Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Thank you for the wonderful compliment. You are such a good contrarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. You are such a good contrarian.
      You are welcome. I call em as I see em.

Comment

• Serious question.......didja ever hear anybody say, "yeah, I got that China virus. I remember 6 days ago, there was this guy at the next gas pump, sumbitch weren't wearin no mask...."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Serious question.......didja ever hear anybody say, "yeah, I got that China virus. I remember 6 days ago, there was this guy at the next gas pump, sumbitch weren't wearin no mask...."
          Why were you in Arkansas?

Comment

• My Sis works for Tabor College. Tabor and the nearly bankrupt hospital in Hillsboro joined forces and purchased a system that can process 40 - 50 CV samples an hour. The entire student body of Tabor can be tested and the results known within 2 days. That capacity gives Hillsboro the ability to test 100% of their population with the results ranging from an hour to around a week. That's considering 8 hour days, no overtime, and no work on weekends.

Overall in Kansas, we're getting maybe 10% of the populatin tested and results take from 1 to 2 weeks to get results. We can do better.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              My Sis works for Tabor College. Tabor and the nearly bankrupt hospital in Hillsboro joined forces and purchased a system that can process 40 - 50 CV samples an hour. The entire student body of Tabor can be tested and the results known within 2 days. That capacity gives Hillsboro the ability to test 100% of their population with the results ranging from an hour to around a week. That's considering 8 hour days, no overtime, and no work on weekends.

Overall in Kansas, we're getting maybe 10% of the populatin tested and results take from 1 to 2 weeks to get results. We can do better.
              I think you are misunderstanding something here. You have to grow the virus, then test it. That growth phase is usually 24 hours, so it takes 10 minutes to set up 10 samples. 24-48 hours later they are ready to be read, then distributed. The reading and reporting takes time, plus you have to have someone review the data, then the results can be distributed. Usually, people that pitch these ideas don’t plan for the reading and distribution, which is where the backlog occurs. Unless they are using a rapid testing system, they aren’t going to have results back in an hour, and if they are using a rapid testing system, then they aren’t processing 40-50 samples an hour.

That said, Yes we can do better.
              Last edited by wufan; August 8, 2020, 09:38 AM.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Sxrry xf x trxggxrxd yxx. Xrx yxx strxssxd xxt xr sxmxthxng?
                Im just glad you are doing your part to dismantle the patriarchy in this very not political virus situation.
                Livin the dream

Comment

My Sis works for Tabor College. Tabor and the nearly bankrupt hospital in Hillsboro joined forces and purchased a system that can process 40 - 50 CV samples an hour. The entire student body of Tabor can be tested and the results known within 2 days. That capacity gives Hillsboro the ability to test 100% of their population with the results ranging from an hour to around a week. That's considering 8 hour days, no overtime, and no work on weekends.

A couple more things:

The population of Hillsboro is just shy of 3000. The student body population is probably 500 or so. Let’s call it 3000.

With 500 students, and 50 tests an hour, that means you have to process 50 people through a specific area every hour. You can get them all in and out in 10 hours. Then the rest of the population has to go through. That’s another 50 hours. So 7.5 workdays of constantly shuffling everyone through the same area. You need at least 3 receptionists and 20 test administrators. Two lab techs, an engineer, a couple of warehouse guys, and three medical billing professionals, a supervisor, and a doctor. Also, you have to specially outfit a wing of the hospital for this. About 50 people to serve 3000. To get this to every other day on the population (this all assumes that they are running 200 rapid test machines). You need 200 people working. About 8% of the population doing nothing but facilitating testing, and the dutiful population spending 1-2 hours a week getting a swab in the schnoz.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• WHERE ARE THE NUMBERS??!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

About 8% of the population doing nothing but facilitating testing, and the dutiful population spending 1-2 hours a week getting a swab in the schnoz.
                      So, with unemployment above 10% we have the capability to do this on a national level, even with your rather pessimistic staffing requirements. 20 test administrators for 50 tests an hour on a single machine? How many of them are merely observing?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

So, with unemployment above 10% we have the capability to do this on a national level, even with your rather pessimistic staffing requirements. 20 test administrators for 50 tests an hour on a single machine? How many of them are merely observing?
                        Well, you have to train all those folks, but yeah you just solved unemployment.

Tell me how the instrument they purchased works. The rapid testing machine tests a single sample in about 15 minutes, so if you are doing 50 an hour, you need at least a dozen of them. I’m assuming this isn’t the case. It’s more likely that you run a panel of 10 samples an hour and you have five of those. The one I’m familiar with requires the virus to be grown for a day or two prior to running.

As to the test administrators, when I got my test someone put me in a room and shoved a swab up my nose. That took about 10 minutes. One person could do about 5 an hour, but they were also taking you to the room, dismissing you, and checking your paperwork so I doubled the time.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• This guy just took something called Hydroxychloroquine and claimed it saved his life:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nyc-co...d-19-recovery/

Do any of the experts know anything about this? Have other countries used it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            This guy just took something called Hydroxychloroquine and claimed it saved his life:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/08/nyc-co...d-19-recovery/

Do any of the experts know anything about this? Have other countries used it?
                            I believe it is illegal to use that drug on COVID-19. He should be jailed, after he recovers of course (we're not animals).

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I believe it is illegal to use that drug on COVID-19. He should be jailed, after he recovers of course (we're not animals).
                              Well that happened in March before it was illegal.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Well, you have to train all those folks, but yeah you just solved unemployment.

Tell me how the instrument they purchased works. The rapid testing machine tests a single sample in about 15 minutes, so if you are doing 50 an hour, you need at least a dozen of them. I’m assuming this isn’t the case. It’s more likely that you run a panel of 10 samples an hour and you have five of those. The one I’m familiar with requires the virus to be grown for a day or two prior to running.

As to the test administrators, when I got my test someone put me in a room and shoved a swab up my nose. That took about 10 minutes. One person could do about 5 an hour, but they were also taking you to the room, dismissing you, and checking your paperwork so I doubled the time.
                                Aargh, Any updates?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X