No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US is nearing 'rapid acceleration' of Covid-19 cases, expert warns, as daily infections hit about 60,000

US Covid-19 cases will begin to rapidly accelerate in about a week,a leading health expert says, as the country's daily averages keep climbing toward the summer's peak and several states are setting hospitalization records.

The US recorded more than 60,300 new cases Tuesday, and the national seven-day case average hit about 59,500 -- an increase of about 73% in five and a half weeks, Johns Hopkins University data show.
    That's the highest average since August 3. And things will likely get worse, experts warn.

Hospitalizations in the US are also rising, with more than 39,000 Covid-19 patients nationwideas of Tuesday -- the highest total in about two months -- according to the Covid Tracking Project. The country's highest pandemic levels were in late April and late June, above 59,700 in both cases.
    Ten states recorded their highest number of Covid-19 hospitalizations Tuesday: Arkansas, Iowa, Kentucky, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia and Wisconsin, according to the Covid Tracking Project.

Comment

• HEALTH AND SCIENCE
      ‘Long Covid’: These 5 factors make it more likely you’ll suffer long term from coronavirus

A new study has identified the main factors that make it more likely that patients will suffer long term from the coronavirus.

“Long Covid” is the term given to people who recover from coronavirus but continue to suffer from a wide range of symptoms, such as shortness of breath, migraines and chronic fatigue.

A new analysis by researchers at King’s College London, using data from the COVID Symptom Study app, shows that 1 in 20 people with Covid-19 are likely to suffer symptoms for at least eight weeks.
      Delving into the risk factors more closely, the study found that long Covid affects around 10% of 18-49 year olds who become unwell with Covid-19, with the percentage rising to 22% for those over 70s.

Weight also plays a role, with it affecting people with a slightly higher average body mass index.

Women were much more likely to suffer from long Covid than men (14.5% compared with 9.5%), but only in the younger age group.
      Nobody talks much about the Covid Syndrome of the future. This is what could be the most devastating aspect of this insidious, alien virus. The hits will just keep on coming for quite a while.

Remain steadfast my friends. Avoid this bug like the plague.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sw...ry-11603204526

Smart, obedient, lonely, white people.
        Racist
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Racist
          Not at all my friend. Just summarizing what is a very solid recipe for pandemic success.

I didn't program this virus to attack minorities at 3x the rate of whites. Either mother nature or the Chinese did.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Yeah, I had to reassure my wife the covid and chlamydia go hand in hand.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Why does the biology of coronavirus mean it poses such a threat to human life?

Covid: Why is coronavirus so deadly?

A simple virus has brought life as we know it to a screeching halt.

We have faced viral threats before, including pandemics, yet the world does not shut down for every new infection or flu season.

So what is it about this coronavirus? What are the quirks of its biology that pose a unique threat to our bodies and our lives?
                Master of deception

In the early stages of an infection the virus is able to deceive the body.

Coronavirus can be running rampant in our lungs and airways and yet our immune system thinks everything is a-ok.

"This virus is brilliant, it allows you to have a viral factory in your nose and feel completely well," says Prof Paul Lehner from the University of Cambridge.

Our body's cells start releasing chemicals - called interferons - once they are being hijacked by a virus and this is a warning signal to the rest of the body and the immune system.

But the coronavirus has an "amazing capability" of switching off this chemical warning, Prof Lehner says, "it does it so well you don't even know you're ill".

He says when you look at infected cells in the laboratory you cannot tell they have been infected and yet tests show they are "screaming with virus" and this is just one of the "joker cards" the virus can play.
                It behaves like a 'hit and run' killer

The amount of virus in our body begins to peak the day before we begin to get sick.

But it takes at least a week before Covid progresses to the point where people need hospital treatment.

"This is a really brilliant evolutionary tactic - you don't go to bed, you go out and have a good time," says Prof Lehner.

So the virus is like a dangerous driver fleeing the scene - the virus has moved on to the next victim long before we either recover or die.

In stark terms, "the virus doesn't care" if you die, says Prof Lehner, "this is a hit and run virus".

This is a massive contrast with the original Sars-coronavirus, back in 2002. It was most infectious days after people became ill, so they were easy to isolate.
                Just a great article that I highly recommend reading. Some of these characteristics are why I call it "alien".

Comment

• Schoolchildren Seem Unlikely to Fuel Coronavirus Surges, Scientists Say

Comment

• This has been the trend for the virus thus far. I’m glad it seems to be steady.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54648684

Just a great article that I highly recommend reading. Some of these characteristics are why I call it "alien".
                      It’s really not that strange. The ACE II receptors cascade all of those things. It has to do with the physical shape of the virus and where it interacts. It explains why there are blood clots and why the Type II diabetics (but not type I) are particularly susceptible. It even explains why some people with high blood pressure have horrible symptoms while others have almost none.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

It’s really not that strange. The ACE II receptors cascade all of those things. It has to do with the physical shape of the virus and where it interacts. It explains why there are blood clots and why the Type II diabetics (but not type I) are particularly susceptible. It even explains why some people with high blood pressure have horrible symptoms while others have almost none.
                        It reads to me like pure alien, black magic.

Comment

It reads to me like pure alien, black magic.
                          He just explained it for you. However, when you get down to the real issue, you don’t understand the science of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He just explained it for you. However, when you get down to the real issue, you don’t understand the science of it.
                            He didn't explain anything. I just chose to not be combative and call him out on it.

Now go back to the kid's table you lemming.

Comment

He didn't explain anything. I just chose to not be combative and call him out on it.

Now go back to the kid's table you lemming.
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                This gallery has 1 photos.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X