Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
    Dr. Marc Siegel NYU Langone Health said this morning that a speculation that the Carona Virus could come back again in the fall comes from the 1918 Spanish Flu which mutated and came back. He stated further that they don't know.

It sounds like generalizations, and assumptions and the speculation is likely to be incorrect as correct. . I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors, anxieties, and mental breakdowns regarding this possibility.
    Yep. And then when it turns out that nothing even remotely close to what they "predict" happens, they will just say "Oh well, it's science and it can be inexact so we can be wrong and that's ok."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Dr. Marc Siegel NYU Langone Health said this morning that a speculation that the Carona Virus could come back again in the fall comes from the 1918 Spanish Flu which mutated and came back. He stated further that they don't know.

It sounds like generalizations, and assumptions and the speculation is likely to be incorrect as correct. . I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors, anxieties, and mental breakdowns regarding this possibility.
      This is a pretty good point. Cold acts like he can predict the future and knows the ins and outs of this virus, while at the same time touting that it’s unpredictable and unknown.

Hypocrisy at its finest.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Just saw your post MKR.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• https://www.forbes.com/sites/carliep.../#301a473316b4

Two More People Were Reinfected With Coronavirus After Recovering From First Case, Virologists Say
          Virologists have confirmed two more patients that have been reinfected with coronavirus after previously recovering from the disease, a day after Hong Kong researchers identified the first documented case of reinfection as the world races to contain the pandemic that has infected millions and killed more than 800,000.
          The question of whether catching coronavirus protects a person from subsequent infections was raised early on in the pandemic, with many hopeful that if enough people were infected and survived, herd immunity could be achieved. The new reports this week may have implications on the developments for a vaccine, with Van Ranst telling Reuters any immunizations could have to be readministered with regularity to be effective, saying “perhaps a vaccine will need to be repeated every year, or within two or three years. It seems clear though that we won’t have something that works for, say, 10 years.” However, scientists say it’s still too soon to judge the nature of coronavirus immunity based on just these three cases.
          Whelp! That didn't take long. I guess 1 in 24 million is out the door. Let's go with 3 in 24 million now...

To be totally honest, I have been laughing my butt off reading some of the posts on here regarding this issue. It doesn't take a semester of epidemiology to know that there will be cases of reinfections dealing with any virus let alone a coronavirus.

I honestly have come to these threads in hopes of saving a few of ya'll from potentially bad physical outcomes. I know we have a lot of aged folks in here. I never came to troll and that's a fact. But oh if I had... it would be glorious. All these "little victories" stacked end-on-end could reach to the moon. But alas, those times are in the past and I have a significant advantage over most of ya'll on the subject matter so it really isn't fair. It would be like clubbing a baby seal if things got serious (okay, full disclosure,... that was a tiny troll). :D

P.S. But when has it ever been fair to intellectually spar w/ CB? ;)

P.S.S. I'm just messin' w/ ya'll. Settle the F down.

OMFG! Menstrual cycles spiking everywhere!!!!

wufan ShockerFever Shockm WuDrWu wichshock65 WstateU MoValley John MikeKennedyRulZ

Comment

• "I honestly have come to these threads in hopes of saving a few of ya'll"

Personally, I didn't come the SN to be saved. Never have.

Maybe, just maybe, you get accused of being way to the left of center because you beat everyone on the forum over the head with the "I'm going to save you because you're not smart enough to save yourself" crap. That's been a Democrat philosophy forever. Conservatives don't need anyone to save us. We'll take care of ourselves.

IDK, just thinking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
              "I honestly have come to these threads in hopes of saving a few of ya'll"

Maybe, just maybe, you get accused of being way to the left of center because you beat everyone on the forum over the head with the "I'm going to save you because you're not smart enough to save yourself" crap. That's been a Democrat philosophy forever. Conservatives don't need anyone to save us. We'll take care of ourselves.

No, you just came to the thread to spread misinformation and political propaganda.

The sharing of information between those with more and those with less is how learnin' is done.

Maybe you should just think out quiet for a change unless you decide to phrase your future comments in the form of a question.

This is only a suggestion though, you are well within your rights to continue to post nonsense like the rest of the Deniers. I'm a very patient man.

Oh... and you're welcome. :)

Comment

• I have dialed up the acerbity of my responses a notch or two. I do hope everyone is okay with it. We don't want to confuse my docility with weakness. That's how things could get out of hand. I have no doubt I'll be the tallest nail that gets hammered down in that scenario. Perhaps when I post timely news articles in the future ya'll can direct your frustrations towards the message and not the messenger. Is it really that fun tossing trash over the fence at a chained pit-bull?

I guess I could see how it would be for some. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  P.S. But when has it ever been fair to intellectually spar w/ CB? ;)

P.S.S. I'm just messin' w/ ya'll. Settle the F down.
                  By the way. It is P.P.S not P.S.S

Since modern technology makes it so easy to revise and add to texts, in most cases it’s better to just go back and insert the additional material at an appropriate point in the main body of the writing. “PSS” makes you look not only ignorant, but lazy.
                  Says it all.

Comment

• Says it all huh? You guys... lol

Out of intellectual ammo so now you're gonna send the grammar police?

Look back over all my previous usages of it. You'll find that it is correct. I actually noticed that I did that after some light proofreading but decided to let it go. Some of my posts are a work of art (and time-consuming). I hate editing them for small reasons and then seeing the "edited" notation at the bottom. Perfectionism has its price.

Shockernet vs. CB ---- literally.

P.S. Using P.S. and P.P.S. has been a part of my posting repertoire since the beginning of Internet time.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      "I honestly have come to these threads in hopes of saving a few of ya'll"

This is a good point and one I hadn't previously thought about. Great catch.

Cold does have a lot of the Dems "I am smarter than you, I know what you need, let me tell you what you should think and what you need." in him. Also, a lot of the "big hat no cattle" and "ten pounds of Sh!t in a 5 pound bag"

Comment

Says it all huh? You guys... lol

Out of intellectual ammo so now you're gonna send the grammar police?

Look back over all my previous usages of it. You'll find that it is correct. I actually noticed that I did that after some light proofreading but decided to let it go. Some of my posts are a work of art (and time-consuming). I hate editing them for small reasons and then seeing the "edited" notation at the bottom. Perfectionism has its price.

Shockernet vs. CB ---- literally.

P.S. Using P.S. and P.P.S. has been a part of my posting repertoire since the beginning of Internet time.
                        No, it is your lack of answering others request for intellectual information that tells me how much intellectual ammo to use.

I have come to realize that big long posts with little to no actual substance is your M.O.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

No, it is your lack of answering others request for intellectual information that tells me how much intellectual ammo to use.

I have come to realize that big long posts with little to no actual substance is your M.O.
                          My M.O. is facts my friend. Which is why it is very difficult to win an argument against me and also why you chose to attack the grammar of an abbreviation in one of my posts instead of the substance. I have been more than generous with my time, answering legitimate (and even illegitimate) questions directed my way.

Comment

• Tremendous amount of focus on me right now. I suppose I'll step away for a bit in order to create a reality vacuum in which ya'll can fill with whatever makes you comfortable.

I mean... I didn't even post anything that negative. We're only at 3 out of 24 million now. That must have been the straw with ol' wufan though. Outlier! Model! One can be wrong only so many times until they lose their sporting attitude. :(

Comment

Tremendous amount of focus on me right now. I suppose I'll step away for a bit in order to create a reality vacuum in which ya'll can fill with whatever makes you comfortable.

I mean... I didn't even post anything that negative. We're only at 3 out of 24 million now. That must have been the straw with ol' wufan though. Outlier! Model! One can be wrong only so many times until they lose their sporting attitude. :(
                              I’m just waiting for you to run the numbers. Hint: it’s 1 in 8 million.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Ok I will play along.

You have portrayed the reinfection issue as something to worry about and in a way where it seems you are saying it will be widespread. However, you have never and wouldn't actually say it. That would take away your deniability. This way you can keep your 99.97%. "I never said it would be millions, just that it will happen."

However, most people would be surprised if there was 0 reinfections. People immune systems are complex and different from person to person. Put two people in a room and pump in viruses. It is very possible one person catches it and another doesn't. It is just the way it is. There are reinfections all the time.

What we are saying is that it us an outlier. 7.7+ billion of us will not be impacted. The rest of us will most likely only be impacted because they know someone who was reinfected or were scared about the idea of reinfections. Even the article you posted states that there is nothing to indicate that reinfections are a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X