Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Influenza kills on average 37-199 children each year. The school session just started. There are 10x more hospitalized children in some regions of the country than earlier in the pandemic. Anybody in here ever hear of a 2nd derivative?

Hospitalizations are soaring in Sedgwick county and approaching last January's numbers.

A local mask mandate just missed being passed by one Covidiot. I would assume it gets done next week. The no votes were just political in order to appease their ignorant base.

Many experts said we would see an infection crest by September. I'm dubious with the cooler weather coming.
    In the 2021-2022 flu season there were a total of almost 5,000 influenza deaths. Flu deaths are much more common among the elderly than other age groups.

Comment

• I don't understand why the efforts are being put into mask wearing. Just do some cash money vaccines in areas where vaccinations are low. Successful efforts are going to have to be very localized at this point. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I don't understand why the efforts are being put into mask wearing. Just do some cash money vaccines in areas where vaccinations are low. Successful efforts are going to have to be very localized at this point. Just my opinion.
        Our hands are tied on what we can do. You can vaccinate, separate, or try to separate people's lungs. Masks are far from a knock-out blow. But they do affect community spread either through filter of pathogen, or change of behavior (anti-social effect), or both. One thing they absolutely can do is lower the "dose" of virus inhaled. It's proven that these respiratory viruses create worse outcomes the higher your initial dose. So if you just get a whiff of Das Alien, maybe you get a poor man's inoculation. Hopefully most go the white collar route though and take the shot.

It's really too late to be vaccinating people now. It takes 6 weeks for a full immunological response. We are in the middle of the ****. This is like trying to get home insurance when your house is on fire. All we have now are sick people and lots of regret. But that's the story of life.

Comment

• Children younger than 5 years old are at high risk of developing serious flu-related complications.

Statista's data doesn't jibe w/ the CDC's.

Comment

Children younger than 5 years old are at high risk of developing serious flu-related complications.

Statista's data doesn't jibe w/ the CDC's.
            Statista is using cdcs modeling numbers. From your posted link: During 2018-2019, for example, 199 deaths in children were reported to CDC but statistical modeling suggests approximately 434 deaths may have occurred.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Statista is using cdcs modeling numbers. From your posted link: During 2018-2019, for example, 199 deaths in children were reported to CDC but statistical modeling suggests approximately 434 deaths may have occurred.
              The number of child Covid deaths mentioned earlier was not a model. Apples and oranges. There's no need to mismatch modeling vs. actual in order to support a political narrative and try to minimize the serious situation we are in. Just accept the reality, formulate a plan, and move forward.

Deny, deny, deny. It's gotta stop at some point right?

Child Covid deaths (and death is not the only bad outcome) are trending up. Child hospitalizations are 10x higher in some regions than last year. Hospitalizations precede death. Children cannot be vaccinated at this point. Last year we saw that children were mostly immune to the worst effects of Covid. With the new Delta variant, they are joining in on the bad effects in a much larger way.

These are the facts. They are not sensationalized.

Comment

The number of child Covid deaths mentioned earlier was not a model. Apples and oranges. There's no need to mismatch modeling vs. actual in order to support a political narrative and try to minimize the serious situation we are in. Just accept the reality, formulate a plan, and move forward.

Deny, deny, deny. It's gotta stop at some point right?

Child Covid deaths (and death is not the only bad outcome) are trending up. Child hospitalizations are 10x higher in some regions than last year. Hospitalizations precede death. Children cannot be vaccinated at this point. Last year we saw that children were mostly immune to the worst effects of Covid. With the new Delta variant, they are joining in on the bad effects in a much larger way.

These are the facts. They are not sensationalized.
                I haven’t posted anything related to a political narrative. Purely data. You posted a number with no context and I posted a different number with context. We figured out why they were different. I don’t believe there are any “modeled” numbers for covid child deaths because they are literally tracking every case and there is nothing additional to model. I’m more than happy to review anything you can find though - until then I’ll assume the apples are apples. I am interested in the 10x higher regions - any sources you can provide? Happy to review my plan for moving forward as new data comes in.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

I haven’t posted anything related to a political narrative. Purely data. You posted a number with no context and I posted a different number with context. We figured out why they were different. I don’t believe there are any “modeled” numbers for covid child deaths because they are literally tracking every case and there is nothing additional to model. I’m more than happy to review anything you can find though - until then I’ll assume the apples are apples. I am interested in the 10x higher regions - any sources you can provide? Happy to review my plan for moving forward as new data comes in.
                  A poster said less than 400 kids have died from Covid. I responded that the flu kills on average 37-199 kids a year. We were talking reported. You know what you're doing and it will get past nearly everyone... except me.

And no, I will not cite anything I say from now on.

It was made clear to me that my citations are not read so they'll no longer accompany my statements. With my accuracy rate thus far they're really not needed. You can take my comments on the subject as gospel.

Comment

• …pigeons…

Comment

• Hawaii

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

It's simple. Don't try to use ivermectin meant for animals to treat Covid-19, even if a biologist comes on Tucker Carlson's show and says it could be effective. This is after the FDA gives the warning about using ivermectin.

So the order of events is the same order in which I have the links listed.
                        I read all three of those articles. Brett Weinstein, the biologist, didn’t tell anyone to use ivermectin…at all…let alone veterinary ivermectin. So that’s wrong.

Livin the dream

Comment

Influenza kills on average 37-199 children each year. The school session just started. There are 10x more hospitalized children in some regions of the country than earlier in the pandemic. Anybody in here ever hear of a 2nd derivative?

Hospitalizations are soaring in Sedgwick county and approaching last January's numbers.

A local mask mandate just missed being passed by one Covidiot. I would assume it gets done next week. The no votes were just political in order to appease their ignorant base.

Many experts said we would see an infection crest by September. I'm dubious with the cooler weather coming.
                          What about the other regions? Do they also have 10x more kids? How many are dying?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Masks are far from a knock-out blow. But they do affect community spread either through filter of pathogen, or change of behavior (anti-social effect), or both.
                            Please site a study with a null hypothesis that shows mask mandates work.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Ron Johnson: "For younger people, seasonal flu is “in many cases” a deadlier virus than COVID-19“...
                              Last edited by wufan; August 21, 2021, 08:19 PM.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X