No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sedgwick County hospitals reach critical level for COVID-19, impact extends beyond Wichita area

Comment

• Surge in virus threatens to reverse global economic rebounds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        Pubished Journal study shows that mouthwash inactivates greater than 99.9% of Coronavirus's after a two minute contact time.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/human...l-rinses-study
        Here's a suggestion....inject bleach, your guy says it works better.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Here's a suggestion....inject bleach, your guy says it works better.
          Fake news.

President Donald Trump is walking back what he said during an April 23 coronavirus press briefing about using disinfecta
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Damn, you're going to lose your conservative creds if you keep posting links to left-wing sites (at least that was the response here when I linked something to politifact here). I'd be super careful. OAN seems to work better here.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Damn, you're going to lose your conservative creds if you keep posting links to left-wing sites (at least that was the response here when I linked something to politifact here). I'd be super careful. OAN seems to work better here.
              You lie or are so ill informed as to be ridiculous to believe, and when I pull a source you trust to prove it, you question my motive? Seems as it you are a bad faith actor.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

You lie or are so ill informed as to be ridiculous to believe, and when I pull a source you trust to prove it, you question my motive? Seems as it you are a bad faith actor.
                Hmm. Same MO as CB. They could be Twins or something.

Comment

• Sedgwick County: Wichita hospitals run out of ICU beds for COVID-19 patients
                  WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - The latest hospital data from Sedgwick County shows there are no ICU beds available that are designated for COVID-19 patients in the county.

It’s an issue Eyewitness News reported about last week when the county warned that both of its main hospital systems were critically low on beds. As of Monday night (Nov. 2, 2020), there are 111 COVID-19 patients in Wichita hospitals. Sixty of those are in the ICU. This means there is an approximate 50 percent increase in total ICU COVID-19 patients from last week.

While there are no ICU beds available for COVID-19 patients, both Ascension Via Christi St. Francis and Wesley Medical Center are managing through contingency operations. However, there next comes a staffing concern if cases keep rising. If that happens, representatives for both hospitals say they’re concerned they may not have enough nurses to keep up with the growing demand.

Those contingency plans include the addition of traveling nurses that can stay in the community for up to eight weeks. Doctors and nurses ask people in the community to help slow the spread of the virus by wearing masks in public, social distancing, and washing hands more frequently.
                  Lovely! And we ain't seen nothin' yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s really not that strange. The ACE II receptors cascade all of those things. It has to do with the physical shape of the virus and where it interacts. It explains why there are blood clots and why the Type II diabetics (but not type I) are particularly susceptible. It even explains why some people with high blood pressure have horrible symptoms while others have almost none.
                    Thanks. Great explanation.

Comment

• Denmark plans to cull its mink population after coronavirus mutation spreads to humans

COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Denmark will cull its mink population of up to 17 million after a mutation of the coronavirus found in the animals spread to humans, the prime minister said on Wednesday.

Health authorities found virus strains in humans and in mink which showed decreased sensitivity against antibodies, potentially lowering the efficacy of future vaccines, Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen said.

“We have a great responsibility towards our own population, but with the mutation that has now been found, we have an even greater responsibility for the rest of the world as well,” Frederiksen told a news conference.
                      Wow! This is - Exhibit A - why you don't allow a novel virus to just spread willy nilly across the globe and pray for herd immunity. The power of evolution and large numbers makes this virus much smarter than us if we give it enough time and space.

Scary ****!

Comment

• College Student Found Dead in Her Dorm in Indiana After Testing Positive for Coronavirus

The family of a 20-year-old college student who died after experiencing COVID-19 symptoms is now pleading for others to take the virus seriously.

Bethany Nesbitt, a student at Grace College in Winona Lake, Indiana, was found dead Oct. 30 in her dorm room after having COVID-19 symptoms for about 10 days and awaiting a test result, according to a statement from her family. The results came back positive after her death, her family said.

The third-year psychology major from Grand Ledge, Michigan, had asthma and was previously taken to the emergency room. Doctors determined Nesbitt likely had COVID-19, but it was not a severe case and she seemed to be recovering.

Kosciusko County Coroner Anthony Ciriello ruled Tuesday her official cause of death a blood clot, noting that “while COVID did play a role in contributing to the death, it was not caused by COVID.”

Her family pointed out, however, that blood clots are “widely recognized as being one of the most common causes of death among COVID-19 patients." They're now encouraging other people to “exercise enormous caution” as COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
                        Sad story. People need to take this virus seriously regardless of age. If I had a 20 yr. old in college, they would have a pulse/ox and baby aspirin in their cabinet. Call me whatever you want.

Comment

• Hold onto your butts!

Comment

• Is this where you start getting excited again?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• And expound that with Paint?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                                https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...virus/2364634/

Sad story. People need to take this virus seriously regardless of age. If I had a 20 yr. old in college, they would have a pulse/ox and baby aspirin in their cabinet. Call me whatever you want.
                                Did the medical examiner not say covid was not the cause of death? I mean it’s a sad story but it’s another one of those deaths that’s being used to skew the numbers. Unfortunately had an underlying condition too. If she contracted the flu and along with asthma, died from complications from the flu would it have been news? Would her life have mattered less?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X