No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good news, except maybe for the ghouls and doom-and gloom prophets: New CDC guidelines state if you've been within 6' of someone who has covid19 (IT DIDN'T REFERENCE A MASK) for more than 15 minutes and do not display symptoms of the virus thereafter, you DO NOT need to be tested.

As an aside: Does anyone know what the current median age is for fatalities due to a person experiencing Bat Flu symptoms? I'll check back later.

Comment

• I can't find the excess death chart to save my life.

Comment

• https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisiona...nd-S/9bhg-hcku

Provisional COVID-19 Death Counts by Sex, Age, and State (CDC)

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I can't find the excess death chart to save my life.
          Figures present excess deaths associated with COVID-19 at the national and state levels.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• When you scroll down and see the chart, don't forget that you can change it to a specific state.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Abbott labs releases $5 fifteen minute test. 10 million in September, 50 million in October. +90% effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m just waiting for you to run the numbers. Hint: it’s 1 in 8 million.
                https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...s-say-n1238679

COVID-19 reinfection reported in Nevada patient, researchers say
                A Nevada man appears to be the nation's first confirmed case of COVID-19 reinfection, researchers say.

The case is detailed in an online preprint, a study that has not yet been peer reviewed before officially being published.

The case involves a 25-year-old man living in Reno, Nevada, who first tested positive for COVID-19 in mid-April. He recovered, but got sick again in late May. The second time around, his illness was more severe, the case report said.

Researchers reported that genetic sequencing of the virus revealed that he had been infected with a slightly different strain, indicating a true reinfection.
                It's still unclear why the patient was reinfected. The cause could lie in his immune system, the virus itself, or a combination of the two.

Mark Pandori, director the Nevada State Public Health Laboratory and one of the authors of the report, stressed that reinfection with the coronavirus appears to be rare. This is the first instance reported in the U.S. among the nation's nearly 6 million cases so far, and "may not be generalizable" to the public, Pandori said.

Still, he urged caution. "If you've had it, you can't necessarily be considered invulnerable to the infection" again, said Pandori, who is also an associate professor of pathology and lab medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine.

"The evidence so far suggests that if you've been infected and recovered, then you're protected for some period of time," Dr. Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, said. "We don't know how long, and we're going to find individual cases of people for whom that's not true."
                "You'd expect the second time around people to have much milder or ideally no symptoms," Jha said. That's because the immune system should be able to mount a more robust response, and the Hong Kong case was "completely consistent with that."

In the Nevada case, however, the man got sicker the second time. When he was first infected, he had typical symptoms for the coronavirus: headache, cough, sore throat, nausea and diarrhea. Within about 10 days, the symptoms cleared up, and he tested negative for the virus.
                4 out of 24 million now wufan. Considering the only aspect of the subject matter you've been accurate on is the part where you reduce the fraction to the lowest terms, I'm gonna step aside now, not stealing your thunder, and let you do you. 24/4

Comment

• Whelp! It looks like the mask debate is closed for good.

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentra...-counties.html

Ohio’s coronavirus cases drop after statewide mask order, dramatically so in some counties
                  CLEVELAND, Ohio - There’s no way for sure to tie the outcome directly to Gov. Mike DeWine’s statewide order to wear masks, but new coronavirus cases are down across Ohio since the order was imposed July 23, dramatically so in some in some counties.

This trend becomes clear in examining the dates for the estimated onset of symptoms for each case, rather than when the cases were finally reported by the state.
                  DeWine on July 7 issued a mask order for seven “red alert” counties, including Cuyahoga, Hamilton and Franklin. After the initial order was implemented in the three big counties, reported cases began to fall, while they were still increasing elsewhere.
                  The governor then implemented the mask order statewide on July 23.

The onset of new cases appear to be down more than a third since the state order was issued, cleveland.com found in analyzing Ohio Department of Health data for July 17-23 and Aug. 14-20.

The dates since Aug. 20 were not included in the analysis because it takes time from when symptoms begin until when people get tested, and the results are relayed to the state. So in each of the two time periods, cleveland.com examined case data available one week later.

There are 5,082 known coronavirus cases with an onset of symptoms from Aug. 14 through Aug. 20, a 34.9% drop from the 7,804 cases that were known by July 30 for cases with an onset from July 17-23.
                  Dewine has opposed Trump on several Covid issues. He did the smart thing and saved lives. What are some Republicans doing in response?

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2020/...e-reforms.html

Bringing up articles of impeachment. No, you can't make this stuff up.

Four Ohio House Republicans are co-sponsoring 10 articles of impeachment against DeWine, a Greene County Republican, claiming many of his administration’s coronavirus orders – such as a since-revoked “stay-at-home” order and face-mask requirements -- are unconstitutional and violate Ohioans’ civil liberties.
                  It's almost as if they WANT to hurt people. SMMFH.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...s-say-n1238679

4 out of 24 million now wufan. Considering the only aspect of the subject matter you've been accurate on is the part where you reduce the fraction to the lowest terms, I'm gonna step aside now, not stealing your thunder, and let you do you. 24/4
                    You probably feel vindicated by your +1 every several days or so. Such is life for someone that doesn’t understand statistics. I’ve got an idea for you. Work on your self. Once you’ve got that figured out, come on back and join the kids table.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

You probably feel vindicated by your +1 every several days or so. Such is life for someone that doesn’t understand statistics. I’ve got an idea for you. Work on your self. Once you’ve got that figured out, come on back and join the kids table.
                      We're a long way from the end of your lesson my friend. The real question is, do you know what lesson you're learning?

Comment

We're a long way from the end of your lesson my friend. The real question is, do you know what lesson you're learning?
                        Yeah. When you argue with idiots everyone loses.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Yeah. When you argue with CB, everyone eventually loses.
                          Closer than you might think! FIFY :)

A little Covid horror reading for your weekend. Maybe it will be an encouragement to those of us who are sacrificing and about to lose our minds, that it's not all for naught; and a stiff reminder to the others who may be weighing the cost/benefit of social distancing on a daily basis.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/28/...y-confinement/

My severe Covid-19: It felt like dying in solitary confinement
                          Covid-19 is teaching everyone in medicine lessons about health care and public health. Mine have been up close, personal, and frightening.

One day I was a healthy 44-year-old doctor, CEO of a health care company, and a triathlete who was prepared to do another triathlon. Then...

Comment

Closer than you might think! FIFY :)

A little Covid horror reading for your weekend. Maybe it will be an encouragement to those of us who are sacrificing and about to lose our minds, that it's not all for naught; and a stiff reminder to the others who may be weighing the cost/benefit of social distancing on a daily basis.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/08/28/...y-confinement/

You can’t even honestly quote someone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...ist-lies%3famp

Please work with a professional.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

You can’t even honestly quote someone.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psy...ist-lies%3famp

Please work with a professional.
                              LoL! Did you not see my annotation, "FIFY"?

Let me save you some trouble on the NPD diagnosis. CB lacks the crucial low self-esteem component essential to kicking off the approval seeking then attack cycle. CB knows what he brings to the table. Now all this third person **** should have clued you in to something altogether different. (Hint: DID)

Comment

LoL! Did you not see my annotation, "FIFY"?

Let me save you some trouble on the NPD diagnosis. CB lacks the crucial low self-esteem component essential to kicking off the approval seeking then attack cycle. CB knows what he brings to the table. Now all this third person **** should have clued you in to something altogether different. (Hint: DID)
                                I knew it! (Hint: they)

Comment

Working...
                                X