No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very unfortunate. It appears the young may still pay their fair share in flesh. The rest of us may pay again if the vaccine developers fall behind the mutation race.

https://journalstar.com/lifestyles/h...2f8795bc3.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html

I had a friend share a story with me about a 28 yr old male healthcare worker w/ Covid dying suddenly of a heart attack. Died face down while his newborn infant cried in the next room. Thankfully the mother was monitoring the child remotely and came home.

Covid does not harm only the old.

Comment

• So you’re assuming the covid played a role in the heart attack? I’m shocked. There is no way someone infected with covid could die of anything else non-covid related.

If you get covid, then when you die, 3 days from now, 3 months from now, 30 years from now, it was because of covid.

Nice surge. I love the media usage of that term nowadays. What is that, like a 170 degree angle? Damn.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Very unfortunate. It appears the young may still pay their fair share in flesh. The rest of us may pay again if the vaccine developers fall behind the mutation race.

I had a friend share a story with me about a 28 yr old male healthcare worker w/ Covid dying suddenly of a heart attack. Died face down while his newborn infant cried in the next room. Thankfully the mother was monitoring the child remotely and came home.

LOL!! Nope.

Unplug...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          So you’re assuming the covid played a role in the heart attack? I’m shocked. There is no way someone infected with covid could die of anything else non-covid related.

If you get covid, then when you die, 3 days from now, 3 months from now, 30 years from now, it was because of covid.

Nice surge. I love the media usage of that term nowadays. What is that, like a 170 degree angle? Damn.
          Your attitude is still all wrong which is why you remain trapped in a state of ignorance, vulnerability, and discomfort.

The first step is to accept reality.

Instruction follows:

Covid is a blood disease. It is common to find outsized clots all throughout the body in victims much younger than what coroners normally see. This 28 year old victim was part of a family of healthcare workers: one was a nurse, the other a surgeon. The cause of death was Covid: Acute coronary syndrome (myocardial infarction). Clear evidence of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) was present.

Comment

• As noted many, many months ago, the vaccine is widely available to almost everyone in April. By July 4, everyone will have had the opportunity to be two weeks post vaccination that wants it. At that point, I will no longer wear a mask under my own free will.
            Livin the dream

Comment

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/health...hene-1.5372822

Any opinions on this? (wufan?)

All my KN95's have graphene/Healfiber/Biomass.

There are warnings of potential “early pulmonary toxicity” associated with face masks using graphene

Here's some more info.
              I’m not aware of inhalant risks. My particular expertise is in particulate filtering and pharma regulation (pretty specific).

I believe in individual responsibility. Everyone should be made aware of the risks and make their own risk assessment as to whether or not it is worthwhile inhaling graphing or inhaling some percentage of Covid virus should you come in contact with an infectious individual.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Just ordered a 20 ct. box of 3M N95s for around 28 bucks. Supply is good on Ebay.
                Similar to asking the CDC to follow the science.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Very unfortunate. It appears the young may still pay their fair share in flesh. The rest of us may pay again if the vaccine developers fall behind the mutation race.

Vaccine development isn’t falling behind, that I promise. Pharma is winning the arms race here and it isn’t even close.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Your attitude is still all wrong which is why you remain trapped in a state of ignorance, vulnerability, and discomfort.

Instruction follows:

Covid is a blood disease. It is common to find outsized clots all throughout the body in victims much younger than what coroners normally see. This 28 year old victim was part of a family of healthcare workers: one was a nurse, the other a surgeon. The cause of death was Covid: Acute coronary syndrome (myocardial infarction). Clear evidence of disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) was present.
                    Covid isn’t a blood disease. It’s a respiratory illness that has an affinity for the ACE receptors. The ACE receptors do all kinds of things, most notably to health is blood pressure and insulin production.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Instruction follows:

What’s my attitude at exactly? Are you mad because you’re the only one flying solo? You’ll never admit defeat no matter how wrong you are about anything because your ego is the size of Alaska.

Sounds like you’re wading far away from your expertise there doc.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        As noted many, many months ago, the vaccine is widely available to almost everyone in April. By July 4, everyone will have had the opportunity to be two weeks post vaccination that wants it. At that point, I will no longer wear a mask under my own free will.
                        Yep, there will be no more time with feeling “guilty” about spreading it to others. If people don’t decide to take it, then that’s on them.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Covid isn’t a blood disease. It’s a respiratory illness that has an affinity for the ACE receptors. The ACE receptors do all kinds of things, most notably to health is blood pressure and insulin production.
                          COVID-19 can cause symptoms that go well beyond the lungs, from strokes to organ failure. To explain these widespread injuries, researchers are studying how the virus affects the vascular system.

Clots, Strokes and Rashes: Is COVID a Disease of the Blood Vessels?

Some of the earliest insights into how COVID-19 can act like a vascular disease came from studying the aftermath of the most serious infections. Those reveal that the virus warps a critical piece of our vascular infrastructure: the single layer of cells lining the inside of every blood vessel, known as the endothelial cells or simply the endothelium.
                          Dr. William Li, a vascular biologist, compares this lining to a freshly resurfaced ice rink before a hockey game on which the players and pucks glide smoothly along.

“When the virus damages the inside of the blood vessel and shreds the lining, that’s like the ice after a hockey game,” said Li, a researcher and founder of the Angiogenesis Foundation. “You wind up with a situation that is really untenable for blood flow.”

In a study published this summer, Li and an international team of researchers compared the lung tissues of people who died of COVID-19 with those of people who died of influenza. They found stark differences: The lung tissues of the COVID victims had nine times as many tiny blood clots (“microthrombi”) as those of the influenza victims, and the coronavirus-infected lungs also exhibited “severe endothelial injury.”
                          “The surprise was that this respiratory virus makes a beeline for the cells lining blood vessels, filling them up like a gumball machine and shredding the cell from the inside out,” Li said. “We found blood vessels are blocked and blood clots are forming because of that lining damage.”
                          It’s already known that the coronavirus breaks into cells by way of a specific receptor, called ACE2, which is found all over the body. But scientists are still trying to understand how the virus sets off a cascade of events that cause so much destruction to blood vessels. Li said one theory is that the virus directly attacks endothelial cells. Lab experiments have shown that the coronavirus can infect engineered human endothelial cells.

It’s also possible the problems begin elsewhere, and the endothelial cells sustain collateral damage along the way as the immune system reacts — and sometimes overreacts — to the invading virus.

Endothelial cells have a slew of important jobs; these include preventing clotting, controlling blood pressure, regulating oxidative stress and fending off pathogens. And Li said uncovering how the virus jeopardizes the endothelium may link many of COVID-19’s complications: “the effects in the brain, the blood clots in the lung and elsewhere in the legs, the COVID toe, the problem with the kidneys and even the heart.
                          A more accurate description would be, vascular disease.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What’s my attitude at exactly? Are you mad because you’re the only one flying solo? You’ll never admit defeat no matter how wrong you are about anything because your ego is the size of Alaska.

Sounds like you’re wading far away from your expertise there doc.
                            One day you're crying for sympathy due to "personal experiences", the next day you're back to d-bagging like a boss. You won't be taken seriously again.

Comment

• California, the first state to implement a lockdown for the coronavirus pandemic, plans to fully reopen activities and businesses beginning June 15, state officials said Tuesday.

A dangerous Covid-19 variant has spread to all 50 US states. Experts worry it could send cases surging

The highly contagious Covid-19 variant first identified in the UK has now been reported in every state in the US, and experts are concerned spreading variants could send cases surging.

"America appears to be done with the pandemic," Dr. Michael Osterholm, director for the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, said Monday night. "The virus is not done with us."

More than 15,000 cases of the B.1.1.7 coronavirus variant, which also appears to be more deadly, have been reported in the US. While the US races to get Americans vaccinated in time, many experts are asking the public to hold onto precautions for just a little while longer.

The good news, Osterholm said, is that existing vaccines are very
                              effective against the variants. The bad news is that the US may not be able to administer them fast enough to avoid another surge.

"We are not going to have enough vaccines, the way we are going, into the arms of enough Americans over the course of the next six to 10 weeks with this surge that we are going to stop it," Osterholm told CNN's Erin Burnett. "It's just simply not going to happen."

And though the US is vaccinating nearly five times faster than the global average, with 40% of adults having received at least one shot, lower income countries with limited vaccine access could become a site for variants to spin out of control, Osterholm said.

Fortunately, the US has conditions that could help combat another surge: increased vaccination rates, a significant percentage of the population having already been infected and warming weather, Dr. Paul Offit, a member of the FDA Vaccines Advisory Committee, said Monday.
                              "We're not there yet and the variants make it particularly concerning," Jha said. "We really do have to hunker down for a few more weeks. We are very close to the finish line but we can't stop yet."

Covid-19 cases have been on the rise for four straight weeks in part because of the spread of variants, said Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

In Michigan, the state reported its highest daily case count since November, with more than 11,000 on Monday, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Just eight weeks ago, cases were as low as 563 in a day.

And across the state, there are at least 81 new clusters in K-12 schools, according to data released by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services on Monday.

In Ohio, a rise in the positivity rate has sent the state to a "back to basics, common sense" order on Covid-19 prevention, Gov. Mike DeWine said.

The new, "simplified" order, which should be ready for signing by the end of Monday, includes wearing masks at most indoor locations, avoiding congregating in groups larger than 10 people and maintaining social distancing.

"It truly, truly is a race," DeWine said. "These are the things that we need to do as we move forward."

Comment

As noted many, many months ago, the vaccine is widely available to almost everyone in April. By July 4, everyone will have had the opportunity to be two weeks post vaccination that wants it. At that point, I will no longer wear a mask under my own free will.
                                With what we know now, that's a reasonable decision. And it's your choice to not exercise your "own free will" until that date, which makes it reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X