Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Okay, to be totally fair, you expounded on how the ACE2 receptors confound the immune system (which is covered at the end of the article), but that is only one of many peculiar alien effects. And regardless of the knowledge we gain on the "how" and the "when" with regards to this insidious virus... I'd like to know the "why". Just a "lucky" evolutionary mutation? I'd really believe aliens before I'd believe this virus just got lucky at the Wuhan wet market. Whether it was by accident or on purpose, this virus came out of a lab. It's natural evolutionary path was altered.

Now I know it wasn't "made" in the lab, it was just "helped along" a little for purposes that could have originally been totally benign. The little Republican in me wants to scream CHINA! CHINA! CHINA! But the analyst says, risk/reward. Why would China risk a DNA trail ending at their lab - especially since we are more advanced than them in these matters.

There's just no way a virus comes equipped with such 'James Bond' weaponry like the ACE2 bugaboo straight from the jungle. I could imagine a CoV2 mutating to become something really sinister over time, but not straight out of the gate. The jump from the animal to the human is so tenuous, the virus is lucky to even be able to reproduce, let alone pull off all this Houdini **** with pre-symptomatic contagious viral blooms. Like the Theist's argument of the hand of God being apparent in nature all around us, I say this virus has a creator until someone can explain to me in small words why all these "evolved" traits were necessary to survive in the ass of a bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Okay, to be totally fair, you expounded on how the ACE2 receptors confound the immune system (which is covered at the end of the article), but that is only one of many peculiar alien effects. And regardless of the knowledge we gain on the "how" and the "when" with regards to this insidious virus... I'd like to know the "why". Just a "lucky" evolutionary mutation? I'd really believe aliens before I'd believe this virus just got lucky at the Wuhan wet market. Whether it was by accident or on purpose, this virus came out of a lab. It's natural evolutionary path was altered.

Now I know it wasn't "made" in the lab, it was just "helped along" a little for purposes that could have originally been totally benign. The little Republican in me wants to scream CHINA! CHINA! CHINA! But the analyst says, risk/reward. Why would China risk a DNA trail ending at their lab - especially since we are more advanced than them in these matters.

There's just no way a virus comes equipped with such 'James Bond' weaponry like the ACE2 bugaboo straight from the jungle. I could imagine a CoV2 mutating to become something really sinister over time, but not straight out of the gate. The jump from the animal to the human is so tenuous, the virus is lucky to even be able to reproduce, let alone pull off all this Houdini **** with pre-symptomatic contagious viral blooms. Like the Theist's argument of the hand of God being apparent in nature all around us, I say this virus has a creator until someone can explain to me in small words why all these "evolved" traits were necessary to survive in the ass of a bat.
      It was luck.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• A while back I discussed hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) as a treatment for covid 19. Here is some very strong research that backs up HBO as a successful treatment for hospitalized covid pts. My guess, it won't catch on. That disappoints me.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I think I'll post only the link in the political thread.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            A while back I discussed hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) as a treatment for covid 19. Here is some very strong research that backs up HBO as a successful treatment for hospitalized covid pts. My guess, it won't catch on. That disappoints me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...b2H6PykcSJjHHM
            My guess is that it might catch on around...say Nov. 4th.

Comment

He didn't explain anything. I just chose to not be combative and call him out on it.

Now go back to the kid's table you lemming.
              I admit I don’t understand it but you’re a joke and can’t explain it either. LOL

Comment

• This is the real tragedy and real pandemic going on in our country. Such a shame.

https://news.yahoo.com/hidden-covid-...154512496.html
                Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; October 28, 2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/21/long...-longterm.html

Nobody talks much about the Covid Syndrome of the future. This is what could be the most devastating aspect of this insidious, alien virus. The hits will just keep on coming for quite a while.

Remain steadfast my friends. Avoid this bug like the plague.
                  Long term = 8 weeks.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

All viruses work in this way. They hit certain receptors in the body. If they don’t activate a receptor, they can’t proliferate, and the virus isn’t harmful to a human, but maybe a different host. This one happens to hit the ACE II receptors which causes a cascade of effects.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      A while back I discussed hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) as a treatment for covid 19. Here is some very strong research that backs up HBO as a successful treatment for hospitalized covid pts. My guess, it won't catch on. That disappoints me.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...b2H6PykcSJjHHM
                      I cancelled my HBO subscription after game of thrones ended.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        This is the real tragedy and real pandemic going on in our country. Such a shame.

https://news.yahoo.com/hidden-covid-...154512496.html
                        False equivalence.

The real tragedy is our out-of-control infections.

Comment

False equivalence.

Which it being a virus cannot be stopped unless everybody boards up their homes for a month. And I mean everybody. No essential workers or anybody.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Not a false equivalence at all. He died as a result of the Covid lockdown not from the virus itself. He was a perfectly healthy and happy man until they stripped away his rights to see his family and friends.

Comment

False equivalence.

So some deaths are more important than others?

Selfish and, quite frankly, assholic.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Not a false equivalence at all. He died as a result of the Covid lockdown not from the virus itself. He was a perfectly healthy and happy man until they stripped away his rights to see his family and friends.
                                Not only a false equivalence but dangerous propaganda.

In the beginning... there was a mask denier (Trump).

He also didn't believe in unifying the pandemic effort across the U.S. (let the states deal with it how they like... yeah, that works LOL)

That got us to where we are today.

All the old folks "withering away" in nursing homes have access to plenty of interaction with fellow residents, healthcare workers, and television (and boy do they LOVE television!).

Family should have been able to visit with resident family members outdoors. There is also video phone calls.

Many nursing home residents have dementia and do not know the difference between their daughter and their neighbor.

In the few situations where a nursing home resident is fully cognizant of reality and relationships, they would be sufficiently supported by phone/video calls, outdoor talks, gifts, letters, etc.

One of the people in the story that "withered away and died due to neglect" was in his late 90's. He's lived a good life. How do we know he wasn't dying already?

I am willing to admit that there are some who are suffering from social distancing. Hell, I'm suffering! But trying to build an argument for free access to nursing homes because of depression based on a lack of in-person family visits, is completely asinine and totally contradictory to common sense. It even flies in the face of the main (poor) argument all the Covid Deniers have been making on this fine forum: protect the elderly and let the young GO FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Open the nursing homes wide and we'll see carnage like never before in the history of this country. We may anyways.

But you don't solve complex problems by making poor (low probability) decisions. Allowing unfettered access to the most vulnerable by the most infectious, is a poor decision.

The End!

Next!

Comment

Working...
                                X