Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

LOL. But that part of the article didn't fit the narrative. Kinda waters down the "evolution", huh?
    What narrative. Did you even read the article you silly person? You might learn somethin' new if you did. The website is basically agnostic politically.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      "Experts cautioned that this patient’s case could be an outlier"

Of course you two hopefuls cling to the above conjecture and totally disregard the following FACT:

"This is the world’s first documentation of a patient who recovered from Covid-19 but got another episode of Covid-19 afterwards,"

And this is why I have had an accuracy of 99.99% on Coronavirus issues while ya'll are batting around .500 (the times you agreed with me) :P

There have been more reported cases of reinfections, they just haven't been documented as separate strains. Of course there are going to be reinfections, the common cold is a coronavirus and if we don't become immune to the ever-evolving cold, we aren't going to be permanently immune to Covid-19 either. All we can hope for is ENOUGH immunity to rid it from the community at large. Perhaps we will have multiple vaccine shots throughout the year as it mutates. We have now proven we can produce vaccines in a fraction of the time as in the past. Perhaps we'll be working on the next vaccine iteration as soon as the one in the fall is released.

The point of the article is to inform ya'll on what I already know. That this is an insidious, alien virus and quite unpredictable. It's best to keep your eyes wide open to new information lest you put yourself and your family in unnecessary harm due to your hubris.

P.S. I didn't even see the doctor's disclaimer about it being an outlier. It was generous of her to say as a gesture of calm and good will, but doctors and scientists have understand the issue quite well from the moment it was realized we were dealing with a coronavirus. They are slippery...

P.P.S. Again, the point you should have taken from my post is what I said on the potential greater vaccinal-immunal effect towards the goal of herd immunity versus the community spread and mild asymptomatic infections. I don't flap my gums 'fer nuttin'. There's pearls between them thar lines...
      1 in 24 million might be an outlier. What statistical model are you using?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

1 in 24 million might be an outlier. What statistical model are you using?
        If you would be willing to go forward with the hypothesis that this could be #1 out of 24 million, and you could do so with a straight face and a background in the sciences... I doubt any models I offered would convince you of anything.

Hint: it's the nature of the coronavirus to be immunity evasive.
        Bonus hint: there are already multiple reports of "cleared infections" returning positives months later.
        Xtra-bonus hint: rational minds would not deduce that we just got lucky catching patient one in 24 million.

Let's focus on the good news shall we? The 2nd go-around was milder in this case.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Also from the article, that Cold forgot to mention:
          Why would Cold omit that part of the article? Weird.

It is a known fact that when viruses mutate, they weaken.

1 case out of 24 million is a cause for concern and is now threatening the fate of the species.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you would be willing to go forward with the hypothesis that this could be #1 out of 24 million, and you could do so with a straight face and a background in the sciences... I doubt any models I offered would convince you of anything.

Hint: it's the nature of the coronavirus to be immunity evasive.
            Bonus hint: there are already multiple reports of "cleared infections" returning positives months later.
            Xtra-bonus hint: rational minds would not deduce that we just got lucky catching patient one in 24 million.

Let's focus on the good news shall we? The 2nd go-around was milder in this case.
            What statistical model are you using where 1 in 24 million isn’t an outlier? If you don’t believe that number is correct, then what is the correct number and how did you arrive at it? Once you present that number, run it through a statistical model and tell me the statistical likelihood.

Your fantastical fairytales aren’t fit for my 8 year old.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

It is a known fact that when viruses mutate, they weaken.
              Incorrect generalization/assumption.

Comment

Incorrect generalization/assumption.
                Of course it is.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Dr. Marc Siegel NYU Langone Health said this morning that a speculation that the Carona Virus could come back again in the fall comes from the 1918 Spanish Flu which mutated and came back. He stated further that they don't know.

It sounds like generalizations, and assumptions and the speculation is likely to be incorrect as correct. . I'm sure there will be a lot of rumors, anxieties, and mental breakdowns regarding this possibility.
                  Last edited by Shockm; August 25, 2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Perhaps I missed this as well, but isn't this one case also asymptomatic?

I'm literally shaking in my boots. 1 in 24 million, and if it weren't for testing, wouldn't even know it.

And I'll remind everyone I'm a gasoline soaked rag with Covid being a lit match.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Perhaps I missed this as well, but isn't this one case also asymptomatic?

I'm literally shaking in my boots. 1 in 24 million, and if it weren't for testing, wouldn't even know it.

And I'll remind everyone I'm a gasoline soaked rag with Covid being a lit match.
                      Rest easy Doc. Better odds of something happening to you are:
                      • Getting a royal flush in your first hand of poker – 1 in 649,740
                      • Dating a supermodel – 1 in 880,000
                      • Becoming an astronaut – 1 in 12,100,000
                      • Winning an Oscar – 1 in 11,500
                      • Having identical quadruplets – 1 in 15,000,000
                      • Winning an Olympic gold medal – 1 in 662,000
                      • Finding a pearl in an oyster – 1 in 12,000
                      • Writing a New York Tomes best seller – 1 in 220
                      If you're going to worry about something happening, worry about your dating a supermodel. HIGH MAINTENANCE!

Comment

• Getting a royal flush in your first hand of poker – 1 in 14
                        • Dating a supermodel – Even money
                        • Becoming an astronaut – Been there
                        • Winning an Oscar – Could, but not interested.
                        • Having identical quadruplets – All offspring will be perfect
                        • Winning an Olympic gold medal – In how many different events?
                        • Finding a pearl in an oyster – Make my own.
                        • Writing a New York Tomes best seller – Own the Old Grey Lady
                        Supermodels are convenient backups
                        FIFC

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Perhaps I missed this as well, but isn't this one case also asymptomatic?

Congratulations! That makes you irrational!

Comment

If you're going to worry about something happening, worry about your dating a supermodel. HIGH MAINTENANCE!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Sage advice my friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X