No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are immediate problems with that article. First is that the prominent US vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) have fatality rates less than 3 per 100000. The author is using outdated information. The author then uses the Dutch vaccine model to determine side effects. The Dutch have follow ups with the patients and don’t differentiate between related and unrelated issues. Even after that, the net effect was one additional life saved (or as many as 8 if you read on) of those NOT vaccinated per 100,000 people. I.e. the herd immunity protection.

There are two things that I think the author was trying to get to, but I think the case was overstated:

1. the risk of death is low when infected with Covid.
    2. The act of vaccinating has low return when the mortality rate isn’t high.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Stephen Moore @StephenMoore

A JAMA study has shown masks HARM children. OSHA safety limit of CO2 in inhaled air: 0.5% Lowest measured masked sample in the study: 0.6% Yet 12 states STILL require masks in schools!

Comment

• We've got a real problem brewing. The Delta + variant is starting to make our RNA vaccines look like Swiss cheese. This is the problem you face when you don't get enough people vaccinated, quickly. They are working on a tablet solution. If that comes to fruition, I say we take the powder form and distribute it via McDonald's soft drinks. That oughta get about 99.99% of the remaining Cov/Vaccidiots.

Thankfully, all the breakthrough infections that are occurring are still relatively mild. But now that the vaccine defenses are crumbling, all that is left is a robust virulence mutation and it will be lockdown city. Biden won't hesitate if we start climbing into the thousands dead daily range again. Then what happens to the economy?

Take the GD vaccine you selfish, ignorant apes.

Comment

• LMFAO
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• LOL!!!

Nope...yet so predictable...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              We've got a real problem brewing. The Delta + variant is starting to make our RNA vaccines look like Swiss cheese. This is the problem you face when you don't get enough people vaccinated, quickly. They are working on a tablet solution. If that comes to fruition, I say we take the powder form and distribute it via McDonald's soft drinks. That oughta get about 99.99% of the remaining Cov/Vaccidiots.

Thankfully, all the breakthrough infections that are occurring are still relatively mild. But now that the vaccine defenses are crumbling, all that is left is a robust virulence mutation and it will be lockdown city. Biden won't hesitate if we start climbing into the thousands dead daily range again. Then what happens to the economy?

You mean this Delta Variant?

The good news is vaccines appear to be quite effective against this variant.

”All the vaccines seem to work against the delta variant,” says Monica Gandhi, an infectious-disease expert at University of California San Francisco. Gandhi says even among the rare cases where vaccinated people contract delta, the symptoms are typically mild.

“Vaccinated people do not need to worry about the delta variant,” she says.
              With 63% of the US population vaccinated and add on top of that those that have had Covid and are unvaccinated, herd immunity has been achieved. Feel free to meet your boyfriend(s) at the park CLod.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                Who exactly are you calling ignorant apes? Young people? Minorities?

That term could be construed as offensive to some or all of these groups.

The rest of the population (minus the children) have the vaccine at incredibly high numbers. Way more than needed for herd immunity.

Comment

• FB_IMG_1625533931802.jpg
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Ahhh... I see the local residents are still comfortable w/ their heads in the sand while Charles Darwin does the heavy lifting for them.

Hark!

COVID vaccine only 64% effective against Delta variant - Israeli research

Coronavirus cabinet to consider new restrictions on Tuesday * Ministry says no booster shot for the general public yet.

According to health officials, some 90% of current cases in the country are of the Delta variant.

Among those infected, almost half are schoolchildren, a significant percentage of whom were already fully vaccinated – more than 40% in the past week.

IN THE PAST, health officials and experts repeatedly emphasized that the vaccine was never known to be 100% effective, and in a country with such a high rate of immunized population – about 56% – it was normal that some of them would catch the virus.

However, as noted, the ministry’s new data revealed that as the Delta variant spread, the inoculation seemed have become less effective in preventing people from contracting the virus, although both children and vaccinated individuals are unlikely to develop a serious form of the disease – which might help explain why the rise in morbidity has not been followed by an equivalent raise in serious cases – at least up until now.

However, the rate of unvaccinated patients among those who are currently in serious condition is decreasing drastically. On Sunday, the patients in serious conditions who were not vaccinated stood at 57% – including one child and one pregnant woman. In the past few months, they were almost 90%.

Among the patients hospitalized, the rate stood at almost 53%.

Rambam Medical Center in Haifa said that of the six patients hospitalized in their coronavirus ward, only one was not inoculated.

Four patients in serious conditions – all of them over 75 – were fully immunized, as is a woman who just gave birth and is in mild condition.
                    With the Delta variant, the chances of our best vaccines protecting us from infection have been relegated to essentially a coin flip.

The fault of this disturbing trend obviously resides in the unvaccinated demographic. Some around the world have no choice, but in America...

Vermont has the highest percentage of its population fully vaccinated against COVID-19, according to the CDC's COVID-19 vaccine distribution and administration data tracker.

The least vaccinated states all Trump country - his malfeasance still paying dividends...

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

The rest of the population (minus the children) have the vaccine at incredibly high numbers. Way more than needed for herd immunity.
                      You're incredibly misinformed.

Comment

• I was hoping shock was right about Cold and he was just gone clearing his head but instead it looks like he just took a break because there was nothing good..err bad to talk about.

Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• US Covid-19: Rates of new cases are almost 3 times higher in states with low vaccination rates, new data shows - CNN

Sedgwick County is 35% fully vaccinated according to the map in the article.
                          Last edited by 1979Shocker; July 6, 2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I was hoping shock was right about Cold and he was just gone clearing his head but instead it looks like he just took a break because there was nothing good..err bad to talk about.
                            It's tough to get refills of paint these days. Supply problems everywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

How many people have one vaccination in Sedgwick County? There is quite a bit of immunity in one vaccine.

How many people in Sedgwick County have had Covid 19, so they have anti-bodies? I don't know but I would guess 25-35%

Why don't you mention the hospitalization and death rates in Sedgwick County? Are they down? They are way down.

Do I believe in the vaccine? Yes.

Would I have my kids (if I had any) under 15 receive the vaccine? Probably not.

Do young people show a proclivity to being hospitalized by Covid 19? No

Why is CNN a fear monger? Because they do President Biden's bidding

Why are you a fear monger?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Who exactly are you calling ignorant apes? Young people? Minorities?

That term could be construed as offensive to some or all of these groups.

Yep. Extremely racist post by Clod. Shameful.

Comment

Working...
                                X