No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew that right wingers were so highly educated!

IMG_4679.jpg

Comment

• I have read many articles on impact of infected people that have had the anti-body infusion. All are 95% plus efficacy against symptomatic reinfection.

There is no vaccine replicating the same.

I have had the antibody infusion. My virologist says I cannot get vaccinated for a minimum of 90 days, recommended for 6 months.

Believe the science. It is real.

Comment

• I'm finding that many anti-vaxx posts here are well-researched and make valid arguments. I appreciate that. It causes me to look deeper and get more information about the reasons why some disagree with my viewpoints. That's how we learn. We don't learn anything by ignoring viewpoints that differ from our own.

There are some that don't meet that standard, and there is some pack mentality of a group attacking viewpoints that disagree with that group's viewpoint.

For instance, the report of patients in the Mayo Clinic that indicated lower than expected efficacy rates among vaccinated people is an eye opener. The data was collected from a single state in a single month, which is a small and isolated sample size, but it is an eye opener. That's going to cause me to take a hard look at efficacy rates from other sources. We learn by looking at all the available information, not by only looking at the viewpoints that support our positions. I appreciate those making valid points about why they disagree with my viewpoints.

With that said, I fell free to post this quote from Leonard Pitts.

stupid.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
          I'm finding that many anti-vaxx posts here are well-researched and make valid arguments. I appreciate that. It causes me to look deeper and get more information about the reasons why some disagree with my viewpoints. That's how we learn. We don't learn anything by ignoring viewpoints that differ from our own.

There are some that don't meet that standard, and there is some pack mentality of a group attacking viewpoints that disagree with that group's viewpoint.

For instance, the report of patients in the Mayo Clinic that indicated lower than expected efficacy rates among vaccinated people is an eye opener. The data was collected from a single state in a single month, which is a small and isolated sample size, but it is an eye opener. That's going to cause me to take a hard look at efficacy rates from other sources. We learn by looking at all the available information, not by only looking at the viewpoints that support our positions. I appreciate those making valid points about why they disagree with my viewpoints.

stupid.jpg
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Covid has just become another virtue-signalling avenue at this point, IMO. It is too political to have a serious debate.

Thanks media and democrats, but I repeat myself.
            Last edited by ShockerPrez; August 13, 2021, 06:37 AM.
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              I'm finding that many anti-vaxx posts here are well-researched and make valid arguments. I appreciate that. It causes me to look deeper and get more information about the reasons why some disagree with my viewpoints. That's how we learn. We don't learn anything by ignoring viewpoints that differ from our own.

stupid.jpg
              Should you get vaccinated?

1. Are you under 30 and healthy?
              2. Have you been previously infected?

If the answer to both is no, then you should get vaccinated. Everything else is about virtue signaling.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Here is a chart of the Covid hospitalizations current through Aug 7th:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  It will also come to pass that one of the many mistakes we made was hiding our kids. They could have been the needed boost to herd immunity. And should have been.
                  Truth.

Comment

• Sweden sure plays a mean second half of Covid-ball.

Comment

• The total number of people in ICU in Sweden -- a country of 10 million -- is about 30 total people. For comparison there are 51 in Sedgwick County, KS alone.

Comment

• Delta has been circulating in Sweden longer than it has in the United States, and accounts for about 60% of their Covid cases.
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; August 13, 2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Florida reports 18 deaths yesterday. Their lowest total since March 2020.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Here is a chart of the Covid hospitalizations current through Aug 7th:

The silly thing about this chart is that they don’t have a consistent age breakdown…18-49 vs 50-64?
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The silly thing about this chart is that they don’t have a consistent age breakdown…18-49 vs 50-64?
                              Yeah, I ignored the age breakdown, and only care about the cumulative total. The peak hospitalizations are quite low from what I expected when scanning new headlines. It's like there are two Americas.

Comment

• This is gonna be controversial, but I think there is a very good chance we have reached herd immunity. Nobody wants to be "THAT GUY" and put their neck out there and be wrong, but I don't mind. From what I am seeing, the existing major variants will not cause a massive new wave of infections. I think we are at about 70% population immunity.

That doesn't mean if you are over 65 you shouldn't get the vax. You should.

That doesn't mean people won't still pass away from the disease and complications of the disease for a little bit.

It doesn't mean people won't still get sick. I think when kids go back to school we will have a bunch snotty kids and parents.

There will still be pockets of outbreaks, but the magnitude and duration of those outbreaks will fizzle quickly.

I think the herd overall, however, is protected and this thing is gonna die down fairly quickly to quite manageable numbers -- barring a new unstudied selected-for variant developing (which is statistically extremely unlikely to happen).

Comment

Working...
                                X