No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the trendline showing for Kansas?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• 99.8% survival rate.

...it's real

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He's still avoiding it because facts suck. And it doesn't fit his narrative that everybody is gonna die.
        It's completely irrelevant and the folly of an undisciplined mind desperately searching for an alternative reality.

Infections, hospitalizations, and deaths are rising rapidly and it's going to get worse.

CDC director warns the next few months could be ‘the most difficult in the public health history of this nation
        I mean... who are you guys arguing with? Yourselves? Dr. Redfield? The alien virus? It just is...

Raising your torches over holiday reporting delays is the act of madmen.

Making the not-so-subtle inference that reporting delays somehow change the reality of the situation we are in is the act of insincere madmen.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          It's completely irrelevant and the folly of an undisciplined mind desperately searching for an alternative reality.
          Reporting sensationalist news articles that talk about record spikes -- that occurred due to holiday reporting delays -- is a mind searching to justify his nosophobic ranting posts.

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Infections ... are rising rapidly.
          False. They are flat.

Hospitalizations are rising rapidly.
          True.

Deaths are rising rapidly.
          False. (they are falling unless you agree with us on the data delay -- then they are probably rising slightly)

... and it's going to get worse.
          True, winter will bring about an increase in illness.

Now for Kansas?

New cases are falling rapidly.
          Daily deaths are slightly increasing.
          Covid ICU bed usage is falling.
          Overall hospitalizations are falling.

In Sedgwick County ...

New cases are falling.
          ICU bed usage is falling slightly.
          Hospitalizations have plateaued.
          Daily deaths seem plateaued but the numbers are low enough I haven't tracked them.

All that to say, I expect these numbers -- even falling ones -- to trend UP slightly due to typical cold weather illness patterns, but that's not unexpected or sensational news.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• So, in our household, my step-son got the antibody test 2 weeks ago and found out he had it at least 3-4 weeks prior (had the IgG antibody). My step-daughter tested positive 2 days ago via rapid test with mild cold-like symptoms plus muted taste and smell. Yesterday I noticed I had a muted sense of taste and smell with certain things (namely toothpaste, vanilla, coconut and peppermint extracts, pepperoni, onion, certain spices). Thankfully, coffee is fine! Same thing today, but so far no other symptoms. Wife (no symptoms, yet) and I are getting tested Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              So, in our household, my step-son got the antibody test 2 weeks ago and found out he had it at least 3-4 weeks prior (had the IgG antibody). My step-daughter tested positive 2 days ago via rapid test with mild cold-like symptoms plus muted taste and smell. Yesterday I noticed I had a muted sense of taste and smell with certain things (namely toothpaste, vanilla, coconut and peppermint extracts, pepperoni, onion, certain spices). Thankfully, coffee is fine! Same thing today, but so far no other symptoms. Wife (no symptoms, yet) and I are getting tested Saturday.
              Best of luck to you and your family on a quick recovery! Hopefully you and the wife test negative. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Reporting sensationalist news articles that talk about record spikes -- that occurred due to holiday reporting delays -- is a mind searching to justify his nosophobic ranting posts.

False. They are flat.

True.

False. (they are falling unless you agree with us on the data delay -- then they are probably rising slightly)

Now for Kansas?

In Sedgwick County ...

New cases are falling.
                Daily deaths seem plateaued but the numbers are low enough I haven't tracked them.

All that to say, I expect these numbers -- even falling ones -- to trend UP slightly due to typical cold weather illness patterns, but that's not unexpected or sensational news.
                Complete and utter dismantling.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So, in our household, my step-son got the antibody test 2 weeks ago and found out he had it at least 3-4 weeks prior (had the IgG antibody). My step-daughter tested positive 2 days ago via rapid test with mild cold-like symptoms plus muted taste and smell. Yesterday I noticed I had a muted sense of taste and smell with certain things (namely toothpaste, vanilla, coconut and peppermint extracts, pepperoni, onion, certain spices). Thankfully, coffee is fine! Same thing today, but so far no other symptoms. Wife (no symptoms, yet) and I are getting tested Saturday.
                  EEeeesh. Stay away from your daughter-in-law! hahaha
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Get rest, be safe, and get healthy soon. All the best to you and your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

False. They are flat.

True.

Now for Kansas?

In Sedgwick County ...

New cases are falling.

Very cute! But manipulating your sample period in order to fit a narrative is a trick that will fool only the very special amongst us... looks like 'Fever appreciated it! ;)

In all seriousness though; Covid infections, hospitalizations, Long Haulers, and deaths will continue to soar into 2021. I wish I had better news to share.

In closing: I want to thank you all for your indulgence and hospitality. I feel like we've walked far enough down this path together to have thoroughly covered every issue in every shade of reality. As a general rule, I stay away from political discourse because it's nearly impossible to have an honest discussion. Like religion, the indoctrination is too strong and continually derails intellectual progress as soon as one party looks inward and gets conflicted. Then it's all downhill from there. This was a nice exercise though. Too bad we couldn't do it live under the influence of alcohol.

So farewell to you all in this context of discussion. Perhaps I will rejoin at the next presidential election. In the meantime, stay safe and those of you who are dealing with this insidious, alien seed... God speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Very cute! But manipulating your sample period in order to fit a narrative is a trick that will fool only the very special amongst us... looks like 'Fever appreciated it! ;)

In all seriousness though; Covid infections, hospitalizations, Long Haulers, and deaths will continue to soar into 2021. I wish I had better news to share.

In closing: I want to thank you all for your indulgence and hospitality. I feel like we've walked far enough down this path together to have thoroughly covered every issue in every shade of reality. As a general rule, I stay away from political discourse because it's nearly impossible to have an honest discussion. Like religion, the indoctrination is too strong and continually derails intellectual progress as soon as one party looks inward and gets conflicted. Then it's all downhill from there. This was a nice exercise though. Too bad we couldn't do it live under the influence of alcohol.

So farewell to you all in this context of discussion. Perhaps I will rejoin at the next presidential election. In the meantime, stay safe and those of you who are dealing with this insidious, alien seed... God speed!

I don’t know if you know this Cold, but Twain was interrupted when unveiling this quote. Had he been allowed to continue, it would not have been as catchy, but would have read like this:

”There are lies, damn lies, and statistics, but he who uses crayons to make his point is the damndist of all”
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Geez KW. You didn’t have to dismantle him so bad to make him wanna just give up and leave.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

My daughter says coffee taste like battery acid now. Diet Cokes no longer taste good for me - I am now drinking Diet Mt. Dew.

Comment

• So now that I have basically recovered, am I bulletproof or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

My daughter says coffee taste like battery acid now. Diet Cokes no longer taste good for me - I am now drinking Diet Mt. Dew.
                                Poor girl! I couldn't deal with day if my coffee tasted like battery acid!

Now, I always did think Diet Coke tasted like battery acid!

Comment

Working...
                                X