No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had a 9 month old in McPherson County test positive. She is asymptomatic and has unknown exposure. I’m guessing false positive.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

You've said this many times. I don't quote CNN or MSNBC, yet you have and do on a normal basis.
      A tiny minority of my citations come from WAPO, MSNBC, or NYT. But sometimes they are the most easily accessible source on the topic I am commenting on. I don't cite them for editorial opinions, I am citing them for statistics, medical community commentary, and personal testimonies. They also do an excellent job of capturing every retarded thing Trump has said or done w/ regards to the pandemic. In that sense, I am sleeping with the enemy a little. But my hand was forced. I'm not a blind lemming like ya'll. I will stand up and complain when I smell bullshit.

A used car salesman can easily run this country. Just get out of the 'effin way and allow American ingenuity to flourish. But in a once-in-a-lifetime scientific crisis, you need a methodical, calculated, calm and cool leader who effortlessly exercises deference. Trump isn't any of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
        We had a 9 month old in McPherson County test positive. She is asymptomatic and has unknown exposure. I’m guessing false positive.
        https://thehill.com/changing-america...shed-virus-for

Researchers in South Korea observed 91 asymptomatic, presymptomatic and symptomatic children under the age of 19 diagnosed with COVID-19 between Feb. 18 and March 31 across 22 health care facilities in the country. Those who test positive for COVID-19 in South Korea stay at the hospital until they clear their infections, even if they are asymptomatic.

Among those patients, about 22 percent never developed symptoms, 20 percent were initially asymptomatic but later developed symptoms, and 58 percent were symptomatic after their initial test. The study showed that the duration of symptoms varied, with some kids showing symptoms for only three days and others experiencing them for nearly three weeks.

Researchers said the virus was detectable in the patients’ respiratory tracts for an average of approximately 2 1/2 weeks. About a fifth of asymptomatic patients and about half of symptomatic ones were still shedding the virus at the three week mark.

“This is striking data,” Roberta DeBiasi and Meghan Delaney of Children’s National Hospital and Research Institute wrote in an editorial accompanying the study. Neither was involved in the research.

“This suggests that even mild and moderately affected children remain symptomatic for long periods of time,” the researchers wrote in the editorial.

It’s not clear if the patients in the study were infectious while shedding the virus and for how long.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that recovered patients can continue to shed detectable levels of coronavirus for up to three months “at concentrations considerably lower than during illness, in ranges where replication-competent virus has not been reliably recovered and infectiousness is unlikely.”
        Interesting side note to go with your comment. Sort of...

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
          Haven't posted here for awhile. We are now over 800 dead. That's the bad news.

The good news is that we are at the end of this latest curve and I got my flu shot! Hospitalizations way down, ICU population way down and the deaths are down to a trickle.....less than 10 per day. I sure hope people listen to our public health people........
          Good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

How many people did they send home to die alone?

Im guessing the answer is zero. I only point this out to say don’t catastrophise.
            Don't deny, don't propagandize, and finally... don't lemming.

Take a bit of advice from someone who has forgotten more about pandemics by the time he was 30 than you'd acquire in 3 lifetimes:

Fauci: 'If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing'
            Without the endless hard work of the scientific and healthcare communities, we could have easily had multiple "northern Italy's" right here in the good ol' USofA. Thankfully, we only had one. And we're not out of the woods yet. Let's wait until December before we start brow-beating folks whose greatest sin is that they prefer to listen to the experts and not the Pied Piper.

P.S. Guess how many lives the Trumpian Propagandists have saved since the beginning of all this?

P.P.S. Hint: it's a negative number.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Don't deny, don't propagandize, and finally... don't lemming.

Take a bit of advice from someone who has forgotten more about pandemics by the time he was 30 than you'd acquire in 3 lifetimes:

Without the endless hard work of the scientific and healthcare communities, we could have easily had multiple "northern Italy's" right here in the good ol' USofA. Thankfully, we only had one. And we're not out of the woods yet. Let's wait until December before we start brow-beating folks whose greatest sin is that they prefer to listen to the experts and not the Pied Piper.

P.S. Guess how many lives the Trumpian Propagandists have saved since the beginning of all this?

P.P.S. Hint: it's a negative number.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Decision Overturned: Wichita Public Schools will allow all fall sports, activities

https://www.kansas.com/sports/varsit...245407300.html

Comment

A used car salesman can easily run this country.
                  Apparently, the left believes a senior citizen with dementia can as well...just sayin!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Decision Overturned: Wichita Public Schools will allow all fall sports, activities

https://www.kansas.com/sports/varsit...245407300.html
                    Finally some sanity restored.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Finally some sanity restored.
                      Brick by brick my citizens.....brick by brick.

Comment

• Rut roh Sleepy Joe, rut roh.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The winning strategy for Trump is to force the vaccine out regardless. The worst thing that can happen is it's unsafe and he loses the election. Without the vaccine I think he loses anyways. If it's rushed AND it's safe everybody wins. With that said, I would wait a few weeks before partaking and see how things shake out if you're elegible for the first rounds. Most of us won't get a shot until a bit later. I'm thinking it's gonna be a bit more gnarly than the flu shot. Some folks will feel quite sick. But those who do have a nasty reaction should thank their lucky stars they aren't getting the real deal from the community at large... ...insidious, alien...MF$&#@$

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this 'effin vaccine!

Comment

The winning strategy for Trump is to force the vaccine out regardless. The worst thing that can happen is it's unsafe and he loses the election. Without the vaccine I think he loses anyways. If it's rushed AND it's safe everybody wins. With that said, I would wait a few weeks before partaking and see how things shake out if you're elegible for the first rounds. Most of us won't get a shot until a bit later. I'm thinking it's gonna be a bit more gnarly than the flu shot. Some folks will feel quite sick. But those who do have a nasty reaction should thank their lucky stars they aren't getting the real deal from the community at large... ...insidious, alien...MF$&#@$

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this 'effin vaccine!
                            No way in hell anybody forces out an unsafe vaccine. No way. Joe Hiden better be hopin and prayin it gets pushed out or he will lose by even more. Could be a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                              Joe Hiden
                              LMAO

The first time you posted that I thought it was a typo. This time I thought about it a second. :)

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Tom Seaver, the greatest Met of all time, dies at 75

Looks like he died from complications of Lyme disease, dementia, and Covid-19.

Comment

Working...
                                X