Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Somehow I think that life would be of more value to you than the heartless bullshit you just excused yourself about. You're one sick ass mother****er.
    You're literally saying this to the loudest voice on the forum over the last 12 months advocating strict adherence to guidelines you mocked, intended to save not only the TerRoRiZed teenagers across America having to do their homework from computers, but the rest of the American population as well. And I've put my money where my mouth is sacrificing in ways few others have.

The irony is, these "draconian", "liberty-robbing" mitigation measures are intended to protect the populace while promoting the exit of the crisis as. soon. as. possible.

A coherent and logical plan for reopening was provided by Drs. Birx and Fauci, and before the ink on the page had even dried, somebody started Tweeting Liberate Michigan! Liberate Minnesota! Liberate Virginia! This type of incredibly stupid and counterproductive behavior continued on for months until there was no faith left in the beleaguered scientists. And if that wasn't enough, direct attacks on them personally followed causing echoes of mockery and delusion that still exist today.

As far as suicide is concerned: it's a very tricky subject. There are many studies that showed suicide rates dropping during the early parts of the pandemic and only now have started to edge up over normal levels. Fluctuations in suicides could be related or unrelated to the pandemic. They could be any of the following: 1) Depression over lost or sick loved ones, 2) Anxiety over contracting the virus, 3) Conflict with family over unresolved problems that are exacerbated by the extended time together, 4) Extra surfing on the Internet looking at "how much better everyone else has it" -an interesting study found that most young folks are unhappy with life and their attitude is directly corelated to the time they spend on social media., and much more.

I can't find much information on suicide rates accelerating anywhere but in the U.S. and the Japanese article I read. The Japanese already have the highest suicide rates in the world because it's a culturally accepted practice.

As I've mentioned before, Republicans have never been politically vocal about suicide. Only now, when they can use it to potentially support their Trumpian propaganda that the virus is a hoax, do their hearts start bleeding over poor Timmy slaving "alone" over his homework on the PC.

And isn't it the Republicans who've fought to make home-schooling more mainstream?

Are you starting to catch the hypocrisy drift I'm sending your way?

UNPLUG! You're being lied to.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Mask under gaiter (full not half) for me, and that's when I DO in fact get out, which is rare. I go to the store only at slow times. I don't dine out. Rarely take out (mask, no contact) and only occasionally Door Dash ( I don't want them to get sick because I'm an enabler). Haven't seen family in a year and my chronic lung issues (attributable to asthma) have gotten progressively worse due to the constant double mask wearing.

But damnit we're beating this thing so it's no time to take your foot off the gas!
      You're doing God's work my friend.

And I hear you on the mask causing lung irritation issue. I have absolutely noticed an effect on breathing comfort/discomfort since wearing my N95's for a year. And I don't swap them out that often because I'm only using them for periods of a time and normally not talking in them. But the bacteria does add up and it's having an effect. I only have half a box left so I'm trying to make them last.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You're literally saying this to the loudest voice on the forum over the last 12 months advocating strict adherence to guidelines you mocked, intended to save not only the TerRoRiZed teenagers across America having to do their homework from computers, but the rest of the American population as well. And I've put my money where my mouth is sacrificing in ways few others have.

The irony is, these "draconian", "liberty-robbing" mitigation measures are intended to protect the populace while promoting the exit of the crisis as. soon. as. possible.

A coherent and logical plan for reopening was provided by Drs. Birx and Fauci, and before the ink on the page had even dried, somebody started Tweeting Liberate Michigan! Liberate Minnesota! Liberate Virginia! This type of incredibly stupid and counterproductive behavior continued on for months until there was no faith left in the beleaguered scientists. And if that wasn't enough, direct attacks on them personally followed causing echoes of mockery and delusion that still exist today.

As far as suicide is concerned: it's a very tricky subject. There are many studies that showed suicide rates dropping during the early parts of the pandemic and only now have started to edge up over normal levels. Fluctuations in suicides could be related or unrelated to the pandemic. They could be any of the following: 1) Depression over lost or sick loved ones, 2) Anxiety over contracting the virus, 3) Conflict with family over unresolved problems that are exacerbated by the extended time together, 4) Extra surfing on the Internet looking at "how much better everyone else has it" -an interesting study found that most young folks are unhappy with life and their attitude is directly corelated to the time they spend on social media., and much more.

I can't find much information on suicide rates accelerating anywhere but in the U.S. and the Japanese article I read. The Japanese already have the highest suicide rates in the world because it's a culturally accepted practice.

As I've mentioned before, Republicans have never been politically vocal about suicide. Only now, when they can use it to potentially support their Trumpian propaganda that the virus is a hoax, do their hearts start bleeding over poor Timmy slaving "alone" over his homework on the PC.

And isn't it the Republicans who've fought to make home-schooling more mainstream?

Are you starting to catch the hypocrisy drift I'm sending your way?

UNPLUG! You're being lied to.
        Only you would make this a political issue.

DONT tell me to unplug something that has closely affected me this past year you ignorant POS.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not sure why we have to stop at covid. Let’s eradicate every disease out there. There’s tons of other diseases and viruses killing people. Why do covid lives matter more?

#maskup4lyfe
          #Strawman
          #FalseDichotomy
          #RedHerring

Comment

• Woke up in the middle of last night not feeling very well. In fact, had I not gotten the vaccine, I'd be quite confident I was coming down with something. I guess the best description would be malaise. I did have some low back pain, my shoulder was very sore, had the slightest headache, and overall my skin was uncomfortable. Can't wait for the 2nd shot. It's going to kick my ass good lol. :(

Go get those vaccines folks! Don't face the alien seed unprotected. And yes, we're all gonna face it one day. Won't you agree it's better to have taken your immune system to school first?

P.S. Does the 2nd shot have more "juice" in it or a different formula? Is that why it causes such a stronger reaction? Or is it just the immune system getting "irritated" facing the same simulated bug twice. You'd think the immune system would be less reactive knowing full well what it's dealing with the 2nd go around.

Comment

#Strawman
              #FalseDichotomy
              #RedHerring
              Covid lives matter more.

Sounds eerily similar to something else.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Woke up in the middle of last night not feeling very well. In fact, had I not gotten the vaccine, I'd be quite confident I was coming down with something. I guess the best description would be malaise. I did have some low back pain, my shoulder was very sore, had the slightest headache, and overall my skin was uncomfortable. Can't wait for the 2nd shot. It's going to kick my ass good lol. :(

Go get those vaccines folks! Don't face the alien seed unprotected. And yes, we're all gonna face it one day. Won't you agree it's better to have taken your immune system to school first?

P.S. Does the 2nd shot have more "juice" in it or a different formula? Is that why it causes such a stronger reaction? Or is it just the immune system getting "irritated" facing the same simulated bug twice. You'd think the immune system would be less reactive knowing full well what it's dealing with the 2nd go around.
                No difference in strength, It’s just a cytokine storm for number 2. The first one creates all the antibodies and they just kind of loiter. The second one gets em all amped up for a fight, but when they go looking for the perp, there’s nobody home. They rough up the “locals” and call it an early night.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

No difference in strength, It’s just a cytokine storm for number 2. The first one creates all the antibodies and they just kind of loiter. The second one gets em all amped up for a fight, but when they go looking for the perp, there’s nobody home. They rough up the “locals” and call it an early night.
                  Sounds like Portland circa summer 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Comment

Only you would make this a political issue.

DONT tell me to unplug something that has closely affected me this past year you ignorant POS.
                      So you troll nearly everything I post, sprinkle in a little name-calling, then when I stumble onto a topic that affects you personally I'm supposed to know you're being serious now?

ShockerFever,

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Signed,

CB

Comment

• Just got the first shot.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• India detects 'double mutant' coronavirus variant in western state
                          Told you...

Comment

• They Had Mild Covid. Then Their Serious Symptoms Kicked In.

A new study illuminates the complex array of neurological issues experienced by people months after their coronavirus infections.
                            In the fall, after Samar Khan came down with a mild case of Covid-19, she expected to recover and return to her previous energetic life in Chicago. After all, she was just 25, and healthy.

But weeks later, she said, “this weird constellation of symptoms began to set in.”

She had blurred vision encircled with strange halos. She had ringing in her ears, and everything began to smell like cigarettes or Lysol. One leg started to tingle, and her hands would tremble while putting on eyeliner.

She also developed “really intense brain fog,” she said. Trying to concentrate on a call for her job in financial services, she felt as if she had just come out of anesthesia. And during a debate about politics with her husband, Zayd Hayani, “I didn’t remember what I was trying to say or what my stance was,” she said.

By the end of the year, Ms. Khan was referred to a special clinic for Covid-related neurological symptoms at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, which has been evaluating and counseling hundreds of people from across the country who are experiencing similar problems.
                            “We are seeing people who are really highly, highly functional individuals, used to multitasking all the time and being on top of their game, but, all of a sudden, it’s really a struggle for them,” said Dr. Igor J. Koralnik, the chief of neuro-infectious diseases and global neurology at Northwestern Medicine, who oversees the clinic and is the senior author of the study.

The report, in which the average patient age was 43, underscores the emerging understanding that for many people, long Covid can be worse than their initial bouts with the infection, with a stubborn and complex array of symptoms.

This month, a study that analyzed electronic medical records in California found that nearly a third of the people struggling with long Covid symptoms — like shortness of breath, cough and abdominal pain — did not have any signs of illness in the first 10 days after they tested positive for the coronavirus. Surveys by patient-led groups have also found that many Covid survivors with long-term symptoms were never hospitalized for the disease.
                            I warned everybody about this **** at least 7 months ago. I fully understand some of you had no choice but to get infected. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, I'm just trying to make your arguments look even more absurd than they already do.

Every infection has a cost. We will likely never get this totally under control. But we must lower the baseline infection rate. We are already looking at millions of folks that will afflicted for a period of time that is varying and/or unknown.

Do not let this insidious alien inside your body if you can help it. Don't sit in a restaurant/bar without your vaccination. Be smart.

If I developed this "brain fog" they are describing, I wouldn't be able to work... period. It takes 100% of my mental capacity and I'm losing 1% every year with age as it is.

Be smart. Once you have your vaccine, then relax a little.

Comment

So you troll nearly everything I post, sprinkle in a little name-calling, then when I stumble onto a topic that affects you personally I'm supposed to know you're being serious now?

ShockerFever,

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Signed,

CB
                              If you’re being sincere, then thank you.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/23/h...h=login-google

I warned everybody about this **** at least 7 months ago. I fully understand some of you had no choice but to get infected. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, I'm just trying to make your arguments look even more absurd than they already do.

Every infection has a cost. We will likely never get this totally under control. But we must lower the baseline infection rate. We are already looking at millions of folks that will afflicted for a period of time that is varying and/or unknown.

Do not let this insidious alien inside your body if you can help it. Don't sit in a restaurant/bar without your vaccination. Be smart.

If I developed this "brain fog" they are describing, I wouldn't be able to work... period. It takes 100% of my mental capacity and I'm losing 1% every year with age as it is.

Be smart. Once you have your vaccine, then relax a little.
                                Hundreds of people?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X