Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    Serious question: Did you have an actual brain before Trump was elected?

You don't need a "Covid mask study" to know that masks, gloves, gowns, and goggles protect humans from pathogens. Face coverings have been used to protect respiratory health for 2,000 years. There is NO debate amongst people with an intact prefrontal cortex that PPE works and is effective. Now, if you're a Haysville redneck who leaves your mask dangling below your nicotine-stained beard when you go shopping, then it won't be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You don't need a "Covid mask study" to know that masks, gloves, gowns, and goggles protect humans from pathogens. Face coverings have been used to protect respiratory health for 2,000 years. There is NO debate amongst people with an intact prefrontal cortex that PPE works and is effective. Now, if you're a Haysville redneck who leaves your mask dangling below your nicotine-stained beard when you go shopping, then it won't be effective.
      Not true. I’ve posted numerous reasons why masks are “largely” ineffective against the spread of COVID.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Do I look like your junior research assistant? I post what I feel compelled to post, when I want to post it. It takes time for me to render my valuable insight via MS Paint medium.

Rest assured I glanced at the numbers after your banal commentary and we are still heading in the wrong direction. I can only hope that it stagnates and peaks much earlier than the other waves. But our daily infection rate is way too high (much higher than in the summer). Hospitals across the country are filling with younger folks now. So very unfortunate.
        You don't wanna paint because you'll fail to get that upward motion on your line. And that hurts you tremendously. Cases are flat at worst and appear to be trending downward. If you look at your worldometer 7-day rolling average, which I know you check on every 25 minutes of every day, it's as plain as pie.

You're just like the media. If the truth isn't what you want to happen, it just doesn't exist and isn't worth reporting on. You could paint if you wanted to, or more importantly, if it lended to your "surge" assertions, but it doesn't so blah on for several posts about posting what you want, yada, yada, yada. What a horribly frail media puppet you are.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Racist.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Today is second shot day for my wife and I.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

• Years of studies prior to the Covid Craze indicated that masks do virtually nothing to stop the spread of viruses. They're basically a placebo for the weak minded. The above link says the same thing.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, your numbers are not accurate.

MONDAY, April 19, 2021 (HealthDay News) -- Half of all Americans aged 18 years or older have now gotten at least one shot in the arm of a COVID-19 vaccine, the

The numbers are improving now no doubt thanks to the steady messaging we have been receiving from leadership.

A Times analysis found that willingness to receive a vaccine and actual vaccination rates to date were both lower, on average, in counties that voted red in the 2020 presidential election.

It's clear where the challenges lie in getting this country vaccinated and back to normal again.

I'm not going to debate it, but whatever is behind that information is terribly flawed. The vaccine "problem" (if there is in fact a problem) is within the minority segment of the population.

The continued virtue signaling has to end. Stop pushing the "stupid redneck truth denying Trumpists" mantra. Americans are much smarter. Are there some that will refuse the vaccine? Of course, and it's their right. But those few people were never going to get any vaccine. Undocumented, illegals and minorities are the ones not interested in getting the vaccine, for a variety of reasons.

And yes there are differences between New York and Kansas.

Unplug.

Comment

• I'm dumbfounded about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine suspension. Six reported -- but unconfirmed -- cases out of 7 million vaccinations, and they halt it? That's super strange to me. wufan any insight?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I'm guessing J&J doesn't have the same political power as the others. They've all been linked to some rare issues, including death, haven't they? Odd that J&J is singled out.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I'm dumbfounded about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine suspension. Six reported -- but unconfirmed -- cases out of 7 million vaccinations, and they halt it? That's super strange to me. wufan any insight?
                      Europeans have confirmed the issue and found the root cause. The EU found rare condition with people having blood clotting with low platelets. EU has said they should continue using the vaccine, but with a risk label for the condition.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        They've all been linked to some rare issues, including death, haven't they?
                        Yes, but it's not even clear to me that the six people with the blood clotting have died. This is a very strange overreaction to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Europeans have confirmed the issue and found the root cause. The EU found rare condition with people having blood clotting with low platelets. EU has said they should continue using the vaccine, but with a risk label for the condition.
                          Did the Euro drug have similar risk profile?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I'm dumbfounded about the Johnson & Johnson vaccine suspension. Six reported -- but unconfirmed -- cases out of 7 million vaccinations, and they halt it? That's super strange to me. wufan any insight?
                            No insight. I would take it. I would recommend my wife/sister/mother take it.

It’s almost certainly political, but to what end I do not know.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That was for Astra Zeneca (unless additional info on J&J is out there that I have not seen). It’s the same issue that might happen with birth control and it’s the same population (child baring age women). It’s less common than with birth control, so is it a birth control issue rather than a vaccine issue?

Last edited by wufan; April 22, 2021, 05:07 PM.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• e
                                Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Yeah, your numbers are not accurate.

https://consumer.healthday.com/half-...652633154.html

The numbers are improving now no doubt thanks to the steady messaging we have been receiving from leadership.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-politics.html

It's clear where the challenges lie in getting this country vaccinated and back to normal again.
                                The studies I've seen indicate my numbers are accurate. I will go with mine. Also, pretty much everyone I know (demorat, republican, moderate, etc) are getting the shot. I am not sure I know a single person, even the most staunch republican conservative evangelicals are going to get the shot or have had it. I think you just like to stoke the flames of division like your idol president and clown fauchi.

Whatever happened to the mantra that this is not a political issue? Or is that only when it fits your narrative. When it serves your purpose, all of a sudden it is ok for it to be political. You sure are falling in line nicely with your new leftist views.

Unplug, unite,

Comment

Working...
                                X