• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDC amends Florida's COVID-19 numbers after pushback from state officials

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

CDC amends Florida's COVID-19 numbers after pushback from state officials
      Imagine that. The idiots at the CDC trying to artificially inflate Covid numbers for political gain. I am absolutely shocked. NOT. That agency is such a joke and should not be trusted at all.

Another of Clod's idols proven to be wrong and incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

This is a screen capture from the video in your link, so I guess I'm confused by your figures. Looks like the vaccinated make up 8.5% of total patients, 4.9% of ICU patients, and 5% of patients on a vent. Where do you get 23% exactly?

I can only assume you are being intentionally sensational and misleading, or you are just super bad at teh maths.

Capture.JPG
        The updated the graphics and story from what it said before.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Another of Clod's idols proven to be wrong and incompetent.
          Birds of a feather...
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Perhaps the so-called journalists that wrote up the prior version of the story are bad at teh maths. Isn't that one of many reasons why someone falls down to a safety net major like journalism/communication?
            Last edited by SHOCKvalue; August 11, 2021, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

The article used a slide of hand (accidentally or intentionally).

“At 82 ICU patients, it is also the most the hospital has ever admitted.

At its peak on April 26, 2020, 16% of COVID patients were in the ICU.

Johnston says 15 of the patients are vaccinated.”

It appears that of the 82 patients in the ICU, 15 are vaccinated. Actually 15 patients in the hospital are vaccinated, but only 4 are in the ICU.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

The article used a slide of hand (accidentally or intentionally).

“At 82 ICU patients, it is also the most the hospital has ever admitted.

At its peak on April 26, 2020, 16% of COVID patients were in the ICU.

Johnston says 15 of the patients are vaccinated.”

It appears that of the 82 patients in the ICU, 15 are vaccinated. Actually 15 patients in the hospital are vaccinated, but only 4 are in the ICU.
                That is still there, but there were only two columns in first video graphic. And some of the wording was different.

Imagine that, the “press” trying to push a narrative.

Comment

• First I heard of someone requiring a pacemaker after a bout with covid - and she's not 80. WSU grad and the mayor of Topeka

Michelle De La Isla https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/...-topekacj-main

Comment

• As an aside... has KWCH gone to the dogs? I recently had to unlike them from Facebook, as the majority of their posts had become covid-related, and most of those were fear-mongering sort of stuff. I get covid is a news story, but come on. Go look for yourself and count the proportion. You’d think Ebola was running through the country unchecked or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                      As an aside... has KWCH gone to the dogs? I recently had to unlike them from Facebook, as the majority of their posts had become covid-related, and most of those were fear-mongering sort of stuff. I get covid is a news story, but come on. Go look for yourself and count the proportion. You’d think Ebola was running through the country unchecked or something.
                      I’ve always been a KWCH fan, but I’m teetering. I’m also getting my fill of the constant “fear-mongering” covid updates. I’ve pretty much quit watching any news. I’m currently on my second go-around of ‘Breaking Bad’; there are similarities of nonsense. SMH
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• For reasons better left private, I usually watch CNNHN each morning. It used to be a combination of 30 minutes of news a little weather and a little sports.

It's now 30 minutes of fear mongering, half truths (on their best day) and one sided opinion making while mixing in a completely unnecessary amount of pop culture, usually regarding the most liberal and useless of Hollywood society. Covid fear mongering is unreal. Click bait type headlines like "Are kids being hit harder than ever before because of the Delta variant?!" are used at the top and bottom of most hours. Then a story on one 17 year old downs syndrome young man with multiple co-morbidities and a compromised immune system that's on a vent with both parents unvaxxed. As if that's some kind of normalcy. Or as if this amazing and precious kid wouldn't likely be suffering from any number of ailments otherwise.

It's clear most people either don't understand what 330+ million Americans means, as to health, living and dying.

Every day, on average

10,700+ are born in this country.
                        7,800 die every day in this country.

The Infant mortality rate is over 5/1000 meaning every day around 35+ babies die. Every day.

I will wager any amount of money that as we get through this nightmare, you will see a level or small drop in the total deaths over the next couple of years in the US, signifying that COVID took mostly, not all but hugely, the elderly and sick that were mostly going to die in a year or 2 at most.

It will also come to pass that one of the many mistakes we made was hiding our kids. They could have been the needed boost to herd immunity. And should have been.

Hopefully one of the positives will be that more people will realize the importance of taking care of themselves. I wish I had.

There seems to be a goal of zero infections. Never going to happen. Can't happen. Could never happen. This thing was always going to run it's course, one way or the other.

In your worst nightmare could you imagine those front line workers, that battled through all the madness and sickness for over a year, those heroes, some are now being threatened or actually robbed of their ability to do their jobs. Literally from hero to villain in 6 months.

And the worst part....the worst of all this madness, is that people like a plurality of people here....people that are vaxxed, that take responsibility seriously, that take care of ourselves and others, that encourage others to visit with their doctors and make the best decision regarding the vaccine and almost all of the time that's going to mean getting the jab, that want EVERYONE to be healthy and live long lives.... we just don't think it's someone else's (government) place to make that decision for everyone. That's it. And it's NOT. And we're on this Earth to LIVE for a very finite time, and every day we hide is one less day we live and do whatever it is we're supposed to be doing in that finite time.

We're tired of being blamed and demonized for doing and being right and being lied to and about. We aren't the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                          First I heard of someone requiring a pacemaker after a bout with covid - and she's not 80. WSU grad and the mayor of Topeka

Michelle De La Isla https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/...-topekacj-main
                          Damn. What a terrible tragedy. Such an insidious disease.

Most people read something like that and feel empathy. But for others it triggers something different that ultimately leads to more skepticism and denial.

It will be interesting to read the tone and content of the posts that follow yours.

Comment

• This thread would make such a fascinating (and embarrassing) psychological and political science case study.

Groupthink delusion #1

It's not even as bad as the flu.

Groupthink delusion #2

This is just a MSM ploy to take down Trump.

Groupthink delusion #3

This is just a power grab by the Democrats. Resist.

Isn't it peculiar how each one of these chronologically circulated American pandemic themes, sound just like a political strategy?

I really wonder if the fine folks in this thread understand how little they are in control of their own thoughts. I honestly, sincerely wonder that.

I would never go back in time and repost some of the comments made over the last 18 months. It would be utterly humiliating. And I've given up on trying to "wake" the sleepwalking. It would only come across as a troll.

Comment

• Alternative Groupthink #1

2 weeks to bend the curve

Alternative Groupthink #2

Shut down and hunker down to stop the spread

Alternative Groupthink #3

There's no way a vaccine can be made in time and even if it is, I will not take it from this President

Alternative Groupthink #4

Everyone must get jabbed and mask, and if you don't tow the government line, you're a criminal, a traitor, should lose your job, your possessions, your freedom if not your life. And if you're a former hero as a first responder or medical person that chooses not to vax, you no longer have value. Off with your livelihood if not your head.

Comment

• And... I don't even know why I bother to say this as it will create a sonic boom flying over most of the heads in here but... it is those "fear mongers" doing their jobs, reporting on the ebb and flow of this national disaster, that has people flocking to the vaccine clinics again.

Comment

Working...
                                X