Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Translation: I got owned.
    Not even close dude lol. Commenting on chart scaling (or getting fooled by it) is about as noob as it gets.

The point of the original post was to highlight the subsequent days of 100% deaths. I think wufan's (and my) joke has sailed clean over your head.

At least I hope wufan was joking........

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Not even close dude lol. Commenting on chart scaling (or getting fooled by it) is about as noob as it gets.

The point of the original post was to highlight the subsequent days of 100% deaths. I think wufan's (and my) joke has sailed clean over your head.

If you were trying to show an increase in Florida (which it does show), there’s no reason to add New York. That’s counter to the point you were trying to make.
      Livin the dream

Comment

You made a direct comparison to NY’s situation and Florida’s in terms of both cases and deaths. Florida better start picking up the pace if they want to make a 1/5th of NY’s event. You do have me thinking though that NY’s numbers probably are a bit inflated so maybe 1/4th is a better expectation.

Dont get mad at me that you made a horrible comparison and then got called out for it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If you were trying to show an increase in Florida (which it does show), there’s no reason to add New York. That’s counter to the point you were trying to make.
          I was trying to be informational and provide side by side comparisons of Florida (current) and NYC (past) so people can be informed. I had no intention of "tricking" people with scale. Coincidentally, I had a post made up last week where I was going to show "scale adjusted" death count breakouts because Texas and Florida's scales were already minimizing the visual context, but decided to throw it in the trash bin. No need to sensationalize things. But I get tempted with all the Covidiocy happening around here all the time.

It would be "counter to my point" if I was trying to make the point you are implying, which I wasn't.

Don't try to play gotcha with me fella; it hasn't happened in 20 years... it ain't happenin' now. ;)

T

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You made a direct comparison to NY’s situation and Florida’s in terms of both cases and deaths. Florida better start picking up the pace if they want to make a 1/5th of NY’s event. You do have me thinking though that NY’s numbers probably are a bit inflated so maybe 1/4th is a better expectation.

Dont get mad at me that you made a horrible comparison and then got called out for it.
            You're literally just screaming from row 34 right at this point and I can't hear a thing. All I see are hysterics. Sit down.

T

Comment

I was trying to be informational and provide side by side comparisons of Florida (current) and NYC (past) so people can be informed. I had no intention of "tricking" people with scale. Coincidentally, I had a post made up last week where I was going to show "scale adjusted" death count breakouts because Texas and Florida's scales were already minimizing the visual context, but decided to throw it in the trash bin. No need to sensationalize things. But I get tempted with all the Covidiocy happening around here all the time.

It would be "counter to my point" if I was trying to make the point you are implying, which I wasn't.

Don't try to play gotcha with me fella; it hasn't happened in 20 years... it ain't happenin' now. ;)

T

What was your point again? All I see is hysterics.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

What was your point again? All I see is hysterics.
                Stop trollin' :)

My point IS, and always will be... to inform as best I can and fight the Covidiots until they relent.

I want this virus gone. That means we all have to start "overreacting" just like Fauci describes.

I want my life back. Don't you?

T

Comment

• I’m just overwhelmed with information!
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Can someone tell me what's going on in NYC with testing, hospitalization and deaths?

I know that's a big question, and I guess what I want to know is, if Covid cases in NYC are crawling along, with little to no increase in cases, lots of testing (%) and no problem with hospitalizations....then why?

And if you're going to tell me it's because they're wearing masks you're full of ****. And 12 million living on the island, it's not social distancing either. And it's not a vaccine.

And maybe the question is moot because it's still a huge problem there....that's why I'm asking.

Comment

• Let me cut to the chase. The US has the worst response to CV of any advanced nation. We have a worse response than some 3rd world countries.

Our cases are rising at alarming rates. Every day there are around 70,000 more people spreading the virus.

If that continues, our economy will be crippled. Parents will refuse to send their kids to school. Teachers will refuse to enter classrooms.

Contact tracing is seriously compromised when it takes 5 - 7 days to get the results of a CV test.

This should be a wake up call that no matter what the political implications or your personal desire to express your freedom - this is when you should be exercising every effort you have to prevent the spread of this virus.

Not doing everything in your power to reduce the spread of the infection harms the economy, kills some people, compromises the basketball season, and etc.

Why on earth wouldn't you do anything to slow the spread of the infection?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        Let me cut to the chase. The US has the worst response to CV of any advanced nation. We have a worse response than some 3rd world countries.

Our cases are rising at alarming rates. Every day there are around 70,000 more people spreading the virus.

If that continues, our economy will be crippled. Parents will refuse to send their kids to school. Teachers will refuse to enter classrooms.

Contact tracing is seriously compromised when it takes 5 - 7 days to get the results of a CV test.

This should be a wake up call that no matter what the political implications or your personal desire to express your freedom - this is when you should be exercising every effort you have to prevent the spread of this virus.

Not doing everything in your power to reduce the spread of the infection harms the economy, kills some people, compromises the basketball season, and etc.

You’re right. The violent and crazy protests that have happened every day and/or night for a month (in most large cities) with no social distancing and often without masks, and people in clubs/bars with little social distancing have taken their toll in a lot of cases these past couple of weeks (since George Floyd).

Also parents shouldn’t have to take their kids to school if they don’t want to. Teachers who don’t want to do their jobs don’t have to either. People should get paid for working not for sitting at home like last spring.

Comment

• Lol, there is no middle ground. It is either we are all going to die or it is a world conspiracy that will go away in November.

Memo to the we are all going to die: if u look at the normalized numbers, the US is no where near the worst. If u looks at third world countries - they are not truthful. Speak with facts, Don’t be a drama queen, u are not whining anybody over (only scaring to death those who think they are going to die).

Memo to the world conspiracy crowd - it is real. If u are older, have some preexisting conditions that makes u vulnerable or some young kid who smokes or vapes - you better take precautions. For all other Just be good citizens because you will have plenty of time to debate the mask mandates.

Comment

You're literally just screaming from row 34 right at this point and I can't hear a thing. All I see are hysterics. Sit down.

T

Once again, shut down.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              Let me cut to the chase. The US has the worst response to CV of any advanced nation. We have a worse response than some 3rd world countries.

That was you “cutting to the chase”? lol I dunno where even to start.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Can someone tell me what's going on in NYC with testing, hospitalization and deaths?

I know that's a big question, and I guess what I want to know is, if Covid cases in NYC are crawling along, with little to no increase in cases, lots of testing (%) and no problem with hospitalizations....then why?

And if you're going to tell me it's because they're wearing masks you're full of ****. And 12 million living on the island, it's not social distancing either. And it's not a vaccine.

And maybe the question is moot because it's still a huge problem there....that's why I'm asking.
                                New Cases going down:

Capture.JPG

Deaths going down:

Capture.JPG

Something funky is going on with the data being presented out of NY for sure. Don't trust the data.

Comment

Working...
                                X