No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN had Karl Cameron, formerly of FoxNews on yesterday. I was embarrassed for everyone on TV that spoke. There’s literally no place to get unbiased news anymore. It’s up to each person.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      I put up with CNN for about five minutes today (exactly 4:59 too long) and they are just itching to get back to mask wearing so they can blame it on a certain voting demographic. I’m really not an overly politically passionate person but to ignore other groups and categories of people that won’t get vaccinated is simply wanton and willful media misconduct.
      Like the group of idiot Texas Dems who tried to circumvent democracy by bailing on a chartered plane (maskless) and a bunch ended up getting Covid. What has CNN said about this? My guess is nothing.

Comment

• India’s excess deaths during Covid ‘could be 10 times official toll’

The number of excess deaths in India during the Covid-19 pandemic could be 10 times higher than the official death toll, according to a study that estimates that between 3 million and 4.7 million more people died than would be expected between January 2020 and June 2021.

The study, carried out by the US-based Center for Global Development, examined three different sources of data to piece together one of the most comprehensive pictures yet of the pandemic in India.

“India’s official Covid death count as of end-June 2021 is 400,000,” the report says. “The reality is, of course, catastrophically worse … What is tragically clear is that too many people, in the millions rather than hundreds of thousands, may have died.”
        Looks like my prediction on India came true after all. Poor ol' 'Fever, he just can't get on base to save his life; fielder's choice, hit by pitch,... nothin'. :(

For context: worldwide, 300-600k die annually from influenza. The real number of current Covid deaths in the world could be in the neighborhood of 10-15M. So about 20-30x the impact in deaths compared to the average influenza season. This is not taking into consideration Long Covid which is going to bring its own brand of suffering - and it will number in the many 10's of millions worldwide.

Comment

• Georgia Republican Marjorie Taylor Greene has been a vocal critic of vaccines and the use of masks.

Twitter suspends Marjorie Taylor Greene over 'misleading' Covid posts

Twitter has suspended Republican lawmaker Marjorie Taylor Greene for posting "misleading" information about coronavirus.

The social media giant said her account would be in "read-only mode" for 12 hours.

Ms Greene, a Republican congresswoman, has been an outspoken critic of vaccines and the use of masks.

Last month she apologised for likening coronavirus mask rules to the treatment of Jews in Nazi Germany.

In two tweets on Monday, she argued that vaccines should not be required, and that Covid was not dangerous for people aged under 65 who are not obese.
          Bravo! Shut that clown down. She traffics in lies and deception (like her orange mentor) - all for a little political edge from the lowest common denominator.

I'd like to see Biden & Co. press federal charges against her for reckless endangerment. Every time she opens her mouth she is responsible for more death and suffering.

Comment

• https://www.kwch.com/2021/07/19/72-p...dgwick-county/

72 patients hospitalized with COVID-19 in Sedgwick County

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The number of people hospitalized with COVID-19 continues to creep up in Sedgwick County.

The county now says there are 72 patients in local hospitals battling the coronavirus up from 38 on July 14. The number of patients in intensive care is also on the rise, up 8, from 15 on July 14 to 23 today (July 19).

Ascension Via Christi said it has 46 of the county’s patients hospitalized with COVID-19 and 12 are in the ICU. The hospital said the cases nearly doubled in a week from 20 hospitalized patients and 6 in the ICU on July 13. Generally, all patients with the virus have been unvaccinated, the hospital said.

This is something that is happening all over the country. Cases of COVID-19 are up in 50 states and that hasn’t happened since January.
            And hereeeeeeee they come! You could set your watch by it.

I've got to believe the Biden Administration watching this unfold all across the nation when the solution is so easy, just want to reach out and choke somebody. I wish they'd choke Trump, Marjorie, et al.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Like the group of idiot Texas Dems who tried to circumvent democracy by bailing on a chartered plane (maskless) and a bunch ended up getting Covid. What has CNN said about this? My guess is nothing.
              It was widely covered by every print news desk.

Why the outrage though? It's their right to be maskless, vaccineless, and whatever else-less they want to be. It's even their right to spread this filthy, alien, disease to whomever they choose. Because..... RiGhTs. Victims be damned!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                CNN had Karl Cameron, formerly of FoxNews on yesterday. I was embarrassed for everyone on TV that spoke. There’s literally no place to get unbiased news anymore. It’s up to each person.
                You actually watch CNN?

The last television news program I watched was Tucker on YouTube probably 4 months ago. Something very stupid was said in the heading and I wanted to see if the same stupid thing actually came out of the propagandist's mouth. No surprises there.

Otherwise, I haven't watched any television news since 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  I put up with CNN for about five minutes today (exactly 4:59 too long) and they are just itching to get back to mask wearing so they can blame it on a certain voting demographic. I’m really not an overly politically passionate person but to ignore other groups and categories of people that won’t get vaccinated is simply wanton and willful media misconduct.
                  Nice try.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

It was widely covered by every print news desk.

Why the outrage though? It's their right to be maskless, vaccineless, and whatever else-less they want to be. It's even their right to spread this filthy, alien, disease to whomever they choose. Because..... RiGhTs. Victims be damned!
                    I've got no problem with them going maskless if they are vaccinated. There is no reason to wear a mask if vaccinated. I know I will not do it.

What I think is laughable is that these are the same people who are lecturing others about masking and social distancing. More of the do what I say not what I do crowd and idiot politicians who think they know what's best for people. Several of them continued to urge people to wear masks after being vaccinated because they didn't like the Texas governor.

Get a grip, unplug, and think for yourself Clod...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I've got no problem with them going maskless if they are vaccinated. There is no reason to wear a mask if vaccinated. I know I will not do it.

What I think is laughable is that these are the same people who are lecturing others about masking and social distancing. More of the do what I say not what I do crowd and idiot politicians who think they know what's best for people. Several of them continued to urge people to wear masks after being vaccinated because they didn't like the Texas governor.

Get a grip, unplug, and think for yourself Clod...
                      If they were hypocrites (I know very little about the story), then hopefully they will be excommunicated from their group and sent to live the rest of their years w/ the Covidiots.

Comment

• Cold, The Biden Admin appreciates your efforts.

I think that they will take your actions into consideration when they take a look at your gun collection and decide which ones you don't need. They might even let you keep the tranq gun.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Cold, The Biden Admin appreciates your efforts.

I think that they will take your actions into consideration when they take a look at your gun collection and decide which ones you don't need. They might even let you keep the tranq gun.
                          That's a whole 'nother subject. The issue at hand is Covid.

Btw, I don't see Biden as a gun grabber.

I do think there are increased safety measures that could be implemented. For example: everybody should get their guns through an FFL, even father-to-son. Plenty of sons out there who are nuttier than a fruitcake. More guns in the hands of trained "good shepherds" will take care of school, mall, church, theater, etc. shootings. Terrorist shootists are cowards by and large.

Comment

That's a whole 'nother subject. The issue at hand is Covid.

Btw, I don't see Biden as a gun grabber.

I do think there are increased safety measures that could be implemented. For example: everybody should get their guns through an FFL, even father-to-son. Plenty of sons out there who are nuttier than a fruitcake. More guns in the hands of trained "good shepherds" will take care of school, mall, church, theater, etc. shootings. Terrorist shootists are cowards by and large.
                            Rights is Rights.

The left don't like none of em. They will let you know which ones you need.

Personally, I like all of them, even the ones that let stupid people do stupid things.

Darwinism is not a bad thing.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Rights is Rights.

The left don't like none of em. They will let you know which ones you need.

Personally, I like all of them, even the ones that let stupid people do stupid things.

Darwinism is not a bad thing.
                              How is some Covidiot infecting your mom and killing her not a bad thing?

Again, the individual's actions in a pandemic have far-reaching implications. Pandemics are a special situation that require very specialized solutions - not dissimilar to if our shores were invaded by a human foreign enemy. Some of our basic civil rights would immediately be ceded. And we wouldn't argue about it either.

This never would have become political had a different person been in the White House at the time. He used this situation in the worst way imaginable to further divide the people when they could least afford to be divided. Donald effing Trump was the viruses best friend. There is no debating that.

Comment

How is some Covidiot infecting your mom and killing her not a bad thing?

Again, the individual's actions in a pandemic have far-reaching implications. Pandemics are a special situation that require very specialized solutions - not dissimilar to if our shores were invaded by a human foreign enemy. Some of our basic civil rights would immediately be ceded. And we wouldn't argue about it either.

This never would have become political had a different person been in the White House at the time. He used this situation in the worst way imaginable to further divide the people when they could least afford to be divided. Donald effing Trump was the viruses best friend. There is no debating that.
                                My mother is vaccinated, so she is fine, as am I and my family. I don't believe vaccinated people are dropping dead at this time, just the unvaccinated (Which they are free to get, if not... that's their fault).

And you are correct, it never would have been political if Trump wasn't president. The media and the Dems used the pandemic to crash the economy and undermine DJT on everything. I remember Kamala and Biden saying they didn't trust the vaccine because Trump was president. I wonder if that is why the black and Latino community are well below average in vaccinations. Hmmm...

Just me, but I think Covid is pretty much in check among the vaccinated and we don't need to keep hammering on it being otherwise. It's here to stay, unfortunately, (Thanks, China) but it's manageable. Get the vaccine.

Comment

Working...
                                X