirus 2019-nCov: Political Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Are you going to wave to Sweden as we blow past their deaths per capita next week? Did they take the virus more seriously than we did?
    Apples and oranges my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I haven't the time to respond to every post sport, don't take it personal. I don't get paid to do this, although maybe I should. If we were all debating live (VOIP) I would have shut down all the chatter long ago. But as it stands, ya'll will just have to die by a thousand tiny cuts (posts). I'd rather it not be this way. I'd rather we all just talk about the situation in a rational, friendly manner. But it is so emotionally charged at this point. The horses are out of the barn so to speak. Thanks Donald.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-projections

Masks matter. It doesn't matter how they matter, they just do. Every time someone makes a politically charged statement and emboldens another misled and confused soul, we fall further behind in the race. A helpful attitude equates to lives saved. Start taking the situation seriously and ask those in your circle to do so as well.
      I’ve seen similar statements all over - that cases are down because mask usage is up. Is there any proof that that mask usage is in fact up? How is that being quantified? The only stats I’ve been able to find paint a different picture. https://today.yougov.com/topics/heal...-has-caught-us
      While mask usage has continued to increase according to the survey, it has been a very slow increase since May. Hardly a smoking gun.
      Also just a heads up, the same source shows that the us has been better than Germany about mask wearing since the beginning of the outbreak.
      https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...asks-1.5013802

More than happy to review other sources if you have them.
      Last edited by shoxtop; August 28, 2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• I still scratch my head at the ideologically entrenched posters on this board. In the face of all the science... I mean, you guys are not dummies. How on earth do you put so much faith in a borderline (maybe not borderline) immoral commercial real estate developer with a glaring narcissistic personality disorder? This isn't global warming where you can debate the minutia with no pending consequences. This is the equivalent of a masked man holding a gun to your head and you're calling it the pizza delivery guy. Really befuddling. Perhaps I'm the victim of a community-wide trolling effort. I hope that's the case as it would mean ya'll are taking the appropriate measures, encouraging your neighbors, and helping us right a steadily sinking ship.

But I have my doubts. I would bet most all of you debating me are truly invested in Trump to the point that you cannot see the truth any longer. That is a sadness.

But... ignorance is bliss also and I do love the idea of ignorance in the context of existential threats. I don't have that luxury unfortunately. And it is impossible for me to hear the song of the pied piper.

Have a great AND SAFE weekend everyone! Thanks for the chit chat!

Comment

I still scratch my head at the ideologically entrenched posters on this board. In the face of all the science... I mean, you guys are not dummies. How on earth do you put so much faith in a borderline (maybe not borderline) immoral commercial real estate developer with a glaring narcissistic personality disorder? This isn't global warming where you can debate the minutia with no pending consequences. This is the equivalent of a masked man holding a gun to your head and you're calling it the pizza delivery guy. Really befuddling. Perhaps I'm the victim of a community-wide trolling effort. I hope that's the case as it would mean ya'll are taking the appropriate measures, encouraging your neighbors, and helping us right a steadily sinking ship.

But I have my doubts. I would bet most all of you debating me are truly invested in Trump to the point that you cannot see the truth any longer. That is a sadness.

But... ignorance is bliss also and I do love the idea of ignorance in the context of existential threats. I don't have that luxury unfortunately. And it is impossible for me to hear the song of the pied piper.

Have a great AND SAFE weekend everyone! Thanks for the chit chat!
          I can’t stand trump. Didn’t vote for him in 2016 and won’t vote for him in 2020. Care to continue the scientific part of the discussion now?

Comment

I can’t stand trump. Didn’t vote for him in 2016 and won’t vote for him in 2020. Care to continue the scientific part of the discussion now?
            I can't. I gotta go bro. "Gotta go see about a girl."

(Can you name that movie?)

Lemme offer you this parting word: I was thinking about your comments the other day on herd immunity in the context of variation in susceptibility. I just want to say, it's more interesting than I first thought. My knee-jerk reaction at this point is to look at everything sent my way with great suspicion due to the prevailing bias. Your contribution will receive additional attention at my next opportunity. I've already begun a little research. Thank you.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

• Nm
              Last edited by wufan; August 28, 2020, 08:44 PM.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I can't. I gotta go bro. "Gotta go see about a girl."

(Can you name that movie?)

Lemme offer you this parting word: I was thinking about your comments the other day on herd immunity in the context of variation in susceptibility. I just want to say, it's more interesting than I first thought. My knee-jerk reaction at this point is to look at everything sent my way with great suspicion due to the prevailing bias. Your contribution will receive additional attention at my next opportunity. I've already begun a little research. Thank you.

Have a great weekend!
                I look forward to a bit of civil discourse on the topic. Your boy may not be “wicked smart” on this particular topic but always interested to hear both sides so I can make my own, educated decisions.

Comment

I still scratch my head at the ideologically entrenched posters on this board. In the face of all the science... I mean, you guys are not dummies. How on earth do you put so much faith in a borderline (maybe not borderline) immoral commercial real estate developer with a glaring narcissistic personality disorder?
                  You mean this guy?

symbolic.jpg

Comment

I look forward to a bit of civil discourse on the topic. Your boy may not be “wicked smart” on this particular topic but always interested to hear both sides so I can make my own, educated decisions.

I will await your opening argument.

Comment

• https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-...tream/12623118

I'm putting this here because it is Corona related.

Not in America, but.... when I hear people from the U.K., Australia and other great places bag on the U.S. as being backwards and how we are a joke because of Trump, I just think that this is what they live with. No thanks. If we are a joke, it's because of our continually triggered left and people that want to live by government edicts and all be the same ie miserable and ignorant. If we are a joke it's because of people who don't want to think for themselves, have no sense of individuality and are fooled into believing snake oil salesmen in the form of environmentalists, social justice warriors and whatever other grievance fills theirs wallets at that particular time, and becoming their army of woke.

Something tells me that the people that advocate this behavior of our government are not real big Trump fans.

This is why I still support Trump because at the very least, it will buy 4 more years until this kind of crap becomes reality in America.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/sports/vikin...s-die-mask.amp

Vikings' Kirk Cousins unafraid to die from coronavirus, still wears mask out of respect for others
                        This is how a real man acts. I do hope he has reproduced.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/vikin...s-die-mask.amp

You should reach out, he might meet you on a park bench somewhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You should reach out, he might meet you on a park bench somewhere...
                            Knock yourself out brother! It's 2020!

My schedule is currently full in the area of love and romance.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/vikin...s-die-mask.amp

ceremony.jpg

"צא, דיימון, מכיוון שאני כובל אותך בקשרי אדמנטינה בלתי ניתנים לשבירה, ואני מגיש אותך לתוהו ובוהו השחור באבדון.

Come out of him!

Comment

• I know I have a bias, but I have no idea how a person, ANY person, could not be appalled at Pelosi's demand for an apology from a small business owner being driven out of business by horrible government interference.

A lifetime of suckling at the taxpayer teat, going from basically nothing to a net worth of close to 9 effing figures, and she has the audacity to blame the shop owner and accuse her of setting her up...by having her own assistant set it up? You could not make it up if you tried.

And that she'll get away with it, and still be the speaker, tells you exactly how effed up our political system is today. Shameful.

Comment

Working...
                                X