Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

There's a lag. Over the next two weeks you will see 90% of the people who die are under 40 with no health concerns. It's coming! Also, it is science which is inexact so the numbers are allowed to be wrong with in a +/- 50% variance.
    What did Faucci say?
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

This is sooo confusing! I was told this was an alien virus. I must be a Covidiot. If only there was someone that could explain what this means. Will anyone save me from my ignorance on this news?
      A 14 paragraph rant from Cold about why he is still correct, and everyone else are not smart enough to breathe, coming in 3......2........1........

Comment

• Cold crickets tonight.

Must be out de-masking it on a park bench with some lucky lady.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          New York State has twice as many deaths from Covid-19 than any other state, and New York has accounted for one fifth of all Covid-19 deaths, but the media tells us that New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has handled the pandemic better than any other governor.
          New York also has a larger population. If you go by Covid-19 deaths per 100,000, then New Jersey has a higher rate with New York second.

Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of August 31, 2020, by state
          Last edited by 1979Shocker; August 31, 2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Large trials for anticipated Oxford COVID-19 vaccine begin in the U.S.

Comment

• Can light stop the coronavirus? | David Brenner

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

New York also has a larger population. If you go by Covid-19 deaths per 100,000, then New Jersey has a higher rate with New York second.

Death rates from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the United States as of August 31, 2020, by state
                Yes, but when it is spouted that the US has more cases and deaths, they use total cases and deaths, not by population. There seems to be some inconsistency as to when certain figures are used based on when and how it fits a particular narrative. I agree that per population is the way to look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Cold crickets tonight.

Must be out de-masking it on a park bench with some lucky lady.
                  I've had news burning in my "send folder" for a couple of days. I apologize for shirking my duties as resident lighthouse of truth.

I did spend a little time on park benches last weekend but the majority was in the suite. What a lovely lady! CB is positively floating...

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

A 14 paragraph rant from Cold about why he is still correct, and everyone else are not smart enough to breathe, coming in 3......2........1........
                    https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele.../#1af8883c3178

Twitter Removes Claim About CDC And Covid-19 Coronavirus Deaths That Trump Retweeted
                    When you see “only 6%” trending on Twitter, the next obvious question is “only 6% of what?” Only 6% of dogs wear shoes? Only 6% of cats are plotting to stage a coup d'état in your house? Only 6% of what Tinder profiles say is true?

Nope. Various Tweets were pulling the 6% number from the following passage on the “Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)” page on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website:

“Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For 6% of the deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned.”

For example, a Twitter account named Mel Q (not to be mistaken as a sixth member of the Spice Girls along with Mel B and Mel C) tweeted out the following:
                    Speaking of Trump, is that the Donald J. Trump that retweeted the Mel Q tweet? Looks that way because the account is called @realDonaldTrump as opposed to @notreallyDonaldTrump. So if the President retweeted the Mel Q statements then it’s got to be credible, right?

One itty bitty problem with the @littellmel Tweet though: it does not accurately portray what the CDC said on its web site. That’s why if you search for the original Tweet now, you will get a message that says, "This Tweet is no longer available because it violated the Twitter Rules.” Umm, whatcha doing Mr. President?

If you want to know why the original Tweet was inaccurate or misleading, just read the rest of what the CDC indicated after the 6%: “For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 2.6 additional conditions or causes per death.” Take a gander at what these additional conditions or causes are. They include things such as adult pneumonia, respiratory distress syndrome, respiratory failure, respiratory arrest, other diseases of the respiratory system, and sepsis. Hmmm, these sound very much like the things that Covid-19 can lead to and what can ultimately kill people with severe Covid-19.

So, for example, say a person gets a Covid-19 coronavirus infection, which eventually progresses to pneumonia, ARDS, respiratory distress, other organ failure, and death. Then there’s a decent chance doctors will indicate more than one of these conditions as a cause of death. After all, when you go to the grocery store, come back with a bunch of food and 5,000 rolls of toilet paper, and are asked, “where have you been and what have you been doing,” you don’t tend to just say, “I got into the car.” Instead, you tell the whole story (and maybe share some of the spaghetti, banana bread, and toilet paper that you had purchased, not necessarily at the same time).

This is a reminder that the virus can trigger a series of events that can ultimately take a person’s life. In fact, with Covid-19 leading to all sorts of problems in the body, the probability is high (say over 90%) that something else will then be recorded as a cause of death in addition to Covid-19. It would actually be unusual to simply put Covid-19 as a cause of death without specifying what led to the patient’s demise.

Thus, the 6% did not mean that “only 6%” of the 161,392 deaths (as of August 26) recorded by the CDC were actually from Covid-19 as Mel Q suggested. No, Covid-19 has killed far more people than that, over 183,000 in the U.S. according to the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center as of August 30.
                    Sorry for the 2-day old news, but I felt remiss if I didn't "catch up" on here. You'll remember that I "broke" the story on the CDC 24hrs. before the rest of the world did. No charge for that.

Thank you Twitter for removing the irresponsible message that will undoubtedly lead to more unnecessary loss of life.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

What did Faucci say?
                      https://theweek.com/speedreads/93515...s-from-covid19

Last week, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shared data showing that about 140,000 people who died of COVID-19 had a second cause of death listed, while just six percent of those causes of deaths were listed as coronavirus alone. But it didn't change the fact that all 180,000-plus coronavirus deaths in the U.S. are "real deaths from COVID-19," Dr. Anthony Fauci told Good Morning America on Tuesday.

The CDC's new data broke down a death count of 153,504 from a few weeks ago, saying just 9,210 people had only COVID-19 listed as their only cause of death. The revelation sparked false claims the CDC had revised its coronavirus death count and that the very deadly disease wasn't as fatal as it seemed. President Trump even spread the misinformation before Twitter took it down.

Fauci made it clear Tuesday morning that the information Trump was touting wasn't exactly accurate. "The point that the CDC was trying to make was that a certain percentage" of people who died "had nothing else but just COVID," the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease said. "That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of COVID didn't die of COVID-19. They did," he continued. "So the numbers you've been hearing, the 180,000-plus deaths, are real deaths from COVID-19," Fauci decisively said. "Let there not be any confusion about that."

Comment

• Top Adviser Urges Trump to Pursue ‘Herd Immunity’ and Allow COVID to Rip Through U.S. Populace, Costing ‘Hundreds of Thousands, if Not Millions’ of Lives
                        Scott Atlas, a neuroradiologist from Stanford’s conservative Hoover Institution who joined Donald Trump’s pandemic response team earlier this month, is pushing the president to “embrace a controversial “herd immunity” strategy to combat the pandemic, which would entail allowing the coronavirus to spread through most of the population to quickly build resistance to the virus,” according to the Washington Post.

The paper adds that Atlas wants to adopt Sweden’s reckless approach, the WaPo adds: “That this approach is even being discussed inside the White House is drawing concern from experts inside and outside the government who note that a herd immunity strategy could lead to the country suffering hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of lost lives.”

Atlas has no experience in infectious diseases or epidemiology, according to the paper, though WH spokesman Judd Deere described him as a “world renowned physician and scholar of advanced medical care and health care policy.” Another White House official told the paper that Atlas has fashioned himself as “the anti-Dr. Fauci.”
                        The "anti-Dr. Fauci"... lmao! That must mean Scott Atlas is everybody's hero in here then?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...demic-n1238843

Controversial doctor gives Trump highly dubious advice on pandemic

Reality-based pandemic advice apparently grew tiresome, prompting Trump to turn to a more political voice he saw on cable news.
                        Donald Trump already has access to some of the nation's preeminent voices on epidemiology, who are eager to provide the president with expert advice shaped by the latest and most accurate evidence.

But it was two weeks ago today when we learned Trump had something else in mind: Dr. Scott Atlas, a Fox News regular and a leading voice at a conservative think tank, had joined the White House team. There was no great mystery behind the decision: Atlas has pushed to re-open schools, downplayed the need for broader coronavirus testing, and criticized lockdowns intended to stop the pandemic's spread.

The neuroradiologist has "no expertise in public health or infectious disease mitigation," he hasn't practiced medicine in nearly a decade, and he's demonstrated a habit of echoing unscientific claims, but Atlas nevertheless had something more important: the capacity to tell the president what he wants to hear.

And now that Atlas is on Team Trump, what's he saying? The Washington Post reported today:
                        One of President Trump's top medical advisers is urging the White House to embrace a controversial "herd immunity" strategy to combat the pandemic, which would entail allowing the coronavirus to spread through most of the population to quickly build resistance to the virus, while taking steps to protect those in nursing homes and other vulnerable populations, according to five people familiar with the discussions. The administration has already begun to implement some policies along these lines, according to current and former officials as well as experts, particularly with regard to testing.

The chief proponent of this approach is, of course, Scott Atlas, who reportedly now speaks with Trump "almost every day" -- a benefit public-health officials do not have -- and who has "expanded his influence inside the White House by advocating policies that appeal to Trump's desire to move past the pandemic and get the economy going."

The Post added that it was earlier this summer when the president encouraged his staff "to find a new doctor who would argue an alternative point of view" that differed from Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious-disease official, and Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator.

Evidently, their reality-based advice grew tiresome, prompting Trump to turn to a more political voice he saw on cable news.

And that voice is now telling the president that if millions of additional people are infected, that would be an encouraging development. Or as Garance Franke-Ruta put it, "The new plan for America is to let everyone get sick."

Indeed, this comes just days after Trump accepted his party's presidential nomination at a White House event in which attendees largely ignored safety measures. Asked for an explanation, one senior official told CNN, "Everybody is going to catch this thing anyway."

This may be the only time you'll ever see me link MSNBC, but the originally story was WAPO and they have the paywall firmly in place.

In conclusion: It should be obvious at this point that The Donald and I are in opposite corners of the room on this issue.

J
                        F
                        C
                        !

DISCLAIMER: The news posted above did come from highly deranged sources so there is a greater than average chance of encountering embellishments and/or "editorial reporting".

Comment

• https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...he-coronavirus

Teen and children hospitalizations, deaths from coronavirus increasing: report
                          Coronavirus-related hospitalizations and deaths of children and teens are on the rise, according to data compiled by the American Academy of Pediatrics.

Although data indicate younger children are less likely to catch or transmit the virus, the May 21-Aug. 20 dataset shows a similar rise across states. Complicating matters is the fact that states use different grouping strategies, with many putting infants and teens in the same category, The New York Times notes.

Sean O’Leary, vice chairman of the American Academy of Pediatrics’s committee on infectious diseases, said that infections among children appear to increase with general community spread. He added that, as with adults, Black and Latino children appear to be at disproportionate risk of hospitalization.
                          “Anyone who has been on the front lines of this pandemic in a children’s hospital can tell you we’ve taken care of lots of kids that are very sick,” O’Leary told the Times. “Yes, it’s less severe in children than adults, but it’s not completely benign.”
                          The share of positive coronavirus cases among children has increased in every state since spring, and nearly doubled from 5 percent in May to over 9 percent Aug. 20, according to the data.

President Trump, in pushing for schools to fully reopen, has repeatedly cited a low threat to children from the virus. In early August, he falsely claimed in a “Fox & Friends” interview that children are “almost immune.” Twitter flagged the clip as containing misinformation about the virus when the president’s campaign account shared it.

“One of the challenges is that you just can’t separate schools from the community,” William Raszka Jr., a pediatric infectious disease expert at the University of Vermont in Burlington, told the Times. “When there’s a really high prevalence rate in the community and you open schools, there’s going to be a lot of transmission in schools.”

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            https://www.towleroad.com/2020/08/herd-immunity-atlas/

The "anti-Dr. Fauci"... lmao! That must mean Scott Atlas is everybody's hero in here then?

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...demic-n1238843

This may be the only time you'll ever see me link MSNBC, but the originally story was WAPO and they have the paywall firmly in place.

In conclusion: It should be obvious at this point that The Donald and I are in opposite corners of the room on this issue.

J
                            F
                            C
                            !

DISCLAIMER: The news posted above did come from highly deranged sources so there is a greater than average chance of encountering embellishments and/or "editorial reporting".
                            You've said this many times. I don't quote CNN or MSNBC, yet you have and do on a normal basis.

Comment

• Haven't posted here for awhile. We are now over 800 dead. That's the bad news.

The good news is that we are at the end of this latest curve and I got my flu shot! Hospitalizations way down, ICU population way down and the deaths are down to a trickle.....less than 10 per day. I sure hope people listen to our public health people........

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                                Haven't posted here for awhile. We are now over 800 dead. That's the bad news.

The good news is that we are at the end of this latest curve and I got my flu shot! Hospitalizations way down, ICU population way down and the deaths are down to a trickle.....less than 10 per day. I sure hope people listen to our public health people........
                                How many people did they send home to die alone?

Im guessing the answer is zero. I only point this out to say don’t catastrophise.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X