Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 1) If you are between the ages of 20 and 40 your risk of dying from COVID-19 is the same as your chance of dying from playing football.
    2) If you’re between the ages of 15 and 24 you’re more likely to be fatally afflicted by falling down the stairs than by COVID-19.
    3) Kids under 15 have more chance of getting hit by lightning than of dying from COVID-19.
    4) Healthy women under 40 … your odds of dying from COVID-19 … are about the same as dying from a plane crash.1
    5) “If you’re under the age of 65 the chance of dying of COVID-19 … is the same risk you face driving on your commute to work.”
    This is how John Ioannidis, M.D., Professor of Medicine of Health Research and Policy and of Biomedical Data Science at Stanford University School of Medicine, presents the insignificant risk posed by the “deadly and novel” virus.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by wufan View Post

      There you go again, talking about smack points in what is supposed to be a discussion. Everything is about power in discourse for you postmodernists. We can stop having power struggles when you recognize objective reality.
      See Cold wins not by the content of his posts, but by people realizing he isn't worth their time.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jdmee View Post

        See Cold wins not by the content of his posts, but by people realizing he isn't worth their time.
        Bro, I don't know if you understand how this works but... you had your shot. I gave you my undivided attention in good faith. After offering you a generous, easily comprehendible post on the topic, you responded with the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going La La La La La. Now you think you get to stand on the sidelines and chirp at me? Nuh uh. Back to lurker status for you my friend. Back to the kid's table.

        Stay safe tho!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          1) If you are between the ages of 20 and 40 your risk of dying from COVID-19 is the same as your chance of dying from playing football.
          2) If you’re between the ages of 15 and 24 you’re more likely to be fatally afflicted by falling down the stairs than by COVID-19.
          3) Kids under 15 have more chance of getting hit by lightning than of dying from COVID-19.
          4) Healthy women under 40 … your odds of dying from COVID-19 … are about the same as dying from a plane crash.1
          5) “If you’re under the age of 65 the chance of dying of COVID-19 … is the same risk you face driving on your commute to work.”
          This is how John Ioannidis, M.D., Professor of Medicine of Health Research and Policy and of Biomedical Data Science at Stanford University School of Medicine, presents the insignificant risk posed by the “deadly and novel” virus.
          I'm thankful for posts such as these. The truly hopeful (that science doesn't exist) will stumble over themselves in order to "like" it. "Hell ya! they say... as they click their mouse". Meanwhile I'm offered valuable insight as to how many Deniers are still active in these threads. There ain't many of you left. :)

          I'd prefer to believe that some have stepped into the light rather than having just gone away in disgust so they don't have to feel their indoctrinated worldview poked and prodded any longer. Hey, take it from a rather self-aware person... having to face the reality that some aspect of a deeply embedded belief is wrong, is not a comfortable experience. Come out the other side of a protracted existential crisis "whole" and then we'll talk. I've been outside the bubble, brother, and looked back down on humanity. I'd prefer to not ever be up there again. I did manage to discover my own version of the meaning of life though. Over the years it has seemed to stand the test of time.

          Comment


          • https://www.endcoronavirus.org/face-masks

            Pretty cool repository of Covid information.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

              I'm thankful for posts such as these. The truly hopeful (that science doesn't exist) will stumble over themselves in order to "like" it. "Hell ya! they say... as they click their mouse". Meanwhile I'm offered valuable insight as to how many Deniers are still active in these threads. There ain't many of you left. :)

              I'd prefer to believe that some have stepped into the light rather than having just gone away in disgust so they don't have to feel their indoctrinated worldview poked and prodded any longer. Hey, take it from a rather self-aware person... having to face the reality that some aspect of a deeply embedded belief is wrong, is not a comfortable experience. Come out the other side of a protracted existential crisis "whole" and then we'll talk. I've been outside the bubble, brother, and looked back down on humanity. I'd prefer to not ever be up there again. I did manage to discover my own version of the meaning of life though. Over the years it has seemed to stand the test of time.
              Which of the numbered items are not true?
              Livin the dream

              Comment


              • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

                I'm thankful for posts such as these. The truly hopeful (that science doesn't exist) will stumble over themselves in order to "like" it. "Hell ya! they say... as they click their mouse". Meanwhile I'm offered valuable insight as to how many Deniers are still active in these threads. There ain't many of you left. :)

                I'd prefer to believe that some have stepped into the light rather than having just gone away in disgust so they don't have to feel their indoctrinated worldview poked and prodded any longer. Hey, take it from a rather self-aware person... having to face the reality that some aspect of a deeply embedded belief is wrong, is not a comfortable experience. Come out the other side of a protracted existential crisis "whole" and then we'll talk. I've been outside the bubble, brother, and looked back down on humanity. I'd prefer to not ever be up there again. I did manage to discover my own version of the meaning of life though. Over the years it has seemed to stand the test of time.
                So your entire rebuttal to the post was being fixated on everyone who liked the post and then slammed them for it?

                Solid comeback.

                Translation = I got nuttin’
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.
                ________________
                "Enjoy the ride."

                - a smart man

                Comment


                • More science that doesn't exist from the CDC
                  • Nationally, ILI activity remains below baseline for the 22nd consecutive week and is at levels that are typical for this time of year.
                  • Only Regions 2 (New Jersey/New York/Puerto Rico), 5 (Midwest), and 6 (South Central) reported a slight increase in the percentage of visits for ILI.
                  • The percentage of visits to EDs for CLI decreased nationally for the ninth consecutive week and, compared with the previous week, decreased or remained stable (change of ≤0.1%) in all 10 HHS regions.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wufan View Post

                    Which of the numbered items are not true?
                    I suspect under close enough scrutiny all the numbered items are untrue. They may have been true at one time or another though. Covid mortality rates are not a static number, they are dynamic. That's why we look at observed case-fatality ratios. And we won't know the actual "deaths per 100,000 population" until it's all said and done. What we do know is: the younger you are, the less your chance of dying. We also know that death is not the only bad Covid outcome and nearly 2x as many people that die, have a long road to recovery (if they ever fully recover).

                    What's most important to note though is the reasoning behind putting together such a misleading piece of drivel. It's clear propaganda aimed at the war against truth and reality.

                    LMAO lightening strikes! LMAO falling down stairs! LMAO airplane crashes!

                    LLLLMAO I'm goin' to the bar! This **** ain't real.


                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

                      I suspect under close enough scrutiny all the numbered items are untrue. They may have been true at one time or another though. Covid mortality rates are not a static number, they are dynamic. That's why we look at observed case-fatality ratios. And we won't know the actual "deaths per 100,000 population" until it's all said and done. What we do know is: the younger you are, the less your chance of dying. We also know that death is not the only bad Covid outcome and nearly 2x as many people that die, have a long road to recovery (if they ever fully recover).

                      What's most important to note though is the reasoning behind putting together such a misleading piece of drivel. It's clear propaganda aimed at the war against truth and reality.

                      LMAO lightening strikes! LMAO falling down stairs! LMAO airplane crashes!

                      LLLLMAO I'm goin' to the bar! This **** ain't real.


                      Scrutinize away! Educate.

                      Also, make sure you keep your mask on at the bar. We all know that’s where the superspreaders are. No cheating!
                      Livin the dream

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

                        I suspect under close enough scrutiny all the numbered items are untrue. They may have been true at one time or another though. Covid mortality rates are not a static number, they are dynamic. That's why we look at observed case-fatality ratios. And we won't know the actual "deaths per 100,000 population" until it's all said and done. What we do know is: the younger you are, the less your chance of dying. We also know that death is not the only bad Covid outcome and nearly 2x as many people that die, have a long road to recovery (if they ever fully recover).

                        What's most important to note though is the reasoning behind putting together such a misleading piece of drivel. It's clear propaganda aimed at the war against truth and reality.

                        LMAO lightening strikes! LMAO falling down stairs! LMAO airplane crashes!

                        LLLLMAO I'm goin' to the bar! This **** ain't real.


                        Statistics denier.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.
                        ________________
                        "Enjoy the ride."

                        - a smart man

                        Comment


                        • https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/22/us/ho...ath/index.html

                          28-year-old Houston doctor dies after battle with coronavirus, family says

                          Adeline Fagan, a second year OBGYN resident living in Houston, died early Saturday after a couple months-long battle with Covid-19, her family announced in a post on a GoFundMe page established on her behalf.

                          Fagan had just started her second year of residency in Houston when she got sick, the GoFundMe page said.
                          While she mostly worked delivering babies, Fagan was doing a rotation in the ER treating Covid patients, the post said. Despite a history of asthma, upper respiratory infections and pneumonia, her sisters shared with TV station KHOU, going into work was "what (Adeline) wants to be doing."
                          "She wants to get out of bed every morning and deliver babies and help women," Maureen Fagan told KHOU.
                          They even put her on the ECMO machine. She almost made it. :(

                          There's no reason to think she wouldn't have lived a long life had she not contracted Covid. When I'm sitting here thinking about a person of this caliber who had her entire life ahead of her... I am so saddened. But at the same time I'm angry. I want justice for Adeline. I want someone held responsible. I wish there was an identifiable signature on each infection. I wish there was a way to track the chain of infections from start to finish. Maybe there was an elderly person that came to the hospital with Covid and that's how Adeline contracted it. And maybe that elderly person had lived in a nursing home prior and was attended to by a young LPN who enjoyed going out to the bars in the evening and brought Covid into her care home asymptomatically. Sound far fetched? Well I have a friend where that exact scenario happened.

                          When you wear a mask, when you forego that dinner out at Teh Sizzler; when you choose to stay at home instead of attending a house party, you can't imagine the impact your actions could have on another person's life. I'd like to believe that Adeline was one of a long line of accidental infections and there was no guilty party, but I know that's likely not true. I watch the news, I watch our ignorant president, I listen to your laughter and jokes in here... I just wish there was a way to take the pain Adeline and her family have endured and apply it to the folks who think this is all a joke. I really wish she could have justice.

                          Last month, Adeline's sisters spoke to CBS Central New York affiliate WSTM and said they hoped her story would serve as a wake-up call and that people would take the threat of the virus seriously.

                          "Wear your mask, social distance, stay home if you can," Maureen Fagan said. "Do you part so that your daughter, your friend, your sister is not Adeline because this is absolutely terrible and I wouldn't wish this on anyone."

                          "Unfortunately Adeline's story could be their story. And that by following the rules, wearing a mask, social distancing, staying home if you can, you can help the situation and that is almost your duty to do," her sister Natalie added.

                          Comment


                          • There's a 28 year old somewhere out there that died from the flu last year. Does their life not matter as much? Where's the justice for their life?

                            I hate the notion of thinking one life is more important than another's because of some trendy new disease that has consumed some people.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.
                            ________________
                            "Enjoy the ride."

                            - a smart man

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              There's a 28 year old somewhere out there that died from the flu last year. Does their life not matter as much? Where's the justice for their life?

                              I hate the notion of thinking one life is more important than another's because of some trendy new disease that has consumed some people.
                              False equivalence much? I suppose we ought to lump everyone who gets bit by a snake together, too. Why shouldn't someone think your rat snake bite is roughly the equivalent of a russel's viper bite?

                              I'd like to hear your thoughts on this one.....I can (and do) get a flu shot. I can't get a shot for COVID, and there won't be a vaccine available until sometime next year. But that's probably because I value the lives of our front-line people more than someone like you. I will let them go first, will you?

                              Comment


                              • YOU will let them go first?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X